Fans forum match day thread

23 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

When all’s said and done, I do genuinely think Chansiri wants the best for the club. 

I think his own naivety however, has been his biggest downfall. He’s clearly been badly advised since he’s got here and now we’re paying the price for it. 

The insults are unnecessary, he doesn’t deserve that. He needs some proper footballing people around him that know the league, and know the club and get us back in the right direction over the next few seasons. 

I just don’t  get the constant “he has been badly advised” mantra and the implication that it’s therefore not his fault that it’s gone bosoms up.

He should be able to tell good from bad advice, but that doesn’t matter really anyway as he has continually shown that he simply doesn’t take advice he doesn’t agree with.

“Proper football people” will go the same way as proper commercial people and be ignored if it doesn’t fit in with his ideas.

Is he a bad person? Not intrinsically. 

Is he narcissistic? I would say so but so what.

Does he do things detrimental to the club? Yes

Will he change? Nope. 

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Well if we werent before we are definitely going down now.

Well done most of you got what you wanted. Enjoy League One.

Yep, agree with this fella 

10 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Well, looks like a lot of you have got what you wanted.now up for sale with an owner who won't have the drive to help us this season, exactly what was needed when we are fighting for survival

Yeah cos the status quo is just sound...

11 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

This is football.  Everyone talks absoluteshit.  Do you honestly think that he would share detailed info re. players, contracts, agents, ins and outs and what they've agreed re. FFP etc at an open meeting?

So you think we have a secret plan then? The evidence of us having no plan beyond 2 years of poo or bust spending has convinced you that we know what we are doing? 

14 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Reading between the lines and taking some positives 

FFP is not quite as bad as feared yet and isn’t terminal for next season...if we can solve it and stay up.

The stuff on Jos was non committal, basically because we are looking for a replacement...and Bruce isn’t ready perhaps

The stuff about a lack of funds or wider financial issues are not true (as if it ever was) and that he won’t leave us high and dry. 

You got that from tonight?

wow.

8 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

No one wants that at all.

If anything we've been told you can stomp and shout as much as you want but you will still get this dire football because Jos ain't going anywhere.

We have to put up with what we have and hope this arrogant man can keep us up.

Really? Sounds to me like he has assesses other options but hasn't found a suitable replacement yet.

As for owner. Shudder to think who we may be sold too. If you think Chansiri is bad just you wait....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Yeah cos the status quo is just sound...

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

What if we get a better owner though?

And how do you expect it to be better? Squad desperately needs investment, something a new owner won't even be able to do

We can change manager (really think we should) but it's still a poor squad to work with

With 2 weeks until January transfer window we at least had a chance of DC deciding to chuck money at it,now we have absolutely no chance. This is the squad for the season, and tbh, it will send us down

Edited by smhouston

9 minutes ago, smhouston said:

And how do you expect it to be better? Squad desperately needs investment, something a new owner won't even be able to do

We can change manager (really think we should) but it's still a poor squad to work with

If Chansiri really wants to sell us then he’ll get more for a Second Division Wednesday than a Third Division one. That should concentrate his mind.

Any new owner will be in exactly the same position as Chansiri- albeit he’ll need to find some new blue seats for the North Stand.  If he does actually want shut of us - although why he didn’t say it at the start of the meeting I’m not sure - then long term we are better off with a new owner that actually wants to own Wednesday and not wee wee off at the first sign of bother. In his blood eh? 

And if we have a poor squad who’s allowed that to happen? 

Edited by rickygoo

7 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

So you think we have a secret plan then? The evidence of us having no plan beyond 2 years of poo or bust spending has convinced you that we know what we are doing? 

You said "secret plan" to try and detract from my opinion and make me sound a bit silly.

I said that, in fact I know that the club is engaged in financial planning with the EFL in relation to FFP, that to expect detailed, confidential information in a setting like tonight's in unrealistic and with regards to this post I think the original plan was 2 but more likely 3 years in line with the 150th Anniversary comments and decisions taken re. playing staff etc.

The more I look, think and hear, the more I feel his biggest mistake was not bringing in a good CEO independent or separate from the other advisors around him as there was a huge disconnect between CC's philosophy versus strengthening the squad.

Well, it was another night of fookwittery from DC. As expected, Jos isn't going anywhere, we're not selling  players or buying players in January. We can't spend anything etc. 

Oh, we're going to be relegated but DC doesn't know it yet. 

FFS