SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19 - VOTE NOW

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19  

754 members have voted

1. 1. The membership this season is £90. Do you feel this is price is about right?

• No - Too Expensive
    • Yes - It's priced about right
  2. 2. Will you be getting a membership this season?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does the pricing of the membership alone affect your decision to buy a membership

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Would you use the megastore vouchers that come with the Membership package? (you can't use them to buy replica shirts)

• Yes - I'd use the vouchers
    • No - I'd not use the vouchers
  5. 5. Do you usually buy a membership?

• Yes
    • No I don't

Usually buy membership for myself and my 2 sons. Paid £100 last season which I thought was expensive but the prices announced today are beyond belief. The club is seriously in danger of pricing many fans out of supporting Wednesday what with the match ticket prices too. I’ve supported Wednesday since 1982 and seen many highs and lows but the way us supporters are being treated at the moment by being charged champions league prices for mid table  championship football makes me wonder where it’s all  going to end.

• Like 2

FWIW,  last year the average price of our cheapest pay on the gate ticket was £32.83. 

To get your £90 back you'd have to go to 14 games (1x £20 off, 2x £10 off and 11x£5 off = £95)

14 games at £26.33 (£32.83 minus the £6.50 average discount) = £364

So you need to spend £364 to make buying a membership worthwhile - for 14 games. 

• Thanks 2

My first year in about a decade without a season tickey (chose to spend the money towards a family holiday instead).

Was planning on getting a membership at £50 and then taking in a number games as the season progresses.

Now I won't be getting a membership and I'll struggle to justify pay on the gate prices and will mean I'll go from a planned 10-15 games to less than 5 I imagine in reality.

Edited by ReginaldD

I'm not going to say I've lost faith in anyone at the club but it just seems to be out of touch with reality. As said by others it makes me a bit sad. Being unable to get to games I liked to give a little bit to the club via membership but, it's out of the question now with this price hike (given exchange rates into the bargain). Survey results are interesting but the sample of respondents may be skewed a little. Wonder how this is resonating in the wider club community. It just seems poorly thought through but maybe they have made a calculation and decided that there would be quite a few drop off the perch but the increased price would compensate. I can't help but feel it's going to be an increasingly rarefied pool of people putting money into the club, and SWFC is always going to have a somewhat limited pull to begin with. As a strategy I'd be concerned it will have a definite ceiling before it backfires. Maybe they've just hit that ceiling.

Edited by themaskedowl
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

FWIW,  last year the average price of our cheapest pay on the gate ticket was £32.83. 

To get your £90 back you'd have to go to 14 games (1x £20 off, 2x £10 off and 11x£5 off = £95)

14 games at £26.33 (£32.83 minus the £6.50 average discount) = £364

So you need to spend £364 to make buying a membership worthwhile - for 14 games. 

And that's assuming you can make the £20 and 2x £10 off games, which  is no guarantee if you're relying on a membership option due to work or family commitments.

I don't get who the club are pitching memberships at with this pricing strategy. It feels like they're actively trying to kill off the membership scheme in the hope that we'll all buy season tickets, which is a poor way to treat a large group of loyal fans whose circumstances dictate that a season ticket is not a viable option.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 2

And there will still be people out there who won’t have a single word of criticism labelled against Chansiri.

He deserves absolutely every bit of stick for this half brained idea. What does he think people earn or have to pay just for the essentials in life?

The more and more you think about it the more it becomes apparent that he’s a rich kid who got it served up on a plate, an individual who’s obviously never heard the word “No” enough times as a youngster.

Those kind of people are the worse, they never grow up and they most certainly fail to accept responsibility.

You didn’t, I didn’t, Mandaric didnt.. No one held Chansiri at gunpoint and made him buy a football club.

It’s his toy and his job to look after it, but there lies the problem if you’ve never had to look after anything before.

Someone somewhere come and show me, show us the definitive proof that Dejphon Chansiri has made it on his own and is indeed a successful businessman in his own right. Apart from his family what has he done?

I’ve had reservations about the bloke for a lot longer than most, he hasn’t come up with a single idea thus far that’s altered my view.

Nothing personal Chansiri, but you’re barking up the wrong tree if you expect the supporters to bail you out from your own mistakes.

• Like 3

I've let the tickets prices go - higher prices better quality players (to a degree), I let the shirt prices go - apart from the occasional one for my lad I don't buy them but this has really took the edge off the current season for me, a membership worked perfectly in my circumstances but I'd now feel like I was giving the club £90 for virtually no return. It will definitely limit the number of games I will attend next season. Ludicrous decision.

:carlos:

You can't justify the membership price at all.

Bring it back to £50 and leave it as it was, even though that was too much, and I'll buy two this afternoon and get to as many games as we can.

Leave it as is and that's 2 less bought with only going to games because they're on offer.

Businesses need to make money but pricing out a large section of the fan base will have the opposite effect.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I normally buy a membership but stopped at last year’s prices, so certainly won’t be renewing at £90. It’s obscene.

Somebody at the club needs to stand up and tell Mr C he is getting it all wrong again.

Far too many Chansiri sycophants. 

Stand up and criticise him and you get a swarm descending on you. 

£90 is ridiculous. Surely this will result in fewer people buying memberships, and less income than what we’d have had if we’d kept it at £50? 

Smacks of desperation and a worrying disconnect from the fans if they think people can afford / will pay that.