SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19 - VOTE NOW

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19  

754 members have voted

1. 1. The membership this season is £90. Do you feel this is price is about right?

• No - Too Expensive
    • Yes - It's priced about right
  2. 2. Will you be getting a membership this season?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does the pricing of the membership alone affect your decision to buy a membership

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Would you use the megastore vouchers that come with the Membership package? (you can't use them to buy replica shirts)

• Yes - I'd use the vouchers
    • No - I'd not use the vouchers
  5. 5. Do you usually buy a membership?

• Yes
    • No I don't

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The club read this site all day every day mate 

Well read this then. My daughter and her three mates (19-20yrs old) had Season tickets from 5 year old. At 18, between them they decided that they couldn't afford STs (mums n dad's no longer footing the bill) plus had missed a few games through university /college and getting drunk commitments, so got memberships instead. That way they get to choose games at best possible price. Last season they got to 12 home games. Membership was the plan again. This season. Now they've been priced out of that aswell. The only games my daughter will get too now are when I treat her. But she's already said she's not bothered anymore because feels peed off by it all. So well done swfc. That's another 4 of the younger generation cast aside.

DC, The damage you are doing to this club is overshadowing all the positives. I'm trying to remain positive towards you but unless we see some kind of change that gives the fans a better deal, this season will be my last. The last time I walked it took 11 years to get me back as a ST holder. Its currently 10 years I've been back with a ST . My 12 Yr old lad has had one from 3. The only thing keeping my custom is him and his love for the club. And my Mrs and his grandparents are all ST holders. One walks. We all walk. #gutted 

• Like 4

Memberships include:

•    A saving of £100 over the season on home fixtures - £5 discount per league game

Same as last season

•    Up to £180 discount in the Owls Megastore - Members receive vouchers for huge savings

No sane person will get close to using all these 

•    A saving of over £20 – new for 2018/19 is a Members Day fixture (Owls v Preston, 22 December) where all Adult Members can buy a ticket in any stand for jìust £10 

Would have been category G anyway, so only a £10 saving

•    A saving of £20 – a minimum of two designated double discounted fixtures offering members £10 off per game

Weren't multiple £10 savings promised last season when it went from £30 to £50?

Not only will the club lose out on loads of £50 renewals. It those that don’t renew will go to a lot less games. Me, my mate and 3 kids we take will not be renewing and we’ll end up at a lot less games. It’s mental

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, hatcheeks said:

Not only will the club lose out on loads of £50 renewals. It those that don’t renew will go to a lot less games. Me, my mate and 3 kids we take will not be renewing and we’ll end up at a lot less games. It’s mental

Agreed. Its baffling how the club can alienate a whole group without too much thought apparently.

This summer I decided not to extend my 3 year ST ,and let it run down ,so I'm going I to last season of it now.if the club continue to rip us off and take us for mugs I won't be renewing next summer and I will just pick and choose my games. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, handworth52 said:

I don't know the figure of last season's membership but I'm sure at a wopping  £50 up from £30 3 years ago that less took up the membership . At £90 they be lucky to shift 200 I think. Chansiri what are you doing ? 

Does anybody know official sales figures for memberships last season? 

I would hazard a guess at about 2-3,000 based on walk ups etc. For DC to justify it on business grounds he must expect to shift at least half as many to make it pay. 

Not to mention  loss of revenue from people attending games on tip of entrance cost e.g. coffee, pint, pie (if any left).

1 hour ago, supersiggi said:

Does anybody know official sales figures for memberships last season? 

I would hazard a guess at about 2-3,000 based on walk ups etc. For DC to justify it on business grounds he must expect to shift at least half as many to make it pay. 

Not to mention  loss of revenue from people attending games on tip of entrance cost e.g. coffee, pint, pie (if any left).

It still doesn't work out right on business grounds.. 

Yes, agreed & using your basis above, lets say as an example that we did 2000 memberships last year @ £50 = that's £100 k and this season do half at 1000 @ £90 = that's £90k ...- Not much difference.

BUT, that's potentially UPTO 1000 less tickets sold online or walk ups on matchday due to lost members, plus if anything spent in the ground on drink/food/merchandise etc..

Just example figures. I can only assume he was hoping to get same(ish) amount of members & get more revenue but judging by peoples reaction, not a friggin chance.

It literally makes no sense , business or common !

1 hour ago, Mr Mercury said:

It still doesn't work out right on business grounds.. 

Yes, agreed & using your basis above, lets say as an example that we did 2000 memberships last year @ £50 = that's £100 k and this season do half at 1000 @ £90 = that's £90k ...- Not much difference.

BUT, that's potentially UPTO 1000 less tickets sold online or walk ups on matchday due to lost members, plus if anything spent in the ground on drink/food/merchandise etc..

Just example figures. I can only assume he was hoping to get same(ish) amount of members & get more revenue but judging by peoples reaction, not a friggin chance.

It literally makes no sense , business or common !

Coming from the team that gave us Club 1867 does that surprise you?

• Haha 1

Like many are saying, a membership was a way of myself and my son, who live in Cambridgeshire, getting to a few more games than we might do due to the discount and also being able to get in behind ST holders for some of the larger allocation away games.

Reading many of the comments it appears that this is quite common for those that can’t afford a ST or can’t get to every game.

Have the club profiled members to  gain an insight into the reasons why people are members - if this forum is representative, clearly not.

it now means to make the membership financially viable, I will need to go to more games than I can afford (one of the major costs for members is probably fuel costs). The logic simply isn’t there and as a Business Manager for a multi million pound leisure organisation I am trying to see where the benefits are.

In a nutshell my son and I won’t be taking a membership this year which means we will go to less games - we’ll done SWFC 

Edited by pj owl
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, pj owl said:

Like many are saying, a membership was a way of myself and my son, who live in Cambridgeshire, getting to a few more games than we might do due to the discount and also being able to get in behind ST holders for some of the larger allocation away games.

Reading many of the comments it appears that this is quite common for those that can’t afford a ST or can’t get to every game.

Have the club profiled members to  gain an insight into the reasons why people are members - if this forum is representative, clearly not.

it now means to make the membership financially viable, I will need to go to more games than I can afford (one of the major costs for members is probably fuel costs). The logic simply isn’t there and as a Business Manager for a multi million pound leisure organisation I am trying to see where the benefits are.

In a nutshell my son and I won’t be taking a membership this year which means we will go to less games - we’ll done SWFC 

Think you have nailed the views of a lot of members here. Constantly pushing people away from the club they love unless you buy a season ticket

1 hour ago, ex_retfordowl said:

Think you have nailed the views of a lot of members here. Constantly pushing people away from the club they love unless you buy a season ticket

Recipe for disaster.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ex_retfordowl said:

And some can’t justify buying one for various personal reasons that means they wouldn’t get VFM from the season ticket e.g. can’t attend all games as a result of distance / travel / work / carer committments

• Like 2

Guest mkowl

Those of us in business or advise businesses are struggling to understand the commercial logic for it for the very reasons stated. If you have a membership you are more likely to try and get the benefit from it.

If you can't see you will get benefit then you don't get the membership and you will pick and choose even more.

The plan to work uses fan loyalty as it's key assumption, but I just think this is getting tested more and more