What’s the chances

25 minutes ago, Sonny said:

We were third at the time though so that’s a shocking lack of ambition from Jones there.

We were also 5 points and 2 games in hand behind, having only won once in 5.

Pretty stand ambition really. He'd have been laughed at if he said we're going up in second.

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We were also 5 points and 2 games in hand behind, having only won once in 5.

Pretty stand ambition really. He'd have been laughed at if he said we're going up in second.

I was just joking really, but yeah sure.

49 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

I think we would need to win the next 6 games to even put us in with a chance of getting to the play offs. 

That happening is entirely possible you could argue given Bruce arriving, clean slate for all players, plus 3 new signings. And the new manager bounce. 

But in reality,  we are nowhere near good enough this season. I think we will get around 63 points and finish about 14th. 

Then let Bruce work the transfer market in the close season and try to improve next year. 

The next 6 are all winnable, 5 of them below us in the league and the other home to Swansea. I'm just not sure it's the Wednesday way to win lots of winnable games however. I'd be more than happy with top half, which is realistic. 

1 hour ago, Baggys battle bus said:

18 games left .12 points off play offs and a game in hand . Could we ?

Highly unlikely but we've got a run of winnable games that could put us within touching distance of the play-offs.

I've put £10 on a top 6 finish at 100-1 with Sky Bet today.

• Like 1

Said I’m another thread. It’s not just 11 points (before derby played). It’s 11 teams. We need all of those and or teams higher in the playoffs to have average form st best whilst we need to almost show auto form. Out goal difference currently is basically like being another point behind too.

It’s good to be optimistic, but realistic this ain’t.