Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, jimbob 13 said:

All it needs is a bit of clarity from the club explaining what’s going on

I talked to a bloke who wanted 3 grand for his compressor.. I needed one for my business...he told me all about it.. I said I know.. I've got 2 on site.. I want this for a backup..we settled at 2 grand..

I didn't have 2 compressors... but if he'd have known that..

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I talked to a bloke who wanted 3 grand for his compressor.. I needed one for my business...he told me all about it.. I said I know.. I've got 2 on site.. I want this for a backup..we settled at 2 grand..

I didn't have 2 compressors... but if he'd have known that..

You should be doing Brexit... i'm impressed.  

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

No, just 3 human beings physically being present with the squad, wearing the kit etc at OITP and in Portugal.

Our club is hiding stuff from us!!!

Cool, was getting worried they wouldn't be eligible to play for us in preseason  still. Thanks for the update,

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

No transfer announcements or even credible rumours then?

The clock is ticking....

I think you could definitely file players appearing at Owls in the Park and training with us in Portugal under ‘credible rumours’.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The club sends out too many mixed messages. In May Bruce said we weren’t operating under an embargo. Now it seems like we’re under one. A bit of clarification wouldn’t go a miss.

I don’t need to know the ins and outs of everything But when you’ve got SB saying he wants to change and transform the team and there is no news on incomings and outgoings, questions will be raised. 

In modern football, the transfer window is a huge part for fans in terms of interest. To be left in the dark over what our situation is, I think is unfair.

It will all come clear in time then you can either walk away from the club or carry on as you are now. 

Thank goodness we aren't signing Cattamole. Hes too old and can't have another unstable player in midfield. Bannen and Hutchinson are unstable with the former getting booked almost every match. 

Wr need young players and should be looking in Africa and Eastern Europe for talent. Such players will turn out for peanuts and run like crazy for 90 minutes. 

Cattamole would have expected at least 40k a week and given out insane proclivity for paying Premier league wages for league Two standard players (at best) then wr would have probably paid. 

When was the last time we brought anyone through from the youth team

There must be better players in there than donkeys like Fletcher, dobbin, bannen, etc etc. 

It seems pointless to have a youth team when no one ever comes through. 

2 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

Really hope we see Penney get a lot of game time this season. I’d rather give him a chance to make a name for himself than sign someone else’s cast offs tbh.

I have high hopes for Penney next season, think he could become a good player under Bruce 

Now watch him sign for someone like Accrington on a season loan 

8 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Thank goodness we aren't signing Cattamole. Hes too old and can't have another unstable player in midfield. Bannen and Hutchinson are unstable with the former getting booked almost every match. 

Wr need young players and should be looking in Africa and Eastern Europe for talent. Such players will turn out for peanuts and run like crazy for 90 minutes. 

Cattamole would have expected at least 40k a week and given out insane proclivity for paying Premier league wages for league Two standard players (at best) then wr would have probably paid. 

When was the last time we brought anyone through from the youth team

There must be better players in there than donkeys like Fletcher, dobbin, bannen, etc etc. 

It seems pointless to have a youth team when no one ever comes through. 

2/10, must try harder. You get a mark for consistently using "Bannen" though

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

What will you do with the information once you have it?

Ill do nothing with it. Just the same as other info coming out of the club (except ticket prices and fixture dates). 

When Bruce was announced as manager: shrug of shoulders, ok then. 

If tomorrow, three signings are announced, I'll also do nothing: except I'll be wondering why wasn't it said a month ago? 

Why differentiate between different bits of information? 

Have we signed the players or not? If not, what were they doing at OitP? If we have, why not say so?

Tbh I would be content enough with a new summer policy of a total news blackout. Turn up to the first game of the season and see who we've signed, but that won't happen, so just announce the signings as we sign them.

43 minutes ago, mogbad said:

True & I know DC has a tendancy to stick his head in the sand but armed with the knowledge that Brum ended up with a points deduction I can't believe he would fly in the face of EFL advice & sign players without their consent.

True, and I can't believe it either... but (call it over-the-top cynicism), I'm assuming nothing these days after years of "I can't believe that" at this club. Being under an embargo for 90% of last summer and not being told was a game changer as far as I'm concerned. 

Believe it or not, the amount I'm posting about it probably suggests I'm way more worried about this than I actually am! Just gonna wait for the signings to be officially announced before cracking the champagne. And after last summer, I would have thought others might take the same approach. I'm glad a lot of you have a bit more optimism than me :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

Is it just Wednesday or is it everywhere that supporters feel so entitled know everything going on at a club?

TBH we get to know bugger all most of the time. It doesn't particularly bother me but when you get other clubs announcing signings and revealing new kits well in advance of the new season then you can understand why some of our fans get a bit p!$$ed off with the lack of info from the club.

11 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Ill do nothing with it. Just the same as other info coming out of the club (except ticket prices and fixture dates). 

When Bruce was announced as manager: shrug of shoulders, ok then. 

If tomorrow, three signings are announced, I'll also do nothing: except I'll be wondering why wasn't it said a month ago? 

Why differentiate between different bits of information? 

Have we signed the players or not? If not, what were they doing at OitP? If we have, why not say so?

Tbh I would be content enough with a new summer policy of a total news blackout. Turn up to the first game of the season and see who we've signed, but that won't happen, so just announce the signings as we sign them.

I like that idea could be a right publicity stunt, will it be Messi or Madine?

10 minutes ago, Pacific said:

Fletcher & Bannan are donkeys?

I'm on Lytham beach with the dog , 

Do you want me to have a mosy up to Central Pier to have a look for em? 

Shouldn't be difficult ?

One full size bald Donkey 

One minature Shetland type and Bald .....

• Haha 2