#SWFC 2 : 1 Millwall - Matchday Thread

3 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

What an apt username for faded glory

"Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”
Good pick. Your not Ted are you? 

Just kidding.

Yes I picked the name Ozymandias for a reason, we have been a Colossal wreck for two decades, who will awake this sleeping giant? 

And no, I'm not Ted. 

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Excellent positivity boost before tonights game with Joao putting pen to paper on a new deal

Do you really rate Joao that highly Lord? Yes he has shown some encouraging signs but i still feel he needs to give a lot more for him to be a regular starter and goal threat. To be fair though with all the negative crap coming from the club this season i guess anything slightly positive was going to get up excited. 

14 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Doubt it will be toxic. I bet it'll just be quiet. Which is just as bad. 

Maybe during the quiet spells we could pipe in sound effects from battle scenes from famous films or something.

Add a bit of passionate ambience to procedings.

Guest Maxine

I have a feeling the match day thread could be better than the match tonight. WTF:

1-1 I'm feeling optimistic last minute equaliser from Forestieri. :ghoulguy:

Come on Wednesday. 

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Like Star Wars space battles?

Was thinking more Braveheart. 

Or the Battle of Helms Deep.

But if you insist. ..we could have some of yours,  they will bring a sense of drama and yet at the same time realism to proceedings

image.thumb.png.c14e7bb7bf65954f56e97358accc2dba.png

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Do you really rate Joao that highly Lord? Yes he has shown some encouraging signs but i still feel he needs to give a lot more for him to be a regular starter and goal threat. To be fair though with all the negative crap coming from the club this season i guess anything slightly positive was going to get up excited. 

I think he's really showed at the back end of last season that (with the right partner) he can be a huge threat in the Championship. 

Quick,  unpredictable,  capable of moments of big end ability to beat a man from nothing.  

Great chance for him this season to step to the plate and really make a name for himself.

I'm delighted he's re signed. 

Also delighted because replacing a player with the qualities he brings would probably be someone  out of our budget!