Fans forum match day thread

11 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Does it not concern you that we went into FFP in the first place though? To me it's gross mismanagement of the club. Threatening our chances to compete at the right end of the league for years. I think things like that rub fans up the wrong way. 

What would convince me that we do have a plan? It came from the horses mouth that we don't! It's bloody obvious that we don't. We didn't plan beyond 2 years at all. How the fizz can you and others either not see that or accept it? 

There are up to 12 other clubs currently being assisted by the EFL in relation to FFP.

There was a change in the implementation of the rules (confirmed tonight) that caught us and others by surprise by the looks and the lobby to increase the limit failed first time round in June.  He spoke the truth tonight when he said it is impossible to comply if chasing then failing to get promotion as things stand.  The 39m limit was set in 2014. Costs have  undoubtedly risen.

The plan for Year 3 was to continue again with Carlos and strengthen with both players who've been there and in key areas.  2 centre-halves, Boyd, Jones for Hutch on top of the team that finished 4th.  At least that's how he saw it and the majority at that point agreed.  FFP doesn't count if you go up anyway.

The 3 year plan is evidenced by Carlos' deal which is discussed in the article about Dan Petrescu taken from football leaks info.  3 years at 300k rising to 1m if promoted.

Edited by sonofbert2

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

So I'm the thicko yet you have positively identified that he is the cause and yet you think it's all fine and he's doing a good job. I won't resort to personal insults because youve just done it to yourself. 

I think if he stayed he'd work tirelessly to rectify the problem he made. And eventually he'd come to the right formula and we'd make it out of there.

4 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

so lets say he does manage to find a buyer - it would have to be someone very rich to match his value of the club. why would this new owner take us down to league 2 and potentially lose all that money?

im confused

He won't find a buyer. Who would pay his asking price for us?

We'll just slip into obscurity under him now with a guy who isn't interested anymore. Be the next Blackpool or maybe worse.

3 hours ago, chrisd0407 said:

Sure but hes not telling us anthing we don't already know & defends Jos. If he thinks what he has said todate to keep fans onside then he is deluded.

I don't think he's telling us the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Just my opinion Mr Cooke but feel free to neg. anyway...

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

One can presume he was willing to put time and effort in before today.

His time and effort successfully tripled our operating losses whilst leaving us the same position as when he took over... except with, even after the end of this season, double the overheads and a 50% increase to how much money fans had to pay. 

His time and effort was not and is not working. We're relying on hoping he'll get to grips with it... 3 years in charge and there's absolutely zero evidence to suggest he is or is even capable of doing so. 

I think eventually we'd have found the right formula and made it work. Manager/dof combination whatever it was. I don't think we'll find someone as enthusiastic as chansiri originally was to buy us, or anyone at all really if his asking price is real.

Now, I'd love for this to all be wrong, he sells us to someone who has chansiris capital but knows what they're doing from the get go but I just don't see it. 

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I think if he stayed he'd work tirelessly to rectify the problem he made. And eventually he'd come to the right formula and we'd make it out of there.

I don't. But I'm basing that on the fact I don't think he's learnt at all. I'll leave it at that. But would happily debate it in the future and would of course be happy to be proven wrong! 

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You sound as deluded as Chansiri.

He’s driven us off a cliff edge. We can’t sign anyone in January and have to sell whether DC is here or not

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I think eventually we'd have found the right formula and made it work. Manager/dof combination whatever it was. I don't think we'll find someone as enthusiastic as chansiri originally was to buy us, or anyone at all really if his asking price is real.

Now, I'd love for this to all be wrong, he sells us to someone who has chansiris capital but knows what they're doing from the get go but I just don't see it. 

Neither do I.

But I also don't see your hypothetical of him suddenly stumbling on the right formula. You even said so yourself he was saying things that he shouldn't be saying. He hasn't learnt a damned thing, and hoping that he turns it around is just as foolish as hoping we get a better chairman next time around. Even things as basic as selling a football player seem utterly beyond him. If it's true when he was asked what his five-year plan was and he responded with basically "I dunno"... I mean all evidence points to a bloke that hasn't a scooby-doo. 

50 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It’s escalated a bit at the end hasn’t it? Gone from being committed to selling up! 

Sounds like his emotions got the better of him, not sure I take it very seriously at this point.

He's let the cat out of the bag now though and will be questioned about it at any given opportunity from this point.

2 hours ago, BECKS-TO-BUD said:

Why the "disagree" mardy arse?

Pretty good question that.

He’ll not answer,  mardy arse.

Cant believe we had the question over the managers future repeated numerous times but not one person thought to ask how we’d cover operational losses through a drop in season tickets due to multis expiring and some not renewing 

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

He’ll not answer,  mardy arse.

Cant believe we had the question over the managers future repeated numerous times but not one person thought to ask how we’d cover operational losses through a drop in season tickets due to multis expiring and some not renewing 

It’s because these meetings are always a bit chaotic and not run via a proper chair.