Wigan Athletic 3 - 2 Sheffield Wednesday

17 minutes ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

It definitely felt like that was our big chance, and now we have the mountain to climb again. I think we can do it, but not over night. Preston have looked a solid unit for a few years now, might not be a bad model to follow. 

It was. We got to the top of the mountain, was about to stick the flag in the summit and then bosh that lolloping  winger who looks like he plays with his shoelaces tied together tears us apart. Carlos should have reacted to their change cos we were out on our legs down that side.

You're spot though, it's the model that needs to change. We could be playing Sunderland in the bottom tier in a few years.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GrowlerInAThermos said:

It was. We got to the top of the mountain, was about to stick the flag in the summit and then bosh that lolloping  winger who looks like he plays with his shoelaces tied together tears us apart. Carlos should have reacted to their change cos we were out on our legs down that side.

You're spot though, it's the model that needs to change. We could be playing Sunderland in the bottom tier in a few years.

Defo, our next steps decide our future for a long time. It can be done though, Fulham came back and went up after an embargo. 

It's 1st game of season,  win or lose you shouldn't read too much in to it.

His has now seen Van Aken can't play in middle of a back 3 and we need joao to give us something different. 

Personally I hope we just go back to last season's side with with Hutch for Venancio and baker, Palmer rwb. 

That side with Nielsen, Thorniley, Fox, Boyd, Lee, Abdi, Fletcher, Hooper, Matias, Wildsmith is comfortable mid table/top 10 side so no need for the massive over reaction.

It was far from perfect yesterday but its 1 game, After next 3/4 games we will have a much clearer picture.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

His has now seen Van Aken can't play in middle of a back 3 and we need joao to give us something different. 

Personally I hope we just go back to last season's side with with Hutch for Venancio and baker, Palmer rwb. 

That side with Nielsen, Thorniley, Fox, Boyd, Lee, Abdi, Fletcher, Hooper, Matias, Wildsmith is comfortable mid table/top 10 side so no need for the massive over reaction.

It was far from perfect yesterday but its 1 game, After next 3/4 games we will have a much clearer picture.

What a load of gonads. 

Guest charmer

A lot of positives to take from yesterday’s game. I think it was just first game nerves and if it turns out to be the worst performance of the season then things aren’t looking bad. Top three is very achievable this season. 

7 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

I agree with all that but have one question; since January, don't you think Jos should have known about JVA in the middle of a back 3 before yesterday?

55 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I agree with all that but have one question; since January, don't you think Jos should have known about JVA in the middle of a back 3 before yesterday?

I'd have said Lees in middle everyday of the week but Van Aken looked ok v Villareal however as Saturday proved thats a totally different style of football to what we will face in the Championship. 

In fairness He will have had very few games in championship to judge him on but loads in Holland were again he was defending against a different style of football. 

Lets just hope it was clear enough to him.