“Two months ago, the fans and media were saying Jos was very good."

4 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

It doesn't matter if we do or not.

Football supporters moan. We call things as we seem them as best we see it. Right now the fans blame Chansiri for wasting huge sums of money and making a string of questionable business decisions, because he is directly responsible for those decisions. They blame Jos because of his bizarre team selections and questionable management of the football team, because he is directly responsible for those decisions.

We aren't directly responsible for anything that goes on at Hillsborough outside of choosing to pay to get in the ground or paying for merchandise. We aren't responsible for Jos still being here based on some arbitrary time in the past when we apparently all liked him. We're not responsible for wasting money on Jordan Rhodes, or anybody else the chairman signed because "we wanted it".

It should matter though, shouldn't it?  The players themselves have already talked about how difficult it can be to play at home, and that's directly related to our own blame culture.  You can't criticise with one hand and then ignore the impact of the very same thing happening on the other hand.

I'm not sure, in this instance, it's even fair to link the latest comments with any form of blame culture.  What we will happily pass off as our own plain speaking (or even our right) is criticised when it's directed at us.  That's disingenuous on our part.

Yet more drivel from the clown at the top, these statements are nonesence, the fans have never took to Jos, we have been patient however, but that has now run dry! This statement tells me one thing, Jos is going nowhere, he is attempting to soften the blow from what I can see. Just shows again the incompetence of this regime! 

45 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

For me the league position and 1 win in 10 are irrelevant for me.

The football on the pitch is awful.

We were lead to believe he was a manager that is supposed to be a defensive organiser but we are all over the place defensively and that with playing some of the most negative football I have ever seen.

People wouldn't be calling for his head if we played some decent attacking football, got battered some weeks and battered teams other weeks!

I bet there would be

It's a completely and utterly ridiculous statement to make. If I was good at my job for a few weeks and then poo for two months do you think they would remember the stellar two weeks when I did perform?

The reason we all want a new manager is purely because it's 1 win in 10 playing awful football and shipping the most goals in the league. People who he believed shouldn't be on the bench (Dave Jones anyone) suddenly appeared on the bench this weekend despite overlooking him and having Conor Kirby, Isaac Rice etc on the bench earlier in the season. Can Jones and co now suddenly play 25 games a season?. This goes against his apparent philosophy of blooding the young players as this wasn't the case this past weekend. 

He's confused, we are confused and nobody sees a clear, defined progressive plan of how we get out of this. Out of the three players he's signed, he's brought in two seem to be the scapegoats and the other is undroppable irrespective of how he performs.

I could go on and on but I'm not sure it's worth the effort. I'd love for him to turn it around as he seems like a genuinely nice bloke but his management style and tactics don't seem to be working.

The nearest I remember was a Star report that claimed Jos knows what he’s doing which was mainly a reference to blooding the youngsters, Dawson, Thornily , Baker  and Penney. Think this was when we hit 6th place.

I think anyone, fan or pundit, watching a team with a fragile defence and a run of one win in ten is absolutely right to change their mind. It’s dangerously worrying relegation form and has to be arrested quickly. 

I watched the Liverpool/Man United game on Sunday. Camera shots  of Sir Alex and Bobby Charlton deep in conversation with the Man U. bigwigs. They knew how to stop the type of decline where players just go through the motions and they acted.

1 hour ago, DeeJayOne said:

Choice quote from DC in his interview with Dom Howson:

“Two months ago, the fans and media were saying Jos was very good. Now we have gone down in the table, the fans are saying Jos is very bad and are asking why we haven’t changed [manager]."

Is this quote correct?

To my mind, I can't remember anyone ever saying Jos was "good" - fans or media. Mostly I recall the opposite. 

I do recall people saying to give him a chance though, so maybe that is being conflated? Has his chance since expired?

I said he was crap when he was appointed, after discussing him with many of my German mates. Got shot down on here... ah well.

To be fair I did not hear many people criticise him last season or close season .......but the true picture of whats been unfolding only started this season with the omissions  of regular first team players for no apparent reason , also you can tell from the players body language that they are not 100% in step with him . when that happens there is only one outcome ,

That reasonable run got me thinking that he might have finally got his act together...but I remember commenting on here (even during the ok run) about how we kept changing styles of play, formation etc.

The hope had to be he would finally settle on a formation, style and so on..

But it never happened and the eractic nature of his thinking has only got worse. 

Needless to say, I can't recall many exactly lavishing him with praise. There were one or two (who I won't name), but I think their over zealous support may have been in part down to their disdain for the previous incumbent. 

12 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Said exactly the same when Carlos was in charge to be fair

"I do not feel good when I see some fans talk very bad about Carlos. In his first season, he was treated with full respect and many people were scared I would sack him, or were scared he would leave, they asked me to please let him stay, please keep him, he is the best we have ever had. But today some people want to drive him out of our club, they cross the line with some abusive things they say. Now he is a very bad coach all of a sudden – maybe some people have short memories."

Worth noting that the day he said that, Carlos departed.

Whey hey, Mr C is bringing back public hanging. He’s going to put Jos out to dry tonight and then by satellite, reveal a smiling Steve Bruce, in his Speedos, sat on his sun longer, on the beach.

He’ll wave and then say “I’m looking forward to managing Sheffield, I’ve always had a soft spot for Sheffield, ever since my Mum bought some cutlery from Richardson’s”

Mr C will then say he’s bringing in Bruce in response to pleas from his Wednesday family, after acknowledging Ian Holloway was first choice but way more expensive.

We were briefly 6th by virtue of winning 5 games out of our first 12. Not bad but not spectacular.  Nobody was particular hailing Jos as a hero, especially as those wins were mostly narrowly scraped against the worst teams in the league and a couple of out of form midtable sides.

We've now 18th having won 6 of 22. Which include all of the current bottom 4. We're playing dreadful turgid football and we're paying the highest prices in the league for this, have one of the highest wage bills, but are expected to accept that being briefly 6th is acknowledgment that our coach is doing a reasonable job? 

We’ve never looked like a top 6 side from the minute we kicked off the season. Apart from a couple of world class strikes from Reach it has been utterly dire

Cannot see any improvement in January without some wholesale changes and suddenly the injured and frozen out players miraculously appearing

Let’s see what the plan B is tonight

"Jos is cleaning up Carlos mess"

"Tightening up the defense"

"Making them more organised"

There was a large minority on here in support of Jos a few months back. Though the majority wasn't convinced. 

I made a comment over the summer that I wasn't convinced in Jos and got slated for it.

This isn't a pro Chansiri post to be clear, as this whole "the fans told me" crap is so ridiculously amateurish. It's like a couple of fans say something to him and he takes it as representative of everyone. 

1 hour ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

We were, when we got into the play off spots two international breaks ago the whole of owlstalk thought he was a genius. He'd brought kids through, stopped playing the deadwood and got us so great results without spending a penny. We'd recently got Hector in and he was looking like the missing piece of the defence we'd been looking for for over a decade.

Then we got 1 win and 7 defeats in 10 and now he looks terrible, he's even stopped picking the kids for the bench

It's all about wins. If we win some games people will start to give him some slack, lose more games and he'll be hated.

Football fans are bipolar so it's very exaggerated but it's a results business in the end

The problem is the wheels have fallen off and everyone can see he doesn't know how to put them back on.The only option for me is to move him on before its too late but we know know after DC,s latest comments nothings going to change.You've got players who know they are going at the end of the season or are going to be sold to balance the books Professionals or not its hardly going to make them run through brick walks for us.You can kiss the badge as much as you want unless the club is in your blood it will still always be just another job and for some of the players its like telling them they're been made redundant months before its due to happen.