Wigan Athletic 3 - 2 Sheffield Wednesday

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

"2-0 Wednesday."

"Goalscorers sir?"

"Joao two and big Adthe"

Isn't that 3?

Unless we have a new striker called "Joao two"

One omission from your preseason summary .....Rhodes to Naaarwich.

Rocket will be upset that you didn't mention his departure. 

It is 3 yes but someone on here told me that headers and tap-ins don't count officially.

Especially when scored by bearded Albanian Kosovan Austrians.

I'm starting to suspect they might have been having me on to try and win an argument.

Bugger me, I’ve just posted in the wrong flippin thread:wacko:

Creepin senility!!! 

Anyway, those who are going today, where are you seated/standing when we score? Is the away bit behind a goal or are you squirrelled away in a corner somewhere? This is essential for us “exiles off Main Street” to be able to visualise as we follow proceedings via this match day thread. If anyone can post photos of their day out “on the road to Wigan pier” that would be great, all adds to the flavour. Hope you all have a great day at the game and you’re all rolling home in high spirits at 5.30 tonight.

”C’mon you semi blue and white wizaaards!” UTO

Keep the faith - we will win.

• Like 2

Thanks Milord. Made me laugh several times. 

Feeling like that first season with Carlos where I didn't know what to expect but hoped for a better season than the previous one. 

Think it might be a tough game today as momentum counts for a lot. Hoping for a win though.  UTO

19 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Thanks Milord. Made me laugh several times. 

Feeling like that first season with Carlos where I didn't know what to expect but hoped for a better season than the previous one. 

Think it might be a tough game today as momentum counts for a lot. Hoping for a win though.  UTO

What about our momentum? In a division higher.

18 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

How come Stubbs goes from knowing jack sh-t about football and Wednesday to being an expert in about 2 minutes? I think he's TTP out of you M'Lud, clearly a blunt, needs a good thrashing.

Often thought the same Easters. Often thought the same.  I think he feigns ignorance sometimes.

Like the time my pastel green linen suit was ruined in the wash.  Said he'd no idea that would happen to it.

But he never liked that suit. You do start to wonder.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Amazing. Are you a script writer for radio comedy ? If not you should be, reminds me of Round the Horn. Now I am showing my age.lol

Anyway the serious stuff, a draw today 1-1 would be very satisfactory.

The Lord certainly could write for radio. How about a deal with the BBC? Oh, then again........ 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wonder Spaniel said:

Top OMDT.

Right then, if I get my tent down, and neatly packed in the car along with the bikes, camping gear, dog, kids, mississ, kichen sink etc etc before 10am, we will win! If it's between 10 and 11am, we'll draw. After 11am we lose WTF:

No pressure! I'd better wake the bin lids up!

9.45am,, You can t(ask me later.

10 hours ago, Maxine said:

WOW.

I take it this stands for Wednesday Orlways Win.

Right?

8 hours ago, Sonny said:

Football

Football 

Football Football Football

FOOTBALL FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL

FOOT!!! BALL!!!

Reminds me of this...

c’mon Wednesday!! Daft preseason shenanigans but it’d be just like us to have a blinder and get automatic. 

Edited by themaskedowl
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

Orignally had this down as 1-1 but my pessimism has got worse as the week has progressed 2-0 Wigan :sad:

I know what you mean about pessimism. Originally had this down as 0-5 but pessimism has got worse as the week has progressed, 0-4 Wednesday. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I hope Nuhiu plays like the one that finished the season and both the one for the previous couple of years. Would it be really cynical to think him wanting a new contract had something to do with him playing well, hope not because IF he plays like he can could be a useful player over a season.