#SWFC 2 : 1 Millwall - Matchday Thread

Superb Snoots. You nicely covered many touchy subjects in a single post.

Logically tonight should be VERY tough. Millwall’s form over the last 23 games is top two form. And this season, draws at home to Boro and away at Blackburn, and beating Derby at home, look very good results. They will be looking for a win tonight, after back to back draws.

Clueless how we will set up and how we will perform. Will Reach and Joao be fit? They would make a big difference.

Hope...

Hutch Lees Pudil

Boyd Bannan Jones Reach

Joao Fletcher FF

No idea what team to expect.

New ST seats for my boy and I tonight. It’s a great view, hopefully to watch a great performance.

Need to keep an eye on that Ted fellow as he's obviously up to no good. I reckon he's been casing the Navvies for a raid on the next delivery of Batemans and it tells you all you need to know about the chap when you hear that he's disappeared up the Nun's Chuff (heard tell she's a big girl)! Clearly there'll be no clean sheets for him tonight!

Excellent work your Lordship!

Sad indictment of our season so far though that at the moment the highlight of following the lads is your MDT thingy!

• Thanks 1

Great Thread Lord.

There are a lot of "Teds" at the moment

I can't wait to get down there tonight and see us win and get this season started.....

Sick of hearing "Hillsborough" news when it is nothing to do with us ripping the league apart.....

If ever there was a time to sack off this ultra boring defensive football, tonights the night 

We might just kick on after tonight if we get the win - a good morale boost and playing some good football under our belt is what we need, so listen to the players and stick them round pegs in round holes!

Big week for Jos, think he is under pressure. Does he throw darts at his tactics book to decide tonight's formation or revert to type in times of need and pack the defence with 5 and another 2 holding midfielders?

Think it will be the latter, risky at home against an average team and unlikely the fans will warm to an additional 90 minutes with the only positive being a clean sheet and a point.

He could always go 343 as per Hull, more open but at least have  go at winning, or at least providing some glimmer of entertainment other than nervous passes in our own half between the least comfortable passers we have on the pitch, before the obligatory long pass to the Millwall defence once we've had enough.

What I do expect is we watch a team playing together, in a cohesive system they understand (Millwall) and hoping Bannan or FF can produce something magic on our side.

Let's be fair Millwall aren't all that, look at their squad and we should be favourites, but could say that for most teams where we come undone matching our individuals against a collective team, greater than the sum of their parts.

In summary, carefully considering the above, comfortable 3-0 win for Wednesday, make the moaners (including me) look daft before going on to smash Ipswich 5-0.....

Or maybe 0-0?