Guest everydays_wednesday
4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

At my age, im lucky if i can remember yesterday .

Have I had my tea yet...?

Guest everydays_wednesday
2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Spoke to AVB last time but we still appointed Jos. Then Penney was dropped.

Think it must have been too much ABV not AVB.....!

9 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Not for me. Hope Reading get him.

Win ratio 38.5%

Jos  -  40.46%

Carlos  -  41.00

Fulham guy my number one choice or Meggo.

Personally think Chansiri will play stubborn and keep him. Gonna be one helluva night at the Open Meeting.

Bruce averages 1.73 points per game in this division, compared to 1.58 for Carvalhal and 1.25 for Luhukay.

'Fulham guy' averages 1.74.

Jos is bereft of ideas.  A change is definitely needed.  I still believe that this group of players are talented enough to do better than they are doing right now.  

A short term fix to get the ship steadied and solidify a place in this division next season should be priority 1.  Jos seems to be the most non-motivating character I have ever laid eyes on.  

Whoever comes in has to be given ONE objective - Safety from the drop of doom...

Chansiri needs to, then, stop interfering with the on field product (which I truly believe he is currently doing).   Bring in talented, experienced leaders in the front office AND on the bench - these leaders need to be given "final say" and Chansiri has to trust that they can do the job without being micromanaged to death...

I honesty don't think we are asking for a change for change sake - we are asking for Chansiri to bring in a "get things done" manager who will get stuck in ... make the tough decisions and lastly MOTIVATE this talented group of players who seem to be absolutely disheartened with the current state of affairs.....

32 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Win ratio 38.5%

Jos  -  40.46%

Carlos  -  41.00

Personally think Chansiri will play stubborn and keep him. Gonna be one helluva night at the Open Meeting.

A lot of the defeats will have been from managing Birmingham, Wigan and Hull in Premier league, far better record at this level, that includes a season with pigs where he had little money to spend and still finished just outside play offs. 

On 09/12/2018 at 20:33, Buckwheat said:

Win ratio 38.5%

Jos  -  40.46%

Carlos  -  41.00

Jos  -  40.46%.  Where's that come from?

I make it played 41 league games, won 13, lost 16, drawn 12 -  a win ration of 31.7%

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:53, Beholder said:

One massive factor in that was losing Keiran Lee. 

Not sure about that. Lee played over 30 games and it was in the second half of the season when he got injured, then rushed back too quickly....and we know the rest.

CC decided we'd play the boring defend at all costs football almost from the start of the season (with the odd exception), which is why he was getting stick despite the results.   

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 16:19, shezzas left peg said:

It's a no from me everyone we get another Bruce thread, he's been tainted by the red half he's been a blunt, so it's a no from me

Lord give me strength. This small minded attitude of some fans is one reason why we don't progress.

Those of us who are old enough will remember big Jack. Firstly, he was a Leeds legend so would have been pilloried from day one on  here. Secondly, he had the audacity to appoint John Harris as his number 2. JH had been manager at S2 and built what was probably their best post war team.....imagine the reaction to that on here.

I also wonder what would happen if Maguire wanted a move to the club he supported as a lad. There's be some saying 'I don't care that he plays for England, he's played for United and shouldn't be allowed to play for us' 

On 09/12/2018 at 12:34, Hillsborough Mole said:

If Pep Guardiola was linked with a move to Hillsboro there would be some Wednesday fans saying he's not good enough and we could do better.

"He doesn't know the Championship", "Can he do it without a huge budget"

:biggrin:

i've got another reason  he would only resign  after 2 days of watching our players' inability to pass to a colleague 

2 hours ago, Bramhall Owl said:

Lord give me strength. This small minded attitude of some fans is one reason why we don't progress.

Those of us who are old enough will remember big Jack. Firstly, he was a Leeds legend so would have been pilloried from day one on  here. Secondly, he had the audacity to appoint John Harris as his number 2. JH had been manager at S2 and built what was probably their best post war team.....imagine the reaction to that on here.

I also wonder what would happen if Maguire wanted a move to the club he supported as a lad. There's be some saying 'I don't care that he plays for England, he's played for United and shouldn't be allowed to play for us' 

But that was in the day when we didn't start crying whenever united were above us

2 hours ago, Bramhall Owl said:

it's one of two things in my opinion that hold sheffield wednesday down, the other being the 'insistence' amongst 'some fans' that winning alone is not enough. it must be done by playing in this, that, or the other way.

it's all balex, and needs ignoring by dc, to move this club forward by using every asset it can. 

Edited by dnhc
i