Forestierri 14m

I think a fit FF really is the difference for us but every player has his price. £14m is easily Forestieri’s price. I would be gutted to see him go but players leave - it’s the nature of football. 

If we’re offered that for him, snatch their hands off. 

9 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Makes no sense to sell him in this window, far better for Bruce to have a proper look at him and if we do want to move him on then let's do it in the summer, Bruce will then have time to bring someone else in.

Has to be said that his current deal runs out in June 2020, so if we can get £8m + this year it's probably worth doing, unless DC and SB think he will fire us to promotion next season...

That said if we do get a great offer we should sell, such a shame as he's out most technically gifted player easily.

Why are we talking next season? We need money now. Summer is too late to avoid embargos. How can bruce bring somebody else in we are under embargo?

Fans need to reconcile themselves with the fact we have to flog players in order to avoid embargo and give SB the best chance to reshape the team. So we have to stop this pathetic sentimental attachment to players, particularly those who have not consistently featured for the last 2 years. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Take this view point.

Look at where we are in the league, in the time you claim Reach and Bannan have been prominent.

Look at where we finished in league when FF was prominent.

Look at the end of last season when FF came back from injury. Look at that free kick against Preston, look at how we looked more of a threat when he was in the pitch. Look at the excitement in the crowd.

Bannan and Reach do not offer us what FF offer us. 

Bananan is also prone to injury.

Now I'm not advocating to sell them, but I would sell them above FF any day of the week.

The injury prone Barry Bannan has played 8549 minutes of Championship football since the beginning of the 2016/2017 season

Over the same period, Fernando Forestieri has played 3927 minutes. Barry Bannan has played over twice the amount of football that Fernando Forestieri has played.

Fernando Forestieri has started 12 league games since August 2017. At the risk of being patronising, it is now January 2019.

What you're saying sounds great on an emotional level, but the second you look at it with any sort of critical eye you realise that it just doesn't stand up to factual scrutiny. 

Edited by StudentOwl

46 minutes ago, vulva said:

They just don’t get it. 10 games in 18 months and they rather sell Reach and Bannan, who have probably started 100 between them in that period. 

You really think Reach is better than Forestieri? 

We've hardly been playing well the last 18 months have we? But before that, we seemed to be doing pretty well and actually played like an attacking team, that others feared. Coincidence, causation, correlation; whichever it is there's no doubting FF has a positive impact on how we play. 

I am sure there are players in the division below who haven't missed a minute of football for their team, but that doesn't mean they're worth us buying. 

Keeping all 3 would be ideal, because they're our most valuable assets. Reach is very much replaceable in this division, which is probably why despite playing well nobody has bothered to come in for him. Nobody can really agree on his best position either.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hawksmore said:

We've hardly been playing well the last 18 months have we? But before that, we seemed to be doing pretty well and actually played like an attacking team, that others feared. Coincidence, causation, correlation; whichever it is there's no doubting FF has a positive impact on how we play. 

I am sure there are players in the division below who haven't missed a minute of football for their team, but that doesn't mean they're worth us buying. 

Keeping all 3 would be ideal, because they're our most valuable assets. Reach is very much replaceable in this division, which is probably why despite playing well nobody has bothered to come in for him. Nobody can really agree on his best position either.

Reach has played 90% of games since he’s been here. We have to sell players, so why cling on to those who barely play at the expense of those who do? We’ve shown in the last few weeks that we can compete with the stronger sides without FF. 

Edited by owls maniac

2 hours ago, Womble Owl said:

I must be reading this different to everyone else. 

To me it says, we are asking for 14m, not that we've been offered it, two different things. 

Yeah. But some don't let that fact stop them from spouting their own non connected predjudices. Just in case we havent seen them the last 100 times they posted them.

Just now, owls maniac said:

Reach has played 90% of games since he’s been here. We have to sell players, so why cling on to those who barely play at the expense of those who do? 

Joey played 90%+ of the games during jos' tenure here.

Now i'm not saying Joey is as good as Reach, but what i am saying is that there's more to consider than just how many minutes a player has been on the pitch. 

Kieron Lee would keep Reach out of the side every day of the week, if he was fit, so would FF, so would BB too. Ideally we keep them all and they all stay fit and we win the league by 20+ points. But that ain't happening. 

Quoting minutes played is clinging on and a blinkered view too, imo. 

£14m for FF is great money, whether he's played a lot or not, he should be sold for that money. But no team is paying anywhere near that for a fit, in form, never miss a game Adam Reach, are they?

1 minute ago, Peacenocchio said:

Yeah. But some don't let that fact stop them from spouting their own non connected predjudices. Just in case we havent seen them the last 100 times they posted them.

Prejudices? Really? 

You happy with a player that is consistently injured or facing suspensions? 

Last 2 years he has been a disaster for us.

He owes the club big time.

Another way of looking at the Reach Vs Forestieri debate is to ask that if Lee, Hutch, Bannan, Hooper, Forestieri were all fit, does Reach even start in the position he's played over the last season?

Personally i think he's either pushed out to the left midfield or even dropped to left back. 

11 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Better? Definitely worth more, will have a better career and if you asked every Championship side who they’d pick, vast majority would pick Reach. 

2 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Another way of looking at the Reach Vs Forestieri debate is to ask that if Lee, Hutch, Bannan, Hooper, Forestieri were all fit, does Reach even start in the position he's played over the last season?

Personally i think he's either pushed out to the left midfield or even dropped to left back. 

And if all the other blokes in the world suddenly dropped dead I'd be able to sleep with Cara Delevingne

But here we are. 

3 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Joey played 90%+ of the games during jos' tenure here.

Now i'm not saying Joey is as good as Reach, but what i am saying is that there's more to consider than just how many minutes a player has been on the pitch. 

Kieron Lee would keep Reach out of the side every day of the week, if he was fit, so would FF, so would BB too. Ideally we keep them all and they all stay fit and we win the league by 20+ points. But that ain't happening. 

Quoting minutes played is clinging on and a blinkered view too, imo. 

£14m for FF is great money, whether he's played a lot or not, he should be sold for that money. But no team is paying anywhere near that for a fit, in form, never miss a game Adam Reach, are they?

What happened when Lee was fit, Forestieri was fit. ??  

Reach went left back, every manager we have had has fit him into the team somewhere. 

The reason no one is bidding 14m for Reach is probably because they know that won't buy him. 

And taking everything into consideration it would probably buy two Forestieri's at this current time.

2 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

FF is one of our few game changers who, I believe , we haven't seen the best of yet. The price reflects an inflated market which is the same market we would have to dip into for a replacement. I would keep him unless we get a big fee which is what we are asking for. 

We've not seen that player for two years. I think we've seen the best of him. 

Realistically I can't see any of the big players going. Put yourself in Bruce's shoes, would you accept a managers job knowing that your best players are going to be sold off?

I don't buy all the "I bought the players to avoid relegation" talk from DC, Bruce is a promotion manager, not a "Keep us up manager".

We might well be in the sheet financially and have to sell but I'm still not 100% convinced yet that we're in serious trouble like DC is making out.

The big thing for me is what the football league are going to do with Birmingham, why are they stalling? are they waiting for the possibility that Birmingham might get promoted and they don't have to do a thing? why not a fine and big points reduction now so they then know where they stand in the league?

It would be a huge kick in the teeth if we go out of our way, selling players to get within the FFP rules, then the football league do sweet FA to Birmingham.

Edited by agentwalker

Be amazed if we got half of that.

If we didn't accept a bid of 7 million plus for an injury prone, big wage earner, who has a dubious disciplinary record when the club is in desperate need of finance, then I honestly can't see us ever selling a player.

Edited by Bing Cosby