“Two months ago, the fans and media were saying Jos was very good."

Some may have been pleasantly surprised with where we were two months ago, but that was two months ago. We all know football seasons aren’t like the Blades’ where teams are promoted at Christmas. It’s a marathon, not a sprint and Jos shows no signs of getting us maintaining any kind of form over a sustained period, and this is worrying. Bewildering why Chansiri can’t see it. Bewildering.

2 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Choice quote from DC in his interview with Dom Howson:

“Two months ago, the fans and media were saying Jos was very good. Now we have gone down in the table, the fans are saying Jos is very bad and are asking why we haven’t changed [manager]."

Is this quote correct?

To my mind, I can't remember anyone ever saying Jos was "good" - fans or media. Mostly I recall the opposite. 

I do recall people saying to give him a chance though, so maybe that is being conflated? Has his chance since expired?

For the first time, with Jos, I’ve been reluctant to call for a manager to go.

For various reasons;

Never been sure how much autonomy the Manager has as to who he plays - or, can’t play.

Never been sure if the Manager is just a shield for the Chairman’s ineptitude.

Never been sure, with the current status of the Club, whether a new Manager would change anything. - the problems are much deeper.

And, with the current Chairman I couldn’t guarantee he wouldn’t employ somebody worse (incredible that,  isn’t it?).

And, obviously he did have some early season success - the performance away against Villa, was superb.

So no, I can’t disagree with the Chairman - 2 months ago I wasn’t calling for the Manager to go.

But, in these last ten games he hasn’t helped himself. He’s hard to defend.

Still ambivalent though - the current manager won’t lead us to ruin, just Division 1.

Edited by ReadingOwl

I was one of those who spent much of last season and the start of this one defending Luhukay on here.

I felt that he was doing a decent job in very challenging circumstances and in the context of what I was expecting, the results bore that out. After the mess Carvalhal left him to clear up, I wasn't expecting miracles, and whilst we certainly didn't get them, I thought he was getting decent results from our lop-sided and injury-ravaged squad.

However, our dreadful form since the first international break and his apparent lack of ability to arrest our slide down the table means that there's little left to defend at this point. He may suddenly hit upon a way to turn our season around, but it looks highly unlikely and I'd rather not allow the very real possibility of relegation to develop any further when there are experienced Championship managers available who would surely represent a safer bet, all things considered.

Football fans often get accused of being fickle, and we are. But to suggest that continuing to back Luhukay is somehow a more virtuous path simply because we used to back him is misguided in the extreme. I backed him up until a few months ago because, on balance, the evidence suggested he was doing a decent job; I don't back him any longer because, on balance, the evidence suggests he's now doing a dreadful job.

If you stick to a previously-held opinion regardless of all the available evidence, it's not virtuous; it's bloody stupid.

4 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Choice quote from DC in his interview with Dom Howson:

“Two months ago, the fans and media were saying Jos was very good. Now we have gone down in the table, the fans are saying Jos is very bad and are asking why we haven’t changed [manager]."

Is this quote correct?

To my mind, I can't remember anyone ever saying Jos was "good" - fans or media. Mostly I recall the opposite. 

I do recall people saying to give him a chance though, so maybe that is being conflated? Has his chance since expired?

Bullshit

5 hours ago, Baldrick said:

We’ve never looked like a top 6 side from the minute we kicked off the season. Apart from a couple of world class strikes from Reach it has been utterly dire

Cannot see any improvement in January without some wholesale changes and suddenly the injured and frozen out players miraculously appearing

Let’s see what the plan B is tonight

Or since Rhodes bottled that playoff penalty. Two years of rubbish