Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

9 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Says on BBC football Maddison has a2.5 million buy out clause at P/Boro and Hull are sniffing. Would rather risk a punt on him than Onomah.

The clips of him look quality. He's got that little technique where he can whip a cross in hard and its got that sharp dip at the end. Some of his long balls are Bannan quality.

Edited by agentwalker

6 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Says on BBC football Maddison has a2.5 million buy out clause at P/Boro and Hull are sniffing. Would rather risk a punt on him than Onomah.

It continues to surprise me how Maddison hasn't played at a higher level yet. I used to watch him sometimes when he played for Gateshead, he's a uniquely talented footballer. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

It continues to surprise me how Maddison hasn't played at a higher level yet. I used to watch him sometimes when he played for Gateshead, he's a uniquely talented footballer. 

Looks quality the bits ive seen and willing to work. Could be a steal at the buy out price.

7 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

The clips of him look quality. He's got that little technique where he can whip a cross in hard and its got that sharp dip at the end. Some of his long balls are Bannan quality.

Got that rare quality of been able to put a cross in and take shot on goal with need of very little space to do it. Well worth taking 2.5m gamble on if we can afford it.

Much more suited to that right footed left winger spot then Adam Reach. 

Reach on left wing, Maddison on the right, and we are on to something.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

It wouldn't suggest that I dont think , once the accounts are in the embargo will be lifted, could be tomorrow could be next week who knows but I'm pretty sure we will see a few more posts saying embargo lifted from trusted sources

Head in the sand if you don’t think it will be worrying I’m afraid. 

5 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Mix of price and a bit of a reputation about his attitude. Personally I think he’s worth a gamble but he seems set on a move to the mackems 

Peterborough want 3m for him.

He's got a release clause of £2.5m in his current contract, which expires at the end of next season. Peterborough are hoping to renegotiate his current deal, but as it stands, £2.5m gets him.

Sunderland aren't interested in him according to Darragh MacAnthony, despite the continued links. Probably through lazy journalism, Maddison is from Durham. The only club to have shown any interest are Hull, after McCann got the gig there, and they've yet to come back with an actual offer for the lad. 

For me, as it stands, I don't think we could justify spending £2.5m on a player yet to have played at this level, never mind proven at it. However, if we manage to get rid of a couple of players for some decent money, and it gives us a reasonable transfer fund, I think he's a player who could well prove to be an absolute bargain. 

His bare stats for the past couple of seasons are unreal. Ridiculously efficient both in assists and goals. 

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Head in the sand if you don’t think it will be worrying I’m afraid. 

No it isn't lol until further news comes out nobody can say either way but all the reports have been positive that itll be lifted soon

4 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

He's got a release clause of £2.5m in his current contract, which expires at the end of next season. Peterborough are hoping to renegotiate his current deal, but as it stands, £2.5m gets him.

Sunderland aren't interested in him according to Darragh MacAnthony, despite the continued links. Probably through lazy journalism, Maddison is from Durham. The only club to have shown any interest are Hull, after McCann got the gig there, and they've yet to come back with an actual offer for the lad. 

For me, as it stands, I don't think we could justify spending £2.5m on a player yet to have played at this level, never mind proven at it. However, if we manage to get rid of a couple of players for some decent money, and it gives us a reasonable transfer fund, I think he's a player who could well prove to be an absolute bargain. 

His bare stats for the past couple of seasons are unreal. Ridiculously efficient both in assists and goals. 

This is the thing for me, plenty have looked, but nobody has taken a punt His price isn’t prohibitive, so there must be serious doubts whether he can step up.

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Like they did last summer? 

Still makes me laugh how loads of fans genuinely found it acceptable that we'd dicked our way into an embargo like it was the EFLs fault that we couldn't sell or buy players anywhere near efficiently and sustainably. Same ones that deny it this time round probably. As they sip their Elev8. 

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Still makes me laugh how loads of fans genuinely found it acceptable that we'd dicked our way into an embargo like it was the EFLs fault that we couldn't sell or buy players anywhere near efficiently and sustainably. Same ones that deny it this time round probably. As they sip their Elev8. 

Agreed. I’ll despair if we are in the same situation this year. 

28 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

He does have a release clause for 2.5m but it is plus the fee they paid Gateshead and all up front. So near 3m.

Sunderland are interested but can’t pay that unless this takeover happens. He was a Sunderland fan as a boy so he was keen. But there is a window for someone to go in and get him.

I think it’s a case of clubs waiting to see who blinks first. If someone matched the clause then a couple of others might. But as time goes on Peterborough will need to accept less or it’s a free for all next summer.

Hull would seem a real waste.

10 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

But it wasn't serious then was it?

Nah its all fine that we put ourselves in a situation where we couldn't improve the squad. What else would we pay top whack for other than to stockpile players and not tell the fans anything.