“Two months ago, the fans and media were saying Jos was very good."

Choice quote from DC in his interview with Dom Howson:

“Two months ago, the fans and media were saying Jos was very good. Now we have gone down in the table, the fans are saying Jos is very bad and are asking why we haven’t changed [manager]."

Is this quote correct?

To my mind, I can't remember anyone ever saying Jos was "good" - fans or media. Mostly I recall the opposite. 

I do recall people saying to give him a chance though, so maybe that is being conflated? Has his chance since expired?

2 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

“Two months ago, the fans and media were saying Jos was very good. Now we have gone down in the table, the fans are saying Jos is very bad and are asking why we haven’t changed [manager]."

Is this quote correct?

To my mind, I can't remember anyone ever saying Jos was "good" - fans or media. Mostly I recall the opposite. 

I do recall people saying to give him a chance though, so maybe that is being conflated? Has his chance since expired?

Fixture list and a couple of dodgy opponents got us to 6th place with a mid table side. He was seen to be doing an OK job by some in difficult circumstances.

The problem is that he hasn't the league experience or temperament to deal with the current circumstances,

Just now, Peacenocchio said:

Fixture list and a couple of dodgy opponents got us to 6th place with a mid table side. He was seen to be doing an OK job by some in difficult circumstances.

The problem is that he hasn't the league experience or temperament to deal with the current circumstances,

There was definitely that short good run of results - but I never heard anyone attribute it to Jos or say he was "good". Even during that time fans were criticising a lot of the selections and style of play from what I recall.

Performance wise I think anyone could see we were in a false position. We have had about two or three decent performances this season. Not sure I heard anyone waxing lyrical about Jos though.

It's completely false

He's just taking advantage of the fact we were 6th at one point this season (which means next to nothing) and assuming no one will question him when saying that supporters were praising Jos because of it

Basically saying "Well no one was complaining when we were good, everyone loved Jos. Now we're bad everyone's changed their minds"

Edited by EcclesallOwl
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Is this quote correct?

We were, when we got into the play off spots two international breaks ago the whole of owlstalk thought he was a genius. He'd brought kids through, stopped playing the deadwood and got us so great results without spending a penny. We'd recently got Hector in and he was looking like the missing piece of the defence we'd been looking for for over a decade.

Then we got 1 win and 7 defeats in 10 and now he looks terrible, he's even stopped picking the kids for the bench

It's all about wins. If we win some games people will start to give him some slack, lose more games and he'll be hated.

Football fans are bipolar so it's very exaggerated but it's a results business in the end

Just now, DeeJayOne said:

There was definitely that short good run of results - but I never heard anyone attribute it to Jos or say he was "good". Even during that time fans were criticising a lot of the selections and style of play from what I recall.

I can only say that the pre game pub conversations and talk in the ground I heard were generally hes not doing bad. At that time.

What was happening on here I dont really know, there are lots of agendas.

1 minute ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

We were, when we got into the play off spots two international breaks ago the whole of owlstalk thought he was a genius. He'd brought kids through, stopped playing the deadwood and got us so great results without spending a penny. We'd recently got Hector in and he was looking like the missing piece of the defence we'd been looking for for over a decade.

Then we got 1 win and 7 defeats in 10 and now he looks terrible, he's even stopped picking the kids for the bench

It's all about wins. If we win some games people will start to give him some slack, lose more games and he'll be hated.

Football fans are bipolar so it's very exaggerated but it's a results business in the end

Interesting.

Definitely agree with the "Football fans are very binary and it is very exaggerated" (changed from bipolar so as not to insult/offend).

4 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

It's completely false

He's just taking advantage of the fact we were 6th at one point this season (which means next to nothing) and assuming no one will question him when saying that supporters were praising Jos because of it

Basically saying "Well no one was complaining when we were good, everyone loved Jos. Now we're bad everyone's changed their minds"

Exactly and the killer point is we didn’t play well to get to 6th. A lot of the table was separated by about 2 points at that time. So if we get relegated, will Chansiri say “well you lot weren’t complaining in early September..” no Chansiri, we weren’t 

Edited by Owls-Fan

For me the league position and 1 win in 10 are irrelevant for me.

The football on the pitch is awful.

We were lead to believe he was a manager that is supposed to be a defensive organiser but we are all over the place defensively and that with playing some of the most negative football I have ever seen.

People wouldn't be calling for his head if we played some decent attacking football, got battered some weeks and battered teams other weeks!