Fans forum match day thread

8 minutes ago, Kevan said:

If we on Owlstalk as a collective, can agree on a set of points to put to DC, maybe we should write a letter to him, which would at least make him aware that a decent number of people all consider that his decisions have been wrong, he doesn't appear to have a strategy and doesn't have a manager or any advisors who are capable of making the club successful.

Stop talking sense on here!!

23 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Simon has , he's his mate lol

He doesn’t have a phone anymore as he couldn’t afford one after being taken through the courts. Or a car, or a wife and kids for that matter. Not sure about him running our club, but I’d let him take over from Jos

• Haha 1

Just got home, got an important funeral tomorrow!

The main points for me were that if he ever walks away from us he wouldn’t ever call in his chips and leave us in the Shiite!

There are categorically no contractual reasons for Westwood, Hutch etc not to be playing.... Jos’s call entirely......... He made that perfectly clear.

The Abdi situation.... WTF!

Skipped through some of the agenda ridden posts on here ....... unbelievable!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Basically the Abdi jist was as follows. Carlos actually wanted to build a team around him. Abdi kept telling press he is fit but his own doctors told club he wasn't. We can't shift him because no one will take him on a free.

He was the only player he seemed happy to talk about until nearly putting his foot in it about Jordan Rhodes when he misinterpreted that Rhodes had said bad things about the club. 

He also said that he will talk about players when they have left. Ask me when they've left etc. 

The following seems likely;

There are divisions within our squad and problems with more than one player. 

Jos was chosen as boss to front up to those divisions. 

We will lose all out of contract players at end of season. But we will not be able to replace them due to FFP.

Jos is choosing youth now because we have to build their experience for next season as we have no budget and not picking others either because one of they are trouble, their contracts expiring or not fit.

DC was asked several times what the plan was to move forward. He said he didn't know it was too far away. I'm tired but I love the club. 

DC appeared to be very emotional on a couple of occasions, hinted at regret of buying the club when asked the mistakes he made.

DC will not sack Jos yet but didn't rule it out happening

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I mentioned this in a boardroom thread a while back but I have heard he is looking to sell the ground to an associate for a high price and rent it back at a low rate. Wonder if he’s waiting for that before doing anything? Could explain his riddling comments re ffp and doing his best to avoid sanctions:

There is stuff he isn't saying/can't say in relation to FFP - that is clear.

That is different to lying.

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Just got home, got an important funeral tomorrow!

The main points for me were that if he ever walks away from us he wouldn’t ever call in his chips and leave us in the Shiite!

There are categorically no contractual reasons for Westwood, Hutch etc not to be playing.... Jos’s call entirely......... He made that perfectly clear.

The Abdi situation.... WTF!

Skipped through some of the agenda ridden posts on here ....... unbelievable!

Just hoping that someone will put out a balanced summary tomorrow. I've been receiving texts all night and it doesn't seem as bad as what many on here will have you believe!

Not saying that it has to be you though lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Shirley? 

I'm calling DC a liar? I don't think he said anything which suggested that contractual issues prevented players from playing. Happy to be corrected.

Shirley?

Watch Airplane pal :biggrin:

You said it was "Pure fabrication"

• Like 1