“Two months ago, the fans and media were saying Jos was very good."

3 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

We were, when we got into the play off spots two international breaks ago the whole of owlstalk thought he was a genius. He'd brought kids through, stopped playing the deadwood and got us so great results without spending a penny. We'd recently got Hector in and he was looking like the missing piece of the defence we'd been looking for for over a decade.

Then we got 1 win and 7 defeats in 10 and now he looks terrible, he's even stopped picking the kids for the bench

It's all about wins. If we win some games people will start to give him some slack, lose more games and he'll be hated.

Football fans are bipolar so it's very exaggerated but it's a results business in the end

Rubbish! 

Sone fans maybe. But certainly not all. We’d been fortunate and scraped some 1 goal wins, which were dodgy to say the least. But it was evident even then that we looked a mess and that Jos had no idea re formations and team selections 

Actually DC, a percentage of us thought he did acceptably well with an absolutely threadbare squad and very low expectations. Since his pool of available players has grown somewhat again, it’s got progressively weirder and the team looks less coherent/motivated than it did when we were patching it together and scrapping like dogs for every point. So yeah, at one point early on we thought he was doing ok. Now we do not. It’s not a mystery.

Two months ago it appeared we at least had enough about us to avoid relegation, but once a manager loses the training pitch (as Jos alludes to in his most recent presser), it's time to call for curtains.

I believed (and still do) that Jos is no mug, even with some of the wacky lineups, but there comes a point (one year into the job), where it's virtually impossible to defend the constant chopping and changing. Surely he's had enough time to experiment and figure out his best side (from the pool of players at his disposal).

Our chairman is dillusional. I don't recall hearing anybody say Jos was good. The team have been practically awful all season. Negative, dour football combined with chopping and changing personnel and formations every match. Very few open play clear cut goal scoring chances created. We haven't won a game by more than one goal all season. In 6th place we were in a false position and most fans said that at the time. DC needs to take a reality check.

Edited by Mountain Owl

Chansiri is very good at using the fans and the media to justify his behaviour when something hasn't gone quite right.

Saying the fans and media liked Jos two months ago (which I'd argue the accuracy of, but whatever), in order to justify not firing him now, comes from the same place as saying he only spent £8m and £40k per week on Jordan Rhodes because the fans wanted it - after it clearly hadn't worked out.

I'm not necessarily comparing the two, but it's the type of blame culture, whatabouterry and "Divide and Conquer" stuff we used to hear from Dave Allen.

Strap yourselves in for more of that at tonight's forum, folks. If Chansiri is accused of doing something wrong, you better believe it'll be your fault and mine.

• Like 1

Performances weren't great even when we went on a winning run, tactics weren't great, we lacked play style and link up in attack in particular and have all season (hallmarks of a quality manager IMO). Ironically some of our play against Swansea showed signs of improved teamwork and attacking understanding.

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

I'm not necessarily comparing the two, but it's the type of blame culture, whatabouterry and "Divide and Conquer" stuff we used to hear from Dave Allen.

Because we, as fans, don't exhibit a blame culture?

40 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Choice quote from DC in his interview with Dom Howson:

“Two months ago, the fans and media were saying Jos was very good. Now we have gone down in the table, the fans are saying Jos is very bad and are asking why we haven’t changed [manager]."

Is this quote correct?

To my mind, I can't remember anyone ever saying Jos was "good" - fans or media. Mostly I recall the opposite. 

I do recall people saying to give him a chance though, so maybe that is being conflated? Has his chance since expired?

I , like a lot of others said he had an ok finish to the season.

1 minute ago, oz_owl said:

Because we, as fans, don't exhibit a blame culture?

It doesn't matter if we do or not.

Football supporters moan. We call things as we seem them as best we see it. Right now the fans blame Chansiri for wasting huge sums of money and making a string of questionable business decisions, because he is directly responsible for those decisions. They blame Jos because of his bizarre team selections and questionable management of the football team, because he is directly responsible for those decisions.

We aren't directly responsible for anything that goes on at Hillsborough outside of choosing to pay to get in the ground or paying for merchandise. We aren't responsible for Jos still being here based on some arbitrary time in the past when we apparently all liked him. We're not responsible for wasting money on Jordan Rhodes, or anybody else the chairman signed because "we wanted it".

• Like 1

Said exactly the same when Carlos was in charge to be fair

"I do not feel good when I see some fans talk very bad about Carlos. In his first season, he was treated with full respect and many people were scared I would sack him, or were scared he would leave, they asked me to please let him stay, please keep him, he is the best we have ever had. But today some people want to drive him out of our club, they cross the line with some abusive things they say. Now he is a very bad coach all of a sudden – maybe some people have short memories."

Worth noting that the day he said that, Carlos departed.

46 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Choice quote from DC in his interview with Dom Howson:

“Two months ago, the fans and media were saying Jos was very good. Now we have gone down in the table, the fans are saying Jos is very bad and are asking why we haven’t changed [manager]."

Is this quote correct?

To my mind, I can't remember anyone ever saying Jos was "good" - fans or media. Mostly I recall the opposite. 

I do recall people saying to give him a chance though, so maybe that is being conflated? Has his chance since expired?

I always said give him until October to see how he got on. He's failed miserably, alienated fans with bizarre team/player selections and the chairman continues to back him. The football this season is up there with the Irvine days and I never thought I'd see the like again. DC is a stubborn, big headed, egotistical maniac who won't admit his pick for manager didn't work. If Jos is here until the end of the season I reckon we'll be relegated

Not at all.

I kept posting get to 50 points asap because our performances were woeful and that’s when we were 6th.

Usual lot disagreed. Now our performances are reaping the deserved point tally. Hopefully we can improve performances and points will come too.

Still all about survival this season for me and very little will change that opinion.