Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

Not sure what your point is.

The point is that if the club releases statements about some things that are not of benefit to us fans, then they can release statements about other things that are not of benefi. So an embargo statement should not be dismissed out of hand as non-beneficial.

I agree with you that we fans have an unwarranted sense of entitlement to statements on just about anything, but when players are paraded at OitP and are clearly visible at training camp, a simple explanation of what's happening (signed subject to EFL approval?) doesn't seem to much to ask. 

If its the EFL that don't want a puplic statement, then surely the appearance at OitP has more or less gone against this.

Sheffield Wednesday would like to confirm that after submitting it’s 2014 accounts that the club has not got a pot to wee wee in. Not for the lack of wee wee but the EFL have decided the pot is too full and taken it away.

Sheffield Wednesday would also like to confirm it has pre-signed 3 out of contract players without the concent of the EFL and therefore are on the naughty step with Birmingham City.

Whilst we are in dialogue with the EFL we are waiting for Norwich to get some of their Premier League megabucks spent on the white elephant that is Jordan Rhodes. Come on Deliah put the sherry down and get on the blower!!

Sheffield Wednesday are also delighted  to confirm that both home and away kits for the 2019/2020 will be available for circa £99 from 25th October once a certain “obstacle” has been removed.

There will be no further comment at this time.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

The point is that if the club releases statements about some things that are not of benefit to us fans, then they can release statements about other things that are not of benefi. So an embargo statement should not be dismissed out of hand as non-beneficial.

I agree with you that we fans have an unwarranted sense of entitlement to statements on just about anything, but when players are paraded at OitP and are clearly visible at training camp, a simple explanation of what's happening (signed subject to EFL approval?) doesn't seem to much to ask. 

If its the EFL that don't want a puplic statement, then surely the appearance at OitP has more or less gone against this.

So once you know, what then?  

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Everyone seems to be missing why we are under the supposed embargo.

It is not for FFP infringements.

Its for not handing in our accounts.

Two different matters.

And why have we not submitted the accounts...?

..because DC knows what's coming when we do.

The soft flaccid embargo will become a rock solid 10 erection with cockring attached. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

The soft flaccid embargo will become a rock solid 10 erection with cockring attached. 

EFL already have them so no it won't.

This is just for companies house.

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Oi!!

Flacid is my word of the day and only has one c.

You're more of a shrivelled type.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

No, but then I bet no one at Brum thought that foreign player that signed for them would do the same thing last season... but then he wasn't allowed to play football over here. 

Personally I'm not going to be worrying myself over it, but until the club announces them officially, in the back of my mind I'm going to not completely rule out the possibility that we might be subject to some rather embarrassing news stories in a couple of weeks. Plenty of time for the club to avoid that, and I have no reason to doubt they've probably done everything necessary to ensure it won't happen. 

True & I know DC has a tendancy to stick his head in the sand but armed with the knowledge that Brum ended up with a points deduction I can't believe he would fly in the face of EFL advice & sign players without their consent.

12 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Who sayd we haven't submitted the accounts to the EFL? 

31 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Does it say in the T&C of the season ticket that they will keep you updated of embargoes?

How far does your sense of entitlement go?  What days they do the laundry?  How much they pay the staff?  Its all engaging stuff but I wouldn't think we have automatic right to know everything.

I would say that under DC regime he has engaged more that any other chairperson in the past.

The club sends out too many mixed messages. In May Bruce said we weren’t operating under an embargo. Now it seems like we’re under one. A bit of clarification wouldn’t go a miss.

I don’t need to know the ins and outs of everything But when you’ve got SB saying he wants to change and transform the team and there is no news on incomings and outgoings, questions will be raised. 

In modern football, the transfer window is a huge part for fans in terms of interest. To be left in the dark over what our situation is, I think is unfair.

2 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

The club complied with the EFL's requirements last summer.  Why do people think we've suddenly decided we're going to ignore them this year?

I suppose it gives certain posters something to wibble about while we wait for the football to start again.

Just now, Fuzzy logics said:

No transfer announcements or even credible rumours then?

The clock is ticking....

No, just 3 human beings physically being present with the squad, wearing the kit etc at OITP and in Portugal.

Our club is hiding stuff from us!!!

• Haha 1