Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 hours ago, teddybeararmy said:

:Chansiri:"Mr Bruce we like to offer you this £1m pound contract"

lol "where do I sign"

:Chansiri:"just one thing,we may have a problem with p&s, meaning loans and free transfers.

lol : "did you say£2m"

:Chansiri:"yes"

lol "where do I sign"

Yeah because it goes exactly like that 

Pretty sure he could take a number of other jobs that pay better than us and not f*cked as we so apparently are...

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

There's the same amount of proof we're under an embargo too.

Remember, we aren't in this supposed embargo for ffp breaches.

PS: The players have signed deals with us, they are our players.

Where is the proof they’ve signed deals? 

Just now, bladeshater said:

It's common sense think about it do you think they would be training in Portugal without signing not covered by insurance risking getting injured 

Not unusual for free agents to train at a club. 

I’m sure they have committed to the club in some way. I’m just saying announcing them could lead us into bother with the EFL, like we saw with Birmingham last season. I won’t say they’ve signed until it is confirmed by the club.

There is no official announcement they’ve signed, nothing which suggests we’ve sold our ground and nothing to indicate we are under an embargo. It’s all just paper talk and rumours. The only thing we can go on is Chansiri’s word, and he said back in January we’d be in trouble if something doesn’t change by the time the accounts are submitted. Those accounts which still haven’t been submitted by the way. 

Sorry but I’m not going to sit here and pretend all will be fine. This summer is heading the same way as last summer. 

19 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Really hope we see Penney get a lot of game time this season. I’d rather give him a chance to make a name for himself than sign someone else’s cast offs tbh.

Needs to take his chance in pre season to show he is our first choice LB. Does he have it in him? We'll see. 

6 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

It's common sense think about it do you think they would be training in Portugal without signing not covered by insurance risking getting injured 

I think you've lost him there.

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It's fairly unusual to take players, who are purely on trial, to a huge club summer event and let them take photos with all of the fans and their adoring kids though...

They've signed, get over it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

No where credible then :ph34r: in all seriousness we have to be under an embargo surely but fizz knows if we’ve sold the ground. 

If you believe the Star that we're under an embargo, it's not for ffp. So I think they're correct on both counts and ground is sold.

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

Unless there is a specific get out clause in the contracts, the "players" are our employees, but not players. They cannot play until registered. For whatever reason, that hasn't happened yet. Worst case scenario; we're embargoed but still have to pay these employees even though they can't play for us.

Yeah that's what I meant.

If someone wants to pinch them they can, but we'll be entitled to compo like they were attempting to sign FF or Reach or someone.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m sure they have committed to the club in some way. I’m just saying announcing them could lead us into bother with the EFL, like we saw with Birmingham last season. I won’t say they’ve signed until it is confirmed by the club. 

Birmingham were in trouble with the EFL for being put into a soft embargo and then paying a fee for a player. They signed a number of players for free that weren't a concern. We have released more players (on bigger wages) than we have signed, so that complies with the embargo rules as well.

34 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Do you think Borner would have reneged on a verbal agreement to sign with his old club in Germany, move his wife & family to Sheffield & look for schools in the area if he hadn't signed a contract with the club.