Forestierri 14m

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

Fans need to reconcile themselves with the fact we have to flog players in order to avoid embargo and give SB the best chance to reshape the team. So we have to stop this pathetic sentimental attachment to players, particularly those who have not consistently featured for the last 2 years. 

I think some fans are so desperate for a hero that common sense goes out the window 

29, injury prone and I still have reservations again his attitude 

id sell for as little as £8M

Edited by FreshOwl

19 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Yes better, who do you think when both fit is the better of the two?

Do you think Reach is a good left back? Is that his best position?

Course reach isn't as good at left back my point is he is a player we must have on the pitch so we will put him where ever we can rather than drop him.

On his day Forestieri is better than anyone. But just like Ozil,  you get them days less and less all the time. 

Unless we get 10m for Forestieri them I wouldn't  let him go.  As to buy a player with similar qualities would cost you the same.

We just need to see more of the Forestieri from 2 years ago. Hopefully Bruce can get him back to that. As I am convinced he won't want to sell him which maybe why we see the 14m price tag.

Edited by pazowl55
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

I think some fans are so desperate for a hero that common sense goes out the window 

29, injury prone and I still have reservations again his attitude 

id sell for as little as £8M

Bruce has been around the test team and their star player is getting towards 40.... I really hope it hasn't given him ideas.

Don’t get this Reach v FF debate

FF is clearly the better player but hasn’t been on the pitch anywhere near enough recently.

When he has been on the pitch he’s pretty much always our biggest threat. Him being in the pitch as a big difference in the style of the opposites. Only Joao can rival him in that IMO.

No coincidence that in the 2 seasons we’ve hardly seen him we’ve been pretty abysmal. 

You can’t sell FF for less than top dollar because he’s going to cost an absolute fortune to replace.

Which we haven’t done in the time he’s been injured, and that’s why we’re crap when he’s missing 

Forestieri wasn’t happy under the last manager. How good was he the first few games when he was doing his thing. Jos wanted a team role which shackled him, plus there was no communication.

FF allowed to do what he does best is a beast in this league and I think Bruce understands that 

2 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Prejudices? Really? 

You happy with a player that is consistently injured or facing suspensions? 

Last 2 years he has been a disaster for us.

He owes the club big time.

The thread is about Forrestieri being available for 14m allegedly. Not whether we are happy with him or if he's been a disaster or if he owes the club.

But thanks for confirming what I said.

4 hours ago, Womble Owl said:

I must be reading this different to everyone else. 

To me it says, we are asking for 14m, not that we've been offered it, two different things. 

I agree with you. We may want 14million but realistic price 6 million with the lack of football over last 2 years plus a questionable attitude. Do rate him but I would take 6 million rather than nothing in 18 months.

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Not sure what's dafter....that we're supposedly asking so much or the fans saying take it if it's offered.....

We'd be lucky to get 4m.

Are you drawing a red line at £4mil? MargieMay.png.bb42b2424b3fd63b5c0005193481939a.png

Edited by camffiti
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Realistically I can't see any of the big players going. Put yourself in Bruce's shoes, would you accept a managers job knowing that your best players are going to be sold off?

I don't buy all the "I bought the players to avoid relegation" talk from DC, Bruce is a promotion manager, not a "Keep us up manager".

We might well be in the sheet financially and have to sell but I'm still not 100% convinced yet that we're in serious trouble like DC is making out.

The big thing for me is what the football league are going to do with Birmingham, why are they stalling? are they waiting for the possibility that Birmingham might get promoted and they don't have to do a thing? why not a fine and big points reduction now so they then know where they stand in the league?

It would be a huge kick in the teeth if we go out of our way, selling players to get within the FFP rules, then the football league do sweet FA to Birmingham.

Birmingham are expecting a decision in February & are bracing themselves for a possible points deduction plus further transfer embargos.