3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

It's a no from me everyone we get another Bruce thread, he's been tainted by the red half he's been a blunt, so it's a no from me. 

He was only there for a few months.

He would be a great appointment, people are crackers if they think we can get better. 

Only thing I've got against him is that he tends to call us Sheffield instead of Wednesday. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

He was only there for a few months.

He would be a great appointment, people are crackers if they think we can get better. 

Only thing I've got against him is that he tends to call us Sheffield instead of Wednesday. 

Splashed 60million at villa to add to Premier league quality that was already there and failed to get promoted ahead of a cheap Cardiff and Fulham with far less to spend. 

What do you think he'll manage here with no cash and unable to bring in his own players??? 

3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Splashed 60million at villa to add to Premier league quality that was already there and failed to get promoted ahead of a cheap Cardiff and Fulham with far less to spend. 

What do you think he'll manage here with no cash and unable to bring in his own players??? 

A big fat zero, and unlike poor old Jos, he’ll be bleating about it all the time Overrated

I am pro Jos, I think he's set the wheels in motion for a better future.

But.

If Bruce was to come, maybe we'll see abit more togetherness. Everyone on the same page.

While I think it's absolutely pointless George Boyd at 33 year old with 6 months left on his deal, being a part of the first team. Bruce would give him the opportunity, to leave with his head held high. Same with all the others, Jones, Hutchinson, Westwood, Abdi, Pudil, Palmer, Hooper, Lee, Matias etc...all out of contract

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-josh-onomah-reveals-his-admiration-for-aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-1-9359490

Josh Onomah would be over the moon!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

A big fat zero, and unlike poor old Jos, he’ll be bleating about it all the time Overrated

Who would you go for pal ?  

57 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

So when Leicester won the league, should every other manager been sacked as they weren’t good enough after they spent  millions? 

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Out of those previously mentioned, Jokanovic, by some margin

He’s the best manager amongst those mentioned,  just don’t think he would entertain it 

Just now, Royal_D said:

He’s the best manager amongst those mentioned,  just don’t think he would entertain it 

If we’ve sounded him out, and he’s indicated he’s not interested, then fair enough He is a more appropriate choice to carry on DC’s project 

Would really pee me off if we go for Bruce, and Reading get Jokanovic

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

No, me neither.

Anyway, we're in a dogfight now.

It's not champagne football, but rather the brown-ale variety which is needed.

And you don't get much more brown ale than Brucie.

BRUCIE.PNG

Just now, gurujuan said:

If we’ve sounded him out, and he’s indicated he’s not interested, then fair enough He is a more appropriate choice to carry on DC’s project 

Would really pee me off if we go for Bruce, and Reading get Jokanovic

I'm sure that someone posted yesterday that Reading have cartloads to spend.

If that be true, then we've no chance of Joko.

And he's always been associated with clubs in the London area, whereas Brucellosis is a Northerner.

Veella is the furthest south he's ever managed, isn't it?

5 hours ago, wilyfox said:

A game of opinions. Would Bruce be my ideal choice? No. Would I prefer Jokanovic? Yes, if we had a team that could already defend - which we don't. If we had FF, Lee, and Hooper fit, Jokanovic would be the way to go. Making do with what we have available...possibly not. Just my opinion. Both managers would go where the money is, so not convinced we could get either. 

A lot of our defensive problems come from not being able to keep the ball for long enough periods - which we used to be able to do.

We've still got some really good players here but sitting back and waiting to counter attack doesn't suit them.

We need someone in who's going to encourage the players to be ambitious and take chances when attacking.

Having the likes of Forestieri, Hooper, Lee (and Winnall) available would make it an exciting proposition for any manager.

I actually like Bruce but he seems to have stalled recently and we need someone positive at this moment in time.

Chansiri's definitely got his work cut out.

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

I'm sure that someone posted yesterday that Reading have cartloads to spend.

If that be true, then we've no chance of Joko.

And he's always been associated with clubs in the London area, whereas Brucellosis is a Northerner.

Veella is the furthest south he's ever managed, isn't it?

I’m sure that’s not right about Reading’s finances, but who knows 

5 hours ago, fpowl said:

What we need is an interim manager for the rest of this season and next season with the brief see over the transition of this squad with the players we have going out the youth and remaining players working with little or no budget and try and finish as high in the table as possible 

massively reducing the wage bill, playing with fight and passion, survival is a must 

improve playing squad and saleable assists through training and development 

lacklustre performances and relegation is a sackable performance, quaterly reviews on the post a bonus for keeping us up each year and an 18 month contract 

then coming out of the 18 month we should be in a position to start signing again. Then we can look at a different type of manager who can rebuild and challenge for performance

I don’t think the same person will be able to do both jobs

what we are looking for in theory is a hand full of mangers to see us through the next 3-5 years for example and  know there not available and wouldn’t be popular but 

Mick McCarthy/ Stuart Gray type  consolidate and survive 

Colin - rebuild and challenge for promotion/ get promotion 

New - then we have a new mananger for the survival of the premier league or to finish the job 

all different types of managers all with different budgets and focus let’s have a phased planned approach for change 

That is what Jos is here for. He keeps dropping the hints but many can't see it.

We need to stop living in the past.

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m sure that’s not right about Reading’s finances, but who knows 

As we were when Carlos came in, with lots to spend, then I think Joko would have been an ideal choice.

Indeed, if we hadn't sold two defenders and had a midfield enforcer, then even as we are I think he'd be a good choice because he'd unleash our attacking potential.

I've no doubt he bring Hutch back, but can he play the rest of the season?

I'm not sure he's the type of manager we need to cheat the drop.

I much prefer his brand of football to Brucie's, but the latter would play that turgid, stifling style which grinds out results.

Whatever happens, we can't afford to go down.