Fans forum match day thread

When all’s said and done, I do genuinely think Chansiri wants the best for the club. 

I think his own naivety however, has been his biggest downfall. He’s clearly been badly advised since he’s got here and now we’re paying the price for it. 

The insults are unnecessary, he doesn’t deserve that. He needs some proper footballing people around him that know the league, and know the club and get us back in the right direction over the next few seasons. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

When all’s said and done, I do genuinely think Chansiri wants the best for the club. 

I think his own naivety however, has been his biggest downfall. He’s clearly been badly advised since he’s got here and now we’re paying the price for it. 

The insults are unnecessary, he doesn’t deserve that. He needs some proper footballing people around him that know the league, and know the club and get us back in the right direction over the next few seasons. 

100% spot on.

I find him uncomfortably arrogant sometimes but I totally agree with that.

It takes balls to face that lot tonight.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Having been there tonight, I think this sums him up perfectly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

True he is out of his depth, sad for a man whose whole life before coming to Sheffield was fishing

4 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

The first objective is survival.

We need Jos out and Megson in, until the summer.

Brucie's unlikely to come now after tonight's expose.

Megson at least would want the job, and I don't see us being relegated with him in the dugout.

Then we can take stock in the summer.

If our managerial options were constrained before, then they're even more so now.

1 minute ago, OwlontheRock said:

He’s clearly been badly advised

Then more fool him. He’s an adult, a “businessman” who should be capable of considering advice and then make sensible decisions of his own. 

But was it his advisors who told him to hike prices, wee wee off the corporate customers, scrap the stripes, launch the 1867 Club and spend enough to put us in an embargo? 

8 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

BUT HE WON’T GET THEM. 

Sick of people saying he needs better advisers. We’ve been saying that for years, but DC doesn’t recognize that. At what point do we just accept he’s totally unfit to own our club?

Agree with more recent posts. Don't understand how anyone could argue against him trying and want the best. It's absolutely in his interest to succeed. 

Gets a hell of a lot of stick, but keeps doing these forums which takes a lot of gonads to do so, especially when things are bad, despite a lot of posters not liking his answers

Do feel he needs help, and must admit I'm worried on where we go from here. If financially we are stuck then it doesn't leave us much wriggle room. Surprised selling players wouldn't help FFP though? 

46 minutes ago, Kevan said:

If we on Owlstalk as a collective, can agree on a set of points to put to DC, maybe we should write a letter to him, which would at least make him aware that a decent number of people all consider that his decisions have been wrong, he doesn't appear to have a strategy and doesn't have a manager or any advisors who are capable of making the club successful.

Hopefully he might have cottoned on to this from the questions fans asked at the forum

Just now, smhouston said:

Agree with more recent posts. Don't understand how anyone could argue against him trying and want the best. It's absolutely in his interest to succeed. 

Gets a hell of a lot of stick, but keeps doing these forums which takes a lot of gonads to do so, especially when things are bad, despite a lot of posters not liking his answers

Do feel he needs help, and must admit I'm worried on where we go from here. If financially we are stuck then it doesn't leave us much wriggle room. Surprised selling players wouldn't help FFP though? 

Do anything ever come of these forums though? I don’t see much use in praising him for holding a forum if he is then going to tell us he’s not sacking Jos. Did he say anything tonight to breed optimism? The bloke doesn’t even have a 5 year plan for the club- we’re totally sleepwalking. 

1 minute ago, smhouston said:

He said selling out of contract players wouldn’t help this seasons  ffp but would impact next seasons