Bannan & Forestieri Overrated?

Vote this down all you want, but this is just my opinion.

Bannan's set pieces really are terrible. A majority of his corners fail to clear the first man. Those little chipped crosses from central pieces do my head in, he tries to chip it over defenders heads from the edge of the box, when surely a better option would be to keep it on the floor. I love his workrate, however only this season have I noticed how he seems to rip into his team-mates. The Norwich game for example, when we conceded, he ran over to Pudil and in front of 25,000 people had his finger in his face, shouting at him. Appalling if you ask me.

Forestieri. On his day, in the top 5 players in the league. But in the last 12 months, how many times have we seen him on his day? Not many. Does seem to go missing way more now than he did in his first season. Add to that his very poor injury record (think it was less than 1/3 of games he has started in his time here), I honestly believe he is also overrated these days. I appreciate he isn't starting at the minute and I disagree with that, but he is hardly demanding a regular starting place. 

Both excellent players on their day. But we rarely see their best.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Bannan is good at doing those little spins in the middle of the pitch, but offers little else 

FF is our best player by some distance, and certainly not overrated. Just a bit of a crock 

Yes I would agree with that.

FF was unplayable in his first season. These days offers very little due to injuries

Bannan needs to play further up the pitch and not as a 3rd, 4th or 5th CB depending which formation Jos has picked out of his Lucky Bag this week.

To do that it would help if he didn't have a useless foooker like Joey at the side of him each week.

Fernando is our best player and should be starting in either a no 10 or inside forward role every game. He works hard for the team and Bannan is more effective when FF is on the pitch as the opposition can't play such a high line when players like FF or even Joao are on the pitch.

• Thanks 1

also missing is any form of pattern of play, we have players who seem to make it up on the day, our current way of playing would make Messi look like an overweight 47 year old chain smoking beer head from Darnall

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It’s hard to critique good players in a poor side. They all get dragged down to the same level eventually.

I think Bannan and Forestieri are good players - and would get picked in any other team in the Championship.

Doesnt mean they are an asset in our team.

You can only look at work rate really.

2 very good players playing in a side lacking in confidence, spirit and belief - and leadership.

Give them a way to play, with other players in the right positions in the right formation and you get the best out of them - can we just get someone in charge who can make that happen? 

• Thanks 1

Have to agree about BB, I hate those little floating chips into the box which almost always amount to nothing. I don't question his commitment and he needs someone to play alongside who can allow him tho play higher up the pitch instead of always having to drop back to get the ball.  The point the OP made about having a go at his team mates was evident again yesterday when he tore into Thorniley after the first goal.

• Like 2

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Both individually fantastic players, but suffering from a serious lack of quality around them, and a manager that has unfortunately lost the plot.