Every midweek game live on Sky

If this is anything to go by...

“There are eight rounds of midweek Sky Bet Championship matches this season and Sky Sports Football will broadcast matches live on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

And as part of a brand new service, Sky Sports viewers will be able to press the red button and watch live coverage of ANY of the matches being played.

That means you'll be able to watch YOUR team live when they play in midweek, no matter which Sky Bet Championship club you support.”

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11453079/sky-bet-efl-on-sky-sports-follow-championship-league-one-and-league-two-in-2018-19

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Yet another step towards every game being televised. Even worse than the Amazon deal.

Give it 20 years and there'll be no fans in any stadium below about 40.

Football continues to disappear up its own arse.

In 20 years it’ll cost 4 grand to get in our ground 

Clubs should be doing everything they can to get fans in the stadium - ours are doing the opposite 

1 minute ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Really not sure on this, good in a way but as people have said before long every game will be on tv! More armchair fans will appear on Tuesdays 

What I don’t understand is ifollow announced that from this season that fans in the UK can pay to watch midweek games, yet they are allowing sky to show them too. Surely ifollow would have made sure they had exclusive rights. Who’s going to pay to watch the game on a phone or laptop when you can get it on tv.

Yeah I know not everyone has sky but most people will nowadays.

19 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Yet another step towards every game being televised. Even worse than the Amazon deal.

Give it 20 years and there'll be no fans in any stadium below about 40.

Football continues to disappear up its own arse.

agree

Chairmen such as ours are having to charge ridiculous sums due to P&S restraints just to try and compete with the parachute clubs.  

I fecking hate Sky and all it's done to the game we all loved 

• Like 1

Never had sky sports, never will have sky sports!

If I paid all that money I'd be wanting to watch all the matches but the wife would have a problem with it, having said that when I do watch the occasional premier league game if it's not 4-4 after 10 mins I'm bored anyway!

I only watch Wednesday's highlights on YouTube and then that's only if we have won!

I've said it before, offer me every Sheffield Wednesday game on a subscription channel for the price of a season ticket, and I'll buy it. There are probably thousands out there who would. Its a treasure chest full of profit for football, a market they need to capture.

With prices going through the roof for entry into the ground, I bet there are quite a few families who are over the moon about this one! Save themselves £200 entry fees and a night in the cold after a long day at work.