7 hours ago, Bramhall Owl said:

Lord give me strength. This small minded attitude of some fans is one reason why we don't progress.

Those of us who are old enough will remember big Jack. Firstly, he was a Leeds legend so would have been pilloried from day one on  here. Secondly, he had the audacity to appoint John Harris as his number 2. JH had been manager at S2 and built what was probably their best post war team.....imagine the reaction to that on here.

I also wonder what would happen if Maguire wanted a move to the club he supported as a lad. There's be some saying 'I don't care that he plays for England, he's played for United and shouldn't be allowed to play for us' 

No need to get all uppity bud, it was meant to be tongue in cheek ffs. 

Having said that though I'm not keen on Bruce and don't think he's up to the mess we're in. Apart from when he fist started out in managing he's alwady come in spent cash and bought himself a team he wanted, obviously he wouldn't be able to do that here, so I think he'd struggle with us in our current predicament. 

Also until he retired he always had his former boss fergie to sell him or loan him man utd cast off's or prospects. 

Im just not a fan and think he's a bit overrated especially after doing a Newcastle when he took over Aston villa spending £60 million ish, but unlike rafa failed to get them back up and if reports are correct has left villa staring into a similar FFP mess that were now in. 

In short as I've said before it's a no from me. 

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

No need to get all uppity bud, it was meant to be tongue in cheek ffs. 

Having said that though I'm not keen on Bruce and don't think he's up to the mess we're in. Apart from when he fist started out in managing he's alwady come in spent cash and bought himself a team he wanted, obviously he wouldn't be able to do that here, so I think he'd struggle with us in our current predicament. 

Also until he retired he always had his former boss fergie to sell him or loan him man utd cast off's or prospects. 

Im just not a fan and think he's a bit overrated especially after doing a Newcastle when he took over Aston villa spending £60 million ish, but unlike rafa failed to get them back up and if reports are correct has left villa staring into a similar FFP mess that were now in. 

In short as I've said before it's a no from me. 

Ah sorry, didn't realise you were joking although there are some on here who will agree with what you said

For what it's worth, I'm not a huge fan either as he tends to go to a club, turn them round in the short term but after 12 months, things deteriorate. Having said that, I'm not sure who would be better......certainly in the short term.

23 minutes ago, Bramhall Owl said:

Ah sorry, didn't realise you were joking although there are some on here who will agree with what you said

For what it's worth, I'm not a huge fan either as he tends to go to a club, turn them round in the short term but after 12 months, things deteriorate. Having said that, I'm not sure who would be better......certainly in the short term.

Its OK bud, I've mentioned my thoughts on him quite a few times, seems some think he'd be good becouse his team beat us in the playoff final. 

I agree in part that he's been very successful and done well in the past, but relied heavily on financial backing and your point of not been good over a sustained period. 

I know the fanbase is a bit split on Holloway, but right now he'd be my first choice if I was our chairman. 

He's an upbeat character. 

Utterly Enthusiastic about football. 

Seems a good motivator. 

All things our squad looks like it needs at the moment. 

He's also had promotions on his CV. 

Knows how to wheel and deal in the transfer market. 

Is very good at utilising what's at his disposal. 

These things are for me something we could really do with as a club. 

10 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Its OK bud, I've mentioned my thoughts on him quite a few times, seems some think he'd be good becouse his team beat us in the playoff final. 

I agree in part that he's been very successful and done well in the past, but relied heavily on financial backing and your point of not been good over a sustained period. 

I know the fanbase is a bit split on Holloway, but right now he'd be my first choice if I was our chairman. 

He's an upbeat character. 

Utterly Enthusiastic about football. 

Seems a good motivator. 

All things our squad looks like it needs at the moment. 

He's also had promotions on his CV. 

Knows how to wheel and deal in the transfer market. 

Is very good at utilising what's at his disposal. 

These things are for me something we could really do with as a club. 

I'm not convinced about Holloway, yes he has some promotions (most notably Blackpool) and his teams play good football but on the flip side, he somehow managed to take a half decent Leicester side down to League 1. But he does tick lots of boxes as you've highlighted.

My choice would be Pardew (which puts me in a small minority), I know he's a bit of a nutter but he has a decent track record and he's a bit of a nasty barsteward which is what we need.

4 minutes ago, Bramhall Owl said:

I'm not convinced about Holloway, yes he has some promotions (most notably Blackpool) and his teams play good football but on the flip side, he somehow managed to take a half decent Leicester side down to League 1. But he does tick lots of boxes as you've highlighted.

My choice would be Pardew (which puts me in a small minority), I know he's a bit of a nutter but he has a decent track record and he's a bit of a nasty barsteward which is what we need.

I'm not too sure on pardew but as you say probably ticks most of the boxes, that said, I'd take both over Bruce any day of the week bud. lol

Edited by shezzas left peg