Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

45 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Interesting that Bristol City are signing Tomas Kalas permanently fron Chelsea. Shows that even without a manager at Chelsea, deals are still being done. He's also a similar player to Hector in terms of being at Chelsea for a long time and having many loan spells away. Now he's finally moved permanently.

Presumably Bristol have money to spend though with the £12m they got for selling a youth player after one full season of football.

Another team that is player younger players developing them then selling them on for big money - what a great idea   if only we did that. lol

10 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

To be fair they've already sold a defender for £12M this summer so they've got plenty of spare cash to make a good purchase like Kalas. Might set the sort of price Chelsea would want for Hector though. 

That's what I was thinking. Kalas had two years left on his contract, Hector's only got one so that could work in our favour.

We've got no chance if they want anywhere near as much as that.

4 minutes ago, Woozie said:

That's what I was thinking. Kalas had two years left on his contract, Hector's only got one so that could work in our favour.

Kalas has also been in and around the squad at Chelsea.

Hector has been nowhere near it.

30 minutes ago, Woozie said:

If DaSilva, a current England U23 international, left Chelsea for £2m, I can’t see them asking much more for Hector. He’s probably beyond the age of being considered an investment 

40 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Presumably Bristol have money to spend though with the £12m they got for selling a youth player after one full season of football.

Another team that is player younger players developing them then selling them on for big money - what a great idea   if only we did that. lol

I think Jos tried.

45 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I assume you're talking about Bobby Reid? He played 3 full seasons for Bristol and the first 2 he only scored 5 goals in 59 games

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

That is an interesting point...I wonder if the strategy was to play any of the youngsters with promise in the hope of getting a big bid......and solving FFP?

He said in interviews that DC wanted to realise the investment made in the youth side that had done well at u23 level. Jo’s reckons Dawson and Penney, possibly Hunt would be the big money younger players.

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Interesting that Bristol City are signing Tomas Kalas permanently fron Chelsea. Shows that even without a manager at Chelsea, deals are still being done. He's also a similar player to Hector in terms of being at Chelsea for a long time and having many loan spells away. Now he's finally moved permanently.

What a signing this is for City btw, they signed DaSilva too and sold Kelly to Bournemouth so there in profit. What a bit of business this was.

9 minutes ago, Minton said:

I assume you're talking about Bobby Reid? He played 3 full seasons for Bristol and the first 2 he only scored 5 goals in 59 games

No they sold Kelly for £12m a few weeks ago I believe he is a full back

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Minton said:

Bobby Reid was sold last year as part of the £26.5M worth of transfer sales such as Flint and Bryan etc . This summer they've already sold Lloyd Kelly for £13M to Bournemouth. 

In regards to Bristol being a selling club too. A while ago their owner Lansdown identified that they could not compete with so called 'bigger' clubs unless they invested time and money into their academy and transfer policy. Obviously alongside their recent investment into the stadium and infrastructure the club are making strides forward to reach the Premier League despite selling top players year on year. Impressive if not a little disheartening for fans sometimes. 

• Like 1

Bristol City have signed Sammie Szmodics from Colchester United.

The central attacking midfielder has agreed to sign a three-year contract with a further 12-month option from July 1st.

Szmodics, 23, started his career at Colchester United having joined the U’s Academy.