Forestierri 14m

On 28/01/2019 at 13:09, Hack-Abusi said:

Sell Reach and Forestieri ... Cash in while we can to allow us to rebuild over the summer ..

That would be the sensible thing to do , if only to sort out our FFP issues , but DC would rather try and sell the fans a book instead to raise money. 

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
On 28/01/2019 at 11:59, Mus said:

For me he would have gone then, but since then he hasn't looked bothered. 

That's because he ain't.

Near the end of the match on Sunday he gave the ball away when an easy pass was on and Reach just threw his arms up as if to say " fessi, just pass to a team mate rather than trying to look good on the telly"

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 14:39, JOHNHARKES said:

Our best player by some distance how people dont see this is beyond me. Love the guy. Hate to sell him. But FFP probably dictates this. When fit imo in top 5 players in division. 

Hi,im a people and agree with everything you say.

34 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

That's because he ain't.

Near the end of the match on Sunday he gave the ball away when an easy pass was on and Reach just threw his arms up as if to say " fessi, just pass to a team mate rather than trying to look good on the telly"

That's your opinion but not a fact.  I bow to your extra sensory perception revealed in your 2nd para.

9 hours ago, hawksmore said:

But at that point he was our star player, on the back of a great season coming in to a season where we all expected to push for promotion again. 

Selling a player under those circumstances would have been bad business. We all know we should sell players when they fetch the most value, but that's all hindsight. 

Those are fair points. I wouldn't entertain someone after his behaviour though so I'd have cashed in. His sale then may well have been hindsight for you but for me it was "get rid, this kid isn't a team player". Both decisions/ways to go at that point in time were viable but I think selling a player for around triple what we paid after he was causing trouble is good business. Even more so now a couple of years on from the even and we have a player far reduced in value.

• Thanks 1

He's a top notch player at this level... when he's on it he wouldn't look out of place in the premier imo.

But he's another one missing chunks out of their careers with injury.

The only way out of this cycle of having our best players being more out than in is to stop handing out 4 year contracts.

I'm aware that there are financial risks in offering shorter contracts.. but I honestly don't think we'd have much to lose...this has been going on for years.

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

He's a top notch player at this level... when he's on it he wouldn't look out of place in the premier imo.

But he's another one missing chunks out of their careers with injury.

The only way out of this cycle of having our best players being more out than in is to stop handing out 4 year contracts.

I'm aware that there are financial risks in offering shorter contracts.. but I honestly don't think we'd have much to lose...this has been going on for years.

I said in previous posts, all players should be given one year contracts in all leagues. Make things much more interesting and spread the talent.

Guest Bulgaria
18 hours ago, pioowl said:

That's your opinion but not a fact.  I bow to your extra sensory perception revealed in your 2nd para.

Why thank you sir.

12 hours ago, billyblack said:

I said in previous posts, all players should be given one year contracts in all leagues. Make things much more interesting and spread the talent.

Would just drive the players wages up even higher than what they already are.

37 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Would just drive the players wages up even higher than what they already are.

True, but minimise squad size, 3 subs again. Players would be free to leave end of each season, or resign a new contract for another year. No pay offs. Players would need to find clubs to play games hence spreading the talent.