Wigan Athletic 3 - 2 Sheffield Wednesday

I’m actually quite excited for the season, more so than when we started last season under Carlos.

We clearly have weaknesses, but with the right formation and set-up this could be an exciting team. 

I have faith in Jos and hopefully some good results can take attention away from some dreadful off-field decisions. 

Team for today:

Westwood

Hutch

Lees

Pudil

Palmer

Pelupessy

Bannan

Reach

FF

Nuhiu

Joao

• Like 2

It’s a funny one. Normally on the first game of the season I’m really excited to get a glimpse of the new signings and dreaming about what quality they might bring to the team. Wish we had signed a player or 2, doesn’t feel the same excitement for me today. Don’t get me wrong I love a new start to a season, fresh start but not quite the same this season. 

Not been as underwhelmed about the start of a new season for a long time.

Be interesting to see how we do, largely the  same squad, minus 5, which struggled last year, but had a decent finish against teams with nothing to.play for.

Wigan certainly have a lot to play for and momentum from last year's promotion. Most pundits have us down for a comfortable  loss, but think we might get away with a draw....1-1.

Amazing. Are you a script writer for radio comedy ? If not you should be, reminds me of Round the Horn. Now I am showing my age.lol

Anyway the serious stuff, a draw today 1-1 would be very satisfactory.

35 minutes ago, Think tank said:

I’m actually quite excited for the season, more so than when we started last season under Carlos.

We clearly have weaknesses, but with the right formation and set-up this could be an exciting team. 

I have faith in Jos and hopefully some good results can take attention away from some dreadful off-field decisions. 

Team for today:

Westwood

Hutch

Lees

Pudil

Palmer

Pelupessy

Bannan

Reach

FF

Nuhiu

Joao

Play that team and we win today

4 hours ago, Owlstastic said:

I'm just about to head off for 2 weeks in France myself. 

Impressive Wednesday victory today. We need it to sweep away all those pre-season bedwetting vibes. 

Enjoy the opening game everyone and up the Owls!

Love the optimism, enjoy your jollies.

Quality omdt to kick the season off mi lord. At long last. League footy on a Satdy at 3pm. I think we might surprise a few today. The inept opener at Preston a year ago needs putting right. Today!

Can't believe his lordship won't be in attendance. What, with his contacts down at the private members club.

Glad Stubbs keeping him on an even keel though, almost. Prediciting a 2-0 win, with 3 scorers.

Tell me Snooty, have you ever woken up in the Navvies arms?!

Onwards! UTO.

• Like 1