Forestierri 14m

52 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

We need at least one sizable sale to enable us to keep trading...…………...but how much of the fee would be ours and how much might be owed to "someone else"

Am I correct in assuming that you have also read the Football Leaks article? Worrying times mate and no mistake.

No harm in asking high. If a deal is reached it should mean a higher comprimise. It was reported DC wanted 20m for him last year so there is some consideration for age / injury.

No idea what the hole in our finances is but you'd have thought anything over 10m would be good business. Provided a replacement (ideally young with resale value) can be brought in of course.

42 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Fans need to reconcile themselves with the fact we have to flog players in order to avoid embargo and give SB the best chance to reshape the team. So we have to stop this pathetic sentimental attachment to players, particularly those who have not consistently featured for the last 2 years. 

Agree, but not no ...

Snapping their hands off for half the price and driving him there myself 

29 minutes ago, vulva said:

Better? Definitely worth more, will have a better career and if you asked every Championship side who they’d pick, vast majority would pick Reach. 

Yes better, who do you think when both fit is the better of the two?

27 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

What happened when Lee was fit, Forestieri was fit. ??  

Reach went left back, every manager we have had has fit him into the team somewhere. 

The reason no one is bidding 14m for Reach is probably because they know that won't buy him. 

And taking everything into consideration it would probably buy two Forestieri's at this current time.

Do you think Reach is a good left back? Is that his best position?

Forestieri is a player when fit is worth around £15m. However, given his injury record over the last 2 seasons, we aren’t going to get anywhere near that. No club would pay it. We may get £7/8m but that would still represent a big gamble for a club.  Unless, we get silly money, I’d keep him and see what Bruce gets out of him.

I’m hoping Reach scores a screamer today and a club comes in with a £12m plus offer. It would be good for us and the player to aid his development. 

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Copy and paste expert... what does that even mean? lol

Oh, and post not poster is the rule, isn't it?

It means your knowledge is lacking, what you post it is often rehashed fence sitting googled tripe.

As per the 'rules' then, the content of your post is ballax. Do you even go to the games? 

WTF:

1 hour ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Take this view point.

Look at where we are in the league, in the time you claim Reach and Bannan have been prominent.

Look at where we finished in league when FF was prominent.

Look at the end of last season when FF came back from injury. Look at that free kick against Preston, look at how we looked more of a threat when he was in the pitch. Look at the excitement in the crowd.

Bannan and Reach do not offer us what FF offer us. 

Bananan is also prone to injury.

Now I'm not advocating to sell them, but I would sell them above FF any day of the week.

Have always been a fan but he hardly ever plays. 

Would take 14million pence never mind pounds.

get him off the wage bill and bring someone in who we can get 35+ games out of every season instead of 20 scatters over 2 seasons.

Edited by ka58

Just now, ka58 said:

He hardly ever plays. 

Would take 14million pence never mind pounds.

get him off the wage bill and bring someone in who we can get 35+ games out of every season instead of 20 scatters over 2 seasons.

Pence.. there's a word you don't see much these days...

Just now, hawksmore said:

It means your knowledge is lacking, what you post it is often rehashed fence sitting googled tripe.

As per the 'rules' then, the content of your post is ballax. Do you even go to the games? 

WTF:

1. When I want to fact-check I google it... when I'm not fact-checking I promise you I don't open another tab... I don't have time to google before I post every time, crikey.

2. The "point" of my post is that just because Reach wouldn't be playing if all those players were fit is immaterial, because those players aren't fit. You can only play who is available. 

3. Nope, I haven't been to a game in a very long time. Mixture of the pains of unemployment (now fortunately ceased), high cost of attendance and apathy for the direction (both literally and with the various schemes) the club is going under DC don't enthuse me to wanting to go either. I've made little attempt to hide that fact either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Mods must be putting the yorkshires in... I haven't been bounced......yet :tango:

Reported lol

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

1. When I want to fact-check I google it... when I'm not fact-checking I promise you I don't open another tab... I don't have time to google before I post every time, crikey.

2. The "point" of my post is that just because Reach wouldn't be playing if all those players were fit is immaterial, because those players aren't fit. You can only play who is available. 

3. Nope, I haven't been to a game in a very long time. Mixture of the pains of unemployment (now fortunately ceased), high cost of attendance and apathy for the direction (both literally and with the various schemes) the club is going under DC don't enthuse me to wanting to go either. I've made little attempt to hide that fact either. 

Sound. Congrats on the job too :carlos:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1