What we need is an interim manager for the rest of this season and next season with the brief see over the transition of this squad with the players we have going out the youth and remaining players working with little or no budget and try and finish as high in the table as possible 

massively reducing the wage bill, playing with fight and passion, survival is a must 

improve playing squad and saleable assists through training and development 

lacklustre performances and relegation is a sackable performance, quaterly reviews on the post a bonus for keeping us up each year and an 18 month contract 

then coming out of the 18 month we should be in a position to start signing again. Then we can look at a different type of manager who can rebuild and challenge for performance

I don’t think the same person will be able to do both jobs

what we are looking for in theory is a hand full of mangers to see us through the next 3-5 years for example and  know there not available and wouldn’t be popular but 

Mick McCarthy/ Stuart Gray type  consolidate and survive 

Colin - rebuild and challenge for promotion/ get promotion 

New - then we have a new mananger for the survival of the premier league or to finish the job 

all different types of managers all with different budgets and focus let’s have a phased planned approach for change 

Just now, deano said:

Get what your saying, but I bet the Cardiff fans said similar about Warnock. 

I thought that as well when Warnock went to Cardiff.

I honestly dont think Bruce would come. If he wants to get back into management will wait for a club where things are more stable then Wednesday at the moment.

21 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Just very successful in the Championship but I guess that counts for nothing 

Yet from the 6 Championship teams he's managed, he's only been promoted with 2 of those, and both of those teams he also got relegated from the Premiership again.

He's had 2 successful spells at the clubs he's been at (9 in total), Birmingham being the clear best. Of all the others, he's never made longer than 2 seasons, and in fact for 3 of those he lasted less than 1 season before resigning / jumping ship. Even in the season Hull beat us to promotion, they were a very boring team to watch.

He's been sacked for wasting transfer budget, he's quit due to not having transfer budget, he'll be on a shed load of cash, so why on earth would he succeed here when we literally cannot spend a penny due to FFP? 

What are people's excuses for his record with Villa, with arguably the best squad in the division since relegation and an absolutely eye watering amount of money spent? Even we've outplayed them on several occasions despite being weak and injury hit all over the park

Would I take Bruce over other options i.e. Megson, Evans - yes, but do I think he's the right man for the job - not at all

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

If Pep Guardiola was linked with a move to Hillsboro there would be some Wednesday fans saying he's not good enough and we could do better.

"He doesn't know the Championship", "Can he do it without a huge budget"

Bit like those fans who say it has to be an "English" manager, or Megson to instill some passion?

Comparing Bruce to Pep though, jeez :wacko:

37 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

It's funny isn't it. Everyone bangs on about how we need a british manager with experience of success in the championship. When we are finally linked to one with 4 promotions to his name suddenly we can do better. I think some people live in a total fantasy land. Who exactly do they think we can get.

It's not who I think we can get but who I think we can get that's right for swfc. And it's not Bruce right now. He'll bleed us dryer, if that's possible. 

Edited by Semedo's ferret

and anyway, people clamoring over Bruce's hugely successful record being the reason

Bruce -> 6 Championship teams, promotions with 2

Jokanovic -> 2 Championship teams, promotions with 2 (3 seasons total)

Why does that make Bruce better option? He's had far more seasons in the Championship with less success. Curious to know why people think he's the right option / better option over Jokanovic

Edited by smhouston

I can't bring myself to want him. I just don't like him for some reason. Add to that I'm not totally sure that he is a particularly great manager and I would be very uninspired if he came here.

That being said, his CV is probably better than any realistic targets though FWIW, I think there is almost no chance of him coming here unless something bigger is going on at the club.

23 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Would Bruce jump at the chance to manage Wednesday - Yes

Would Bruce jump at the chance to manage Wednesday with nothing to spend, iminnent fire sale on the horizon, a team devoid of pace, players unable to play for various reasons, the club hanging above the drop zone, interference in the scouting and transfer policy, an aloof chairman, a despondent fanbase and a squad which looks like it's mentally weak and stuck in a rut - Hmm. 

Only for a nice pay off in 6 mths time when he's been sacked. Easy money. 

11 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Yet from the 6 Championship teams he's managed, he's only been promoted with 2 of those, and both of those teams he also got relegated from the Premiership again.

I think we should worry about relegation from the Premier League if we get there, not before.

Lots of positives for Bruce, decent squad, players like Bannan, Reach, FF who he would probably like to work with, onomah also who he had at Villa last year.

Although we are restricted from spending now by EFL, we do have an owner who will spend given the chance, so think there will be some opportunity to strengthen in the summer once out of contract players released.

We are also not yet bottom 3, so a couple of wins and we can start looking up the table  not like he's inheriting a team entrenched at the bottom of the table.

He'd be a decent appointment, if he does choose Reading suggests to me we are completely fizzed and the issues do indeed go further than the manager.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smhouston said:

and anyway, people clamoring over Bruce's hugely successful record being the reason

Bruce -> 6 Championship teams, promotions with 2

Jokanovic -> 2 Championship teams, promotions with 2 (3 seasons total)

Why does that make Bruce better option? He's had far more seasons in the Championship with less success. Curious to know why people think he's a better option over Jokanovic

Jokanovic is by far the better manager, he wouldn’t come here with a budget though nevermind without one 

completely unrealistic for me 

2 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

Bruce - out of work

SWFC - needing a new manager

The media - add the dots together to make a story....

It is all paper talk.....no truth in it at all....there are gonna be some unhappy fans when Jos turns up at Swansea to keep their dugout seat warm. 

There is truth in it. But whether it happens remains to be seen.

I think we’re in a tight spot in that most of the more “exciting” candidates would probably take us down but if we stopped up they’d be more attractive in the summer.

Just now, striker said:

Lots of positives for Bruce, decent squad, players like Bannan, Reach, FF who he would probably like to work with, onomah also who he had at Villa last year.

Although we are restricted from spending now by EFL, we do have an owner who will spend given the chance, so think there will be some opportunity to strengthen in the summer once out of contract players released.

We are also not yet bottom 3, so a couple of wins and we can start looking up the table  not like he's inheriting a team entrenched at the bottom of the table.

He'd be a decent appointment, if he does choose Reading suggests to me we are completely fizzed and the issues do indeed go further than the manager.

If he chooses Reading it will be for the ££