What’s the chances

Guest Theboylangers

I think we would need to win the next 6 games to even put us in with a chance of getting to the play offs. 

That happening is entirely possible you could argue given Bruce arriving, clean slate for all players, plus 3 new signings. And the new manager bounce. 

But in reality,  we are nowhere near good enough this season. I think we will get around 63 points and finish about 14th. 

Then let Bruce work the transfer market in the close season and try to improve next year. 

1 minute ago, Theboylangers said:

I think we would need to win the next 6 games to even put us in with a chance of getting to the play offs. 

That happening is entirely possible you could argue given Bruce arriving, clean slate for all players, plus 3 new signings. And the new manager bounce. 

But in reality,  we are nowhere near good enough this season. I think we will get around 63 points and finish about 14th. 

Then let Bruce work the transfer market in the close season and try to improve next year. 

Realistic answer but we can all believe in the impossible 

Just have to finish above 7th spot, which historically has been as follows. 

17/18  73pts  +13GD

16/17  75  +14

15/16  69  +2

14/15  78  +14

13/14  71  +14

12/13  68  +8

11/12  70  +1

10/11  72  +11

09/10  69  +3

08/09  74  +12

Perfectly doable under our current form, if it's around the 70pts  +5GD mark. Just go for it

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

The last manager here to be asked the question about the rest of the season and the reply was 'We'll have a go and see where it takes us' was Dave Jones and we all know what followed :cool:

We were third at the time though so that’s a shocking lack of ambition from Jones there.