#SWFC 2 : 1 Millwall - Matchday Thread

4 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

I want to be positive, but can only go on how things really are.

A draw at best, at worst, sitting back defending plan by jos, failing as Millwall slice us open and knock two past an unorganised defence before halftime.

Therein, complete meltdown at halftime.... Britney Spears soon follows with titty twisting and everythings set for the Owlstalk server crashing through the night and

most of Thursday. Sales of hendos go through the roof as we all seek solice in a meat and potato pie.

Don't worry.

Neil has been working on a better more up to date server to ensure no crashing during any meltdown.

image.png.e668d60f8a3d604cf4da515fbf8a7846.png

• Haha 4

Brilliant (MDT thing) it put a proper smile on my face after finishing my night shift, thanks. I fully agree with the sentiment for all of it. 

I'm fairly certain we will lose unless there is a radical change in our side, particularly in the midfield and defence. Millwall race off the blocks, are very direct and get a lot of ball's into the box, and Harris has them all playing without fear. They undid Derby in the first half by doing just that. 

We take a half to warm up, look chuffing clueless when anything comes into the box, and our midfield is hardly a dam to stop them flooding on. But Derby showed you can score against them if you get them on the back foot. 

But UTO, and following a change of heart from the better half our date night is now at Hillsborough :biggrin:

It's the hope that kills you.....or a defensive that reacts to ball's in the box like this... 

rwNqqt7.gif

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Sheffield Wednesday have not won a league match on a Wednesday since January 2014 (2-0 v Blackpool), drawing four and losing three since then.

FFS

WTF:

What an apt username for faded glory

"Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”
Good pick. Your not Ted are you? 

Just kidding.

• Haha 2

A win tonight is much needed but it won’t do anything to change my mind about us needing new signings ASAP or if we can’t do that us needing to replace Jos. Something isn’t right on the pitch and a change needs to be made in either the player or management side. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

All I'm asking is that the players go out guns blazing and fight for every ball, get in there and show real effort and work their socks off for each other. We've had a fitness focus this summer; there's no way they shouldn't be able to go out there and give 100%. I want the players to go out and have fun playing football, get excited over it and get their confidence back... forget about results for 90 minutes and work on getting the basics right, then the performance will be there, and results will come from that. Losing to Millwall if you've played great is okay, but starting another match in the same half-assed manner I've seen recently, conceding early and figuratively seeing our defense pick their pants up over and over just shouldn't happen.

3 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

All I'm asking is that the players go out guns blazing and fight for every ball, get in there and show real effort and work their socks off for each other. We've had a fitness focus this summer; there's no way they shouldn't be able to go out there and give 100%. I want the players to go out and have fun playing football, get excited over it and get their confidence back... forget about results for 90 minutes and work on getting the basics right, then the performance will be there, and results will come from that. Losing to Millwall if you've played great is okay, but starting another match in the same half-assed manner I've seen recently, conceding early and figuratively seeing our defense pick their pants up over and over just shouldn't happen.

I fully endorse this approach