Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest Ash76

Fully expect we announce the renewals, if we don’t then it’s a full embargo. 

Nothing to be concerned about if it’s lifted when accounts are filed though. 

I expect we’ll get a better idea of where we are during OITP, either directly or indirectly. 

Relax, I worry for some people blood pressure 

9 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I see the usual suspects are out in force, hoping the club is in theshit.  You can feel their desperation.

I'm hopeful we've learnt from our mistakes. Bit naive to think everything has been all rosey on the transfer and squad management front  Its definitely been reflected in the 18 months of crap before Bruce was brought in. Maybe thats too much for some people to understand/admit to when they think everything is perfect. I don't know.

• Haha 2

Apparently them shares we sold for 21m freed up 8m towards FFP. Add that to the fact they will probably announce the sale of the ground aswell. It will all be fine. 

Ok we many not spend millions. but we definitely wont be embargoed.

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Apparently them shares we sold for 21m freed up 8m towards FFP. Add that to the fact they will probably announce the sale of the ground aswell. It will all be fine. 

You just made that up?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

According to who?

32 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Wait, we didnt sign anyone last summer?

Onomah and Hector on deadline day. Slow start to the season because we failed to recruit and sell throughout pre season. If the same was to happen again it will be another mid table finish, or lower regardless of who is in charge.

25 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Fully expect we announce the renewals, if we don’t then it’s a full embargo. 

Nothing to be concerned about if it’s lifted when accounts are filed though. 

I expect we’ll get a better idea of where we are during OITP, either directly or indirectly. 

Relax, I worry for some people blood pressure 

Yeah man. Don't worry about what  you can control.

If we can sacrifice a few more players and recoup some funds. I'd love it if we brought in Hector, Morsy and Maddison or similar. Plus confirming the free agents and bringing in some quality loanees. That sort of business along with having Bruce in charge and Westwood in goal, would give us a reasonable chance of pushing for the top 6. Depending upon the accounts and getting a few players out, we could have a decent go at it without breaking the bank.

Maybe the hold ups relate to the financials being late and then it had a knock on effect, as they needed auditing and discussed with FFP authorities; and maybe people have been in holiday. 

Hopefully, we’ve stayed within the rules and lined up deals behind closed ready to go. 

If we haven’t stayed in the rules..

Why don’t the EFL comment on FFP and Embargo matters ????? 

Personally stand by my opinion that the whole scheme is an absolute sham, not acceptable from the clubs point of view to fall foul of whatever these ‘rules’ are ,but the communication blackout from the EFL to FFP matters and embargo punishments  for me is also unacceptable, do they know there own rules to this absolute madness ?? 

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Onomah and Hector on deadline day. Slow start to the season because we failed to recruit and sell throughout pre season. If the same was to happen again it will be another mid table finish, or lower regardless of who is in charge.

Slow start to the season because Jos was in charge.  You can;t say if we don't sign anyone AGAIN, when we did sign players last summer.

30 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Not sure how this increases revenue 

46 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I see the usual suspects are out in force, hoping the club is in theshit.  You can feel their desperation.

Real lack of intelligence when people post this kind of thing. There's not a Wednesday fan on the planet who actually hopes this. It's a ridiculous comment aimed stopping logical discussion about the possibilities and uncertainties surrounding the club.