Bannan & Forestieri Overrated?

2 minutes ago, camffiti said:

This reminds me of the time we had 9 sh*t players and Brunt & Whelan 

A section of our fans bizarrely started blaming Brunt & Whelan ... Who were then sold :CEO:

This.

Just because they don’t single handedly save us every week they’re the poor players? TBH bar 2 or 3 players we don’t have a bad team on paper, they just ain’t used right

Bannan has always sat way too deep, just pirouetting on the ball in front of our defence.  It's been a problem for years so I fail to believe both Carlos and Jos are to blame for that. 

When he gets on the ball higher up the pitch he's as good as anybody in the division and will always make things happen, just doesn't happen often enough.

Forestieri has all the talent in the world when he can be bothered, he's just mardy and a bit of a crock. 

Edited by Lee A

I got slatted for saying bannan was overrated 18 month ago

there's a reason he's in the championship at 29 and failed more than once in the premier league.

half decent for this league but there's better midfielders in this league than him

1 minute ago, Yellowbelly said:

This.

Just because they don’t single handedly save us every week they’re the poor players? TBH bar 2 or 3 players we don’t have a bad team on paper, they just ain’t used right

For me Reach, Bannan and FF the only ones good enough. And FF is now proving to be injury prone and his attitude is absolutely appalling for a professional.

For me the rest are not good enough, inconsistent or injury prone.

Defence. Palmer, Fox, Baker and Penney all either not good enough or not ready. Lees has lost it and has shown signs of regression for a good couple of years now. Hector pleasing on the eye, good on the ball but prone to a mistake. Thorniley gives his all and very promising but still young and needs to develop. Pudil is average.

Midfield. Pelupessy not up to it. Jones, Abdi, Hutch not considered and if truth be told all not going to come in and shoot us up the League.

Attack. Fletcher works hard, gives his all but nobody reads his flicks and needs protecting or else he'll be out injured. Nuhiu don't even need to comment on. Joao inconsistent and played out of position. Matias isn't very good really.

Our side is actually pretty crap and Jos has little to work with. It's mentally weak, lacks discipline and lacks pace/ability. Still Jos should be doing better. We can't get the basics right and he hasn't managed the squad well at all. They look demotivated and clueless out there. That comes from the manager. There was more fight in teams managed by Laws, Irvine and Turner. What he has to do is go back to basics, make us hard to beat and bring back the experienced pros to help a side lacking in confidence. He won't do that though and that is why he has to go. 

Both Bannan and Forestieri in a good team would be different players.

Both struggling now for varying reasons, Bannan being the only player showing for the ball, our only focal point and is overrun with the work he feels he has to do.

Forestieri,  rightly imho, looks pissed off at knowing he's the best player at the club yet spends most of the time on the bench, but I fear it's too late to to get the old FF back, not unless we bring a new manager in to give him a cuddle, he's looking increasing disinterested and if he's not sold/given away in January I'll be very surprised.

47 minutes ago, wawawuto said:

Vote this down all you want, but this is just my opinion.

Bannan's set pieces really are terrible. A majority of his corners fail to clear the first man. Those little chipped crosses from central pieces do my head in, he tries to chip it over defenders heads from the edge of the box, when surely a better option would be to keep it on the floor. I love his workrate, however only this season have I noticed how he seems to rip into his team-mates. The Norwich game for example, when we conceded, he ran over to Pudil and in front of 25,000 people had his finger in his face, shouting at him. Appalling if you ask me.

Forestieri. On his day, in the top 5 players in the league. But in the last 12 months, how many times have we seen him on his day? Not many. Does seem to go missing way more now than he did in his first season. Add to that his very poor injury record (think it was less than 1/3 of games he has started in his time here), I honestly believe he is also overrated these days. I appreciate he isn't starting at the minute and I disagree with that, but he is hardly demanding a regular starting place. 

Both excellent players on their day. But we rarely see their best.

Elbows and arseholes it is important to know the difference lol

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I do think Bannan is slightly overrated. But he's still a very good player. When things are going well and he's playing in a role that suits him, he's top drawer.

Forestieri in terms of pure talent, should be playing regularly in the PL. But he's clearly a very tricky lad to manage and motivate on a consistent basis. 

Yes he's got talent, don't know about PL though.

Unless we get a manager that can motivate him and get him back to his best, then we should cut our losses and sell in January.

Can't help thinking it's too much of a disruptance at the moment.

45 minutes ago, 33 said:

Bannan needs to play further up the pitch and not as a 3rd, 4th or 5th CB depending which formation Jos has picked out of his Lucky Bag this week.

To do that it would help if he didn't have a useless foooker like Joey at the side of him each week.

Fernando is our best player and should be starting in either a no 10 or inside forward role every game. He works hard for the team and Bannan is more effective when FF is on the pitch as the opposition can't play such a high line when players like FF or even Joao are on the pitch.

With you 100% about Bannan needs to be on the ball 20 yards form the opponents box, not ours, where he can effect the game with assists goals and controlling the tempo.

Agree Fessi is potentially our most dangerous attacker but yesterday summed him up this season.  As soon as he came on we looked a threat. He linked well with Bannan and Joao. His touch was different class. However his attitude was poor. He’s clearly frustrated by lack of game time and relative lack of quality of those selected to start ahead of him. Don’t think Jo’s will get the best out of him

51 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Bannan has always sat way too deep, just pirouetting on the ball in front of our defence.  It's been a problem for years so I fail to believe both Carlos and Jos are to blame for that. 

When he gets on the ball higher up the pitch he's as good as anybody in the division and will always make things happen, just doesn't happen often enough.

Forestieri has all the talent in the world when he can be bothered, he's just mardy and a bit of a crock. 

Bullen needs to borrow the refs spray paint and draw a line that BB cannot cross unless he is tracking his own marker.

He needs to then sit in the dugout with a small pellet gun and shoot him in the legs when he does until he changes his behaviour.

Re. the OP the people who overrate them by far the most are themselves and they need to dig in and do the basics properly as well as just the fancy stuff.

My dad used to call them "luxury players" and there are far too many turning in that type of performance too often in this team.