Embargo...

Just now, nethertonowl said:

Been told yes we are under an embargo, more players to go , all  big names just haggling over fees. Very sorry to say this but it’s down to the kids. 

Go on then, I'll bite.

Who's told you this then?

And the 'big names' - KW/FF/BB??

They'll be fooookin' up roar if those lads get sold, on top of the recent ticket price and membership price hike.

Birmingham are under an embargo now. They apparently were under a "soft embargo" whatever that may be untilt hey announced a signing a week or two back and the football league then put them under a full embargo.

I suspect we may be under a soft embargo too but no idea what that would entail, maybe requiring approval before making a contract offer or transfer offer or something like that

9 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

QPR Cough up £41 million and accept transfer embargo till 2019......wowsers!! 

So FFP is put in force to avoid financial problems, yet the EFL make a club pay £41m and don’t allow them to trade for players - WOW! 

The whole system is a contradiction.

8 minutes ago, simpark said:

QPR have today agreed to pay £42m for beaching FFP - and also get an embargo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44980113

We are under a self imposed embargo to avoid just this. Its mega important we do so.

We have a decent quality, if somewhat bloated squad and simply need to add a couple of well thought out loans to it. With Jos at the helm, we shall do well this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Been told yes we are under an embargo, more players to go , all  big names just haggling over fees. Very sorry to say this but it’s down to the kids. 

We are not under an embargo by the FA, its a self imposed embargo to stop any sanctions.

That QPR thing is a bit misleading, its actually a 17 million fine payable over 10 years and wont be taken into account in future FFP

as for the embargo, they can still buy players this window it only comes into affect for the January window

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

So FFP is put in force to avoid financial problems, yet the EFL make a club pay £41m and don’t allow them to trade for players - WOW! 

The whole system is a contradiction.

It does seem a bit silly to fine people for not having a lot of money. 

10 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

We are not under an embargo by the FA, its a self imposed embargo to stop any sanctions.

Maybe the club might have mentioned that before selling season tickets, asking for ridiculous membership prices and cat B ticket prices for first home game. Be nice for fans to know what we are paying for

8 minutes ago, Dot said:

That QPR thing is a bit misleading, its actually a 17 million fine payable over 10 years and wont be taken into account in future FFP

as for the embargo, they can still buy players this window it only comes into affect for the January window

Yup the headline makes it seem worse than the reality.

31 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

QPR Cough up £41 million and accept transfer embargo till 2019......wowsers!! 

Good. I feel for the fans but the club’s behaviour was outrageous.

No idea what happens to us from here. 

Not least because I don’t know where here is. 

Edited by themaskedowl

According to the EFL website:

6.5           The Embargo will be effective:

6.5.1      in the case of a Championship Club which is in default of any obligation to provide information in accordance with these Rules, from the date of default until such time as the default is remedied to the reasonable satisfaction of The League; and

6.5.2      in the case of a Championship Club which fails to fulfil the Fair Play Requirement, from 1st January in the relevant Season and will apply until such time as the Club meets the Fair Play Requirement in any subsequent Reporting Period (in accordance with these Rules) or The League grants any application lodged in accordance with Rule 6.6.

To me, that reads like 6.5.2 would be relevant to us and the embargo would be in place from January. 

We bought players in in January, and I don't think we could have surpassed FFP last financial year, so I don't think an embargo would have started yet under those terms.

Would expect one from Jan 19 though.