Every midweek game live on Sky

11 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

I reckon it goes in cycles.

There may be an initial drop off in attendances, but once people realise it's just not the same, they'll start drifting back.

The atmosphere cannot be replicated, it is basically censored to avoid viewers seeing anything untoward, they filter the crowd noise and then, definitely where the Championship is concerned, talk uninformed Bol***s.

Even allowing for that, I don't think we should be afraid of progress, it's happening in every facet of daily life, where instant, on demand supply is the norm and football is no different.  We can't be like Canute, trying to demand the tide doesn't come in. It's going to change and no matter how unpalatable for some and how vociferous the usual protests will be we either move with it or die trying to resist.  

One thing though, the importance of selling season tickets up front will be paramount & more important than ever for obvious reasons, not least the guaranteed income & the fact that inevitably, the casualties to Sky will be the occasional supporters.

And I'll say it before any of the DC bashers can jump in, especially when they would be paying punitive prices for POTG.

Your argument falls down at atmosphere/midweek. It's like a morgue

Don't assume people will come back, same as the ticket prices, if folk find other things to do they drift away, and the club loses a paying fan/customer

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BigBlueDan said:

Your argument falls down at atmosphere/midweek. It's like a morgue

Don't assume people will come back, same as the ticket prices, if folk find other things to do they drift away, and the club loses a paying fan/customer

Don’t entirely disagree and I also agree it becomes a ‘habit’ thing which once broken is harder to reinstate, but fans have always come & gone, stopped & then returned as their lifestyle dictates.

Re the old hot potato of ticket prices. Again, people’s incomes fluctuate through their lives. There are those that refuse to pay it on principle and those that genuinally can’t afford it. 

Because they can’t afford it at a certain stage in their lives doesn’t mean they could never afford it a later stage. I personally have been in that position when the kids were small. That however, is true of everything, not just football.

Regardless of the rights & wrongs of the proposed coverage, it certainly isn’t going to go away any time soon, so we have to adapt to it. 

1 hour ago, GEE said:

i dont agree with this, it will massively affect attendances, atmosphere at midweek games will be non existent. people will choose the warm comfy sofa instead of the freezing cold cop on a tuesday night, i think season ticket holders will choose to watch it at home at times.

I'm married to a " freezing cold cop " and would choose football over her any Tuesday night .

2 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

I'm married to a " freezing cold cop " and would choose football over her any Tuesday night .

yep and so would i, nothing better than being at Hillsborough, unfortunately people will choose to stay at home in the colder months specially the people that arent season ticket holders

3 hours ago, kazads said:

I pay£46... everything except movies

I pay £35pm for the full package including sports, movies, boxsets and HD.  That was a special new customer 18 month deal though and expires this December so I doubt I'll be able to get it for anywhere near that come renegotiation time.

14 hours ago, David Somni Jennings said:

Best option for football going forward is this....

Last season we averaged gates of 26,000 - Lets say on average people paid £38 to get in, that's about £1,000,000 gate receipts per game.

23 home games in a season, to recover the £1,000,000, what you really want is 52,000 people willing to pay what works out as £20/game.  £460 for a season ticket to watch all home games on TV.

Then what the club does is offer free entry into the ground for 35,000 people. Each week anyone who has bought a season ticket can apply. 

Result, same income to the club. 10,000 more fans in the ground each week. More kiosk sales from the extra fans. Better atmosphere from the extra fans. More happy Sheffield Wednesday fans sitting at home in the warm watching the game.

It's the future!

(could even throw in a deal, £499 and you get a free shirt, home or away - Massive increase in shirt sales for what looks like a steal)

Around 20k of that 26k are season ticket holders though paying more like an average £20 per game so that knocks the figures way out.

19 hours ago, fpowl said:

got it to have a negative impact on already low attendemcesc at midweek fixtures though 

19 hours ago, fpowl said:

Maybe exorbitant ticket prices are to blame for the low midweek attendance at Hillsborough. 

Edited by Mrmason69

Guest Maxine
13 hours ago, Geedee said:

Your right Maxine there is no comparison but live football is not accessible to many, sky and BT give me affordable and convenient access to some of the best live sport in the world. 

I have been a sky customer for 28 years

I agree, I live at Hillsborough so it's easy for me I'll be glad of it when it's an away match I'm not going too though.  

Getting my EFL content via ESPN+ $49.99 for 12 months, all the EFL and various other sports you could want, decent boxing etc on there as well, 720p 6Mbit 60fps. Tomorrow's football schedule:

Saturday, August 4th

Ascenso MX
6:00 AM
Fútbol Picante

espndeportes
12:00 PM
Fútbol Picante

espndeportes
3:00 PM
Fútbol Picante

espndeportes
7:00 PM
ESPN Fútbol Center

espndeportes
7:30 PM
ESPN FC

espn1
4:00 AM
FC Juárez vs. Dorados de Sinaloa (Jornada 3)

espndeportes
English League Championship
3:55 PM
Ipswich Town vs. Blackburn Rovers (English League Championship)

espn+
6:25 PM
Sheffield United vs. Swansea City (English League Championship)

espn+
English League One
1:25 PM
Sunderland vs. Charlton Athletic

espn+
International Champions Cup
10:00 AM
In Spanish - Juventus vs. Bayern Munich (International Champions Cup) (re-air)

espndeportes
7:50 PM
In Spanish - Internazionale vs. Olympique Lyonnais (International Champions Cup)

espndeportes
8:00 PM
Internazionale vs. Olympique Lyonnais (International Champions Cup)

espn1
12:00 AM
In Spanish - Real Madrid vs. Juventus (International Champions Cup)

espndeportes
12:00 AM
Real Madrid vs. Juventus (International Champions Cup)

espn2
2:00 AM
In Spanish - AC Milan vs. Barcelona (International Champions Cup)

espndeportes
2:00 AM
AC Milan vs. Barcelona (International Champions Cup)

espnews
International Friendly
Wolverhampton vs. Villarreal (International Friendly)

espn3
Southampton vs. Borussia Monchengladbach (International Friendly)

espn3
Everton vs. Valencia (International Friendly)

espn3
Major League Soccer
10:00 PM
In Spanish - Atlanta United FC vs. Toronto FC

espndeportes
10:00 PM
Atlanta United FC vs. Toronto FC

espn1
NCAA Women's Soccer
8:00 AM
Missouri vs. Mississippi State (re-air)

sec
United Soccer League
1:00 AM
New York Red Bulls II vs. Penn FC

espn+
1:00 AM
Ottawa Fury FC vs. Tampa Bay Rowdies

espn+

On 01/08/2018 at 19:42, torres said:

In 2 years it’ll cost 4 grand to get in our ground 

Clubs should be doing everything they can to get fans in the stadium - ours are doing the opposite 

Corrected it 

• Haha 1