Alan Nixon

13 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Ok Sheffield Wednesday will have a new manager in the future - is that any good.

If you want to believe his speculation crack on, I don't.

I don't think it's speculation.

Yes it's true that we will and up with a new manager soon and he'll want to capitalise on it a little to sell stories and papers to us lot.

But if he knew nothing, he wouldn't say anything. Like he has done in the past. Or he'd have just made a guess comment like he did regarding Westwood situation. With the Bruce link though he said he'd been for talks. Doesn't mean anything other than he's been for talks.

On 10/12/2018 at 00:37, Athelwulf said:

We could have done what Wolves did, but Chansiri didn't fancy it.

It was a bob or bust policy which worked in Wolves' case, but has failed elsewhere.

We sort of half-heartedly went for it instead.

On 10/12/2018 at 00:38, Blue and white said:

Exactly, we neither did one or the other but seem to have wasted a feck load of money in the process.

i think the original idea that dc had, altered firstly when a club the size of newcastle was relegated with parachute money, with other sizeable premier clubs like villa to follow.

add to that the increased interest in buying and gaining promotion with a decent sized championship club by multi millionaires, if not billionaires, put things at s6 into a different light.

19 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Must have!

Wish I could have another one!

You know its come to something when we are arguing who is the best manager out of Irvine and Jos!

can you imagine a 'jos' wednesday versus an 'irvine' wednesday,  nobody would cross the halfway line, just in case they got counter attacked.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, toppOwl said:

So to conclude this thread Nixon's posts are guesswork and no better informed than the man in the pub.

Good day.

I don't think thats the case, he clearly knows more than the man in the pub, he does have contacts and I don't believe he would put something like this out there unless there was something in it.

Things don't always go as predicted.

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I don't think it's speculation.

Yes it's true that we will and up with a new manager soon and he'll want to capitalise on it a little to sell stories and papers to us lot.

But if he knew nothing, he wouldn't say anything. Like he has done in the past. Or he'd have just made a guess comment like he did regarding Westwood situation. With the Bruce link though he said he'd been for talks. Doesn't mean anything other than he's been for talks.

even though DC isn't experienced at this stuff   It would / should be expected that he sounds out replacements surely ?  TBH from my point of view it's entirely sensible - i't's not cheating if there's no tongues'  errr sure i heard that somewhere

I suspect any leak will have come from Bruce's agent getting his man out there in the press as wanted 

2 minutes ago, Spookone said:

I don't think thats the case, he clearly knows more than the man in the pub, he does have contacts and I don't believe he would put something like this out there unless there was something in it.

Things don't always go as predicted.

The huge volume of things he posts means some things are bound to stick, challenge him on absolutely anything and he instantly blocks you to preserve the myth.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

The huge volume of things he posts means some things are bound to stick, challenge him on absolutely anything and he instantly blocks you to preserve the myth.

of course he does, it's his 'living'.

he can live without some 'halfwits' sniping at him all day long.

(and that's how he will see it), he earns a good living from doing what we try to do as a pastime.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

I've no longer any angst with Nixon I used to because as above his early posts were scattergun rubbish  but he's now got a little rep going and I believe he's fed by agents promoting moves for their clients  bit like a plug hole gathers all floating  rumours where else would he get information ?

Just now, dnhc said:

of course he does, it's his 'living'.

he can live without some 'halfwits' sniping at him all day long.

(and that's how he will see it), he earns a good living from doing what we try to do as a pastime.

if he's made a living out of getting idiots salivating at mostly nonsense then good luck to the bloke, doesn't add any credence to what he says though.