Forestierri 14m

I love Forestieri and if he’s fit and firing is definitely worth £10m+ in today’s market.

But he hasn’t been fit and firing for a while now, plus his discipline issues never seem to go away, so any club signing him now would be taking a big gamble. If I was at another club I wouldn’t be bidding any more than about £5m.

I’m desperate to see what a top manager could get out of him playing him in his preferred position - something we’ve never really seen. If Bruce is going to play 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 play FF on the left of the attacking 3 or 4, and if he can stay fit I think we could see his value rocket again. 

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

They just don’t get it. 10 games in 18 months and they rather sell Reach and Bannan, who have probably started 100 between them in that period. 

Take this view point.

Look at where we are in the league, in the time you claim Reach and Bannan have been prominent.

Look at where we finished in league when FF was prominent.

Look at the end of last season when FF came back from injury. Look at that free kick against Preston, look at how we looked more of a threat when he was in the pitch. Look at the excitement in the crowd.

Bannan and Reach do not offer us what FF offer us. 

Bananan is also prone to injury.

Now I'm not advocating to sell them, but I would sell them above FF any day of the week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Take this view point.

Look at where we are in the league, in the time you claim Reach and Bannan have been prominent.

Look at where we finished in league when FF was prominent.

Look at the end of last season when FF came back from injury. Look at that free kick against Preston, look at how we looked more of a threat when he was in the pitch. Look at the excitement in the crowd.

Bannan and Reach do not offer us what FF offer us. 

Now I'm not advocating to sell them, but I would sell them above FF any day of the week.

10 games in 18 months is ok then. 

The guy is rarely fit or not suspended. 

Its a luxury we cannot afford when we need cash for FFP.

12 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

I've seen some trolling on here before - but this is right up there!

Makes no sense to sell him in this window, far better for Bruce to have a proper look at him and if we do want to move him on then let's do it in the summer, Bruce will then have time to bring someone else in.

Has to be said that his current deal runs out in June 2020, so if we can get £8m + this year it's probably worth doing, unless DC and SB think he will fire us to promotion next season...

That said if we do get a great offer we should sell, such a shame as he's out most technically gifted player easily.

Edited by Owls2k

3 minutes ago, rob1601 said:

Selling FF isn’t the silver bullet to P&S. While we are paying the wages we do with such limited income streams, this scenario will be an annual occurrence. We need to stop making £39m of losses over a rolling 3 year period

Yes, by buying and selling players. Not by wishing it or magic beans