2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Splashed 60million at villa to add to Premier league quality that was already there and failed to get promoted ahead of a cheap Cardiff and Fulham with far less to spend. 

What do you think he'll manage here with no cash and unable to bring in his own players??? 

He would easy achieve mid-table. When considering the direction Jos is taking us in I'd take that

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

He was only there for a few months.

He would be a great appointment, people are crackers if they think we can get better. 

Only thing I've got against him is that he tends to call us Sheffield instead of Wednesday. 

Jos did the same but soon learned.

What gives me some heart is that DC is actually having dialogue with someone of Bruce's profile.

Maybe the penny is starting to drop...

8 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yes 4 promotions from the championship, playoff final with Villa last season. Previously linked to jobs at Man Utd, Newcastle and England in his time. 

What’s he done this week? Waste of space 

Unreal some folk aren’t they? They can only remember last week!! 

• Like 1

I think we need to bring someone else in and stick with them.

We might have to start again and build a squad over a few years.

Smart signings, not throwing money about.

I don't think Jos is the man to stick with.

But Bruce, I like him. I don't think you can judge him on villa when he's done decent jobs before. Think he's got it right more often than not. 

He knows the league and what it takes for promotion. Got a lot of contacts and obviously knows all about defending, which might come in handy lol

But he'll need time. And I'll be much happier giving it him than Jos.

4 minutes ago, Suffolk.Owl said:

if it has to be Bruce please only till the end of the season to get us out of this mess. Then hopefully we can plan longer term with a young manger with some passion and something to prove.

Yes, if it has to be him, a six month salvage contract, perhaps with a bonus relating to final placing He might not fancy that, but him given a three year contract working under DC’s regime, doesn’t appeal to me either

5 hours ago, smhouston said:

No thanks. Highly over rated

Well who else would you suggest? 

Bruce has a track record of success at this level whichever way you look at it and it’s what we desperately need. 

Name me a manger/alchemist who is available that doesn’t needs funds and can get clubs promoted? 

Answer: there isn’t one...beggars can’t be choosers

I'm not sure Bruce would be my first choice, but in fairness i'm staggered he's even been been approached given our track record.

If he agrees to take over we've got very lucky indeed. He's a proven winner at this level amd more importantly an infinitely better option than the current manager. May not be the most forward thinking of managers but the fact he knows how to win games of football, get a system together, can man manage as well as anyone and will give players simple instructions.

16 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Well who else would you suggest? 

Bruce has a track record of success at this level whichever way you look at it and it’s what we desperately need. 

Name me a manger/alchemist who is available that doesn’t needs funds and can get clubs promoted? 

Answer: there isn’t one...beggars can’t be choosers

He's had 4 promotions and was close to a 5th with Villa.

Had a bad start and resigned exactly 2 months into the season.

Considering the state we are in I think we'd be lucky to get him.

Wouldn't say he was overrated at all.

7 hours ago, fpowl said:

What we need is an interim manager for the rest of this season and next season with the brief see over the transition of this squad with the players we have going out the youth and remaining players working with little or no budget and try and finish as high in the table as possible 

massively reducing the wage bill, playing with fight and passion, survival is a must 

improve playing squad and saleable assists through training and development 

And Chansiri still wants the fans to pay top dollar for this?

Just now, CrosbyKitchens said:

I don't really get this attitude.

Look what Colin could have done with this squad.

Wilder would do a poo load better with this team as well.

Agree, as long as its in our best interest why remenice.

1 hour ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Jos did the same but soon learned.

What gives me some heart is that DC is actually having dialogue with someone of Bruce's profile.

Maybe the penny is starting to drop...

Spoke to AVB last time but we still appointed Jos. Then Penney was dropped.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1