Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, jimbob 13 said:

All it needs is a bit of clarity from the club explaining what’s going on

We should be so lucky. How long did we have to wait last year before the club finally conceded we were embargoed? This will rumble on all summer. 

Just now, Kanye West said:

Is it just Wednesday or is it everywhere that supporters feel so entitled know everything going on at a club?

I suspect every club has that type of supporter.

2 minutes ago, goonan8 said:

That would certainly save 100+ pages in this thread.

Might create 3000 pages of hate towards chansiri, if we can't register new players or buy anyone for a year. 

The signs are there...we're just avoiding them

9 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Is it just Wednesday or is it everywhere that supporters feel so entitled know everything going on at a club?

There's being entitled,  and there's being able to receive basic information.

Whether or not we've signed players and whether or not we're in an embargo probably comes under the latter.

14 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Do you think Borner would have reneged on a verbal agreement to sign with his old club in Germany, move his wife & family to Sheffield & look for schools in the area if he hadn't signed a contract with the club.

Nope. I think he has signed. Doesn’t mean the EFL will be happy about it though. 

13 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Do you think Borner would have reneged on a verbal agreement to sign with his old club in Germany, move his wife & family to Sheffield & look for schools in the area if he hadn't signed a contract with the club.

No, but then I bet no one at Brum thought that foreign player that signed for them would do the same thing last season... but then he wasn't allowed to play football over here. 

Personally I'm not going to be worrying myself over it, but until the club announces them officially, in the back of my mind I'm going to not completely rule out the possibility that we might be subject to some rather embarrassing news stories in a couple of weeks. Plenty of time for the club to avoid that, and I have no reason to doubt they've probably done everything necessary to ensure it won't happen. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Minton said:

Birmingham were in trouble with the EFL for being put into a soft embargo and then paying a fee for a player. They signed a number of players for free that weren't a concern. We have released more players (on bigger wages) than we have signed, so that complies with the embargo rules as well.

If everything complies with embargo rules, then why delay in making an announcement? I just don't get it.

23 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

I think its fair to ask for and or expect the basics. Ie transfers etc. 

That, in turn kinda negates the conspiracy stuff. 

If we are embargoed, then at least we know and what to expect. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

If everything complies with embargo rules, then why delay in making an announcement? I just don't get it.

We may be waiting for the EFL. We can't announce something that hasn't been decided yet...

31 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Disagree. Compared to other clubs I don't think we are very transparent at all. 

If we are under an embargo, there is nothing stopping the club releasing a short statement. 

Poor in my view. At the end of the day fans have paid a lot of money for season tickets, we do have some kind of right to know what is going on. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Disagree. Compared to other clubs I don't think we are very transparent at all. 

If we are under an embargo, there is nothing stopping the club releasing a short statement. 

Poor in my view. 

I think we have a fair share of bedwetters 

Just now, Mycroft said:

How will it benefit you by knowing?

Because I've paid a lot of money for the season ticket. I'm a supporter of the club.

A well run club keeps supporters engaged and doesn't leave them in the dark. Unfortunately we have failed miserably in that respect for a good number of years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Minton said:

We may be waiting for the EFL. We can't announce something that hasn't been decided yet...

Possibly but we're supposedly under embargo because we haven't filed our accounts at Companies House.  My take on it is that the EFL have allowed us to sign players in advance of the accounts being filed with the stipulation that they won't be officially registered until such time as the accounts are filed, hence no official announcements until registration is complete.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Because I've paid a lot of money for the season ticket. I'm a supporter of the club.

A well run club keeps supporters engaged and doesn't leave them in the dark. Unfortunately we have failed miserably in that respect for a good number of years. 

Does it say in the T&C of the season ticket that they will keep you updated of embargoes?

How far does your sense of entitlement go?  What days they do the laundry?  How much they pay the staff?  Its all engaging stuff but I wouldn't think we have automatic right to know everything.

I would say that under DC regime he has engaged more that any other chairperson in the past.

8 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

How will it benefit you by knowing?

To be fair, if we only had a club statement on issues that benefit us we'd not have statements about acedemy players signing pro contracts, back room recruitment, pre-season training in Portugal etc.