@owlstalk

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19 - VOTE NOW

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19  

754 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19

Poll to see what the score is with people who buy memberships or want to buy a membership this season

Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

Results of this will make interesting reading. 

I predict 80% will disagree with the increase, which coincidentally is the outrageous rise of memberships. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

Results of this will make interesting reading. 

I predict 80% will disagree with the increase, which coincidentally is the outrageous rise of memberships. 

Only 80% 

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Only 80% 

I was being conservative. :carlos:

• Haha 1

I guess this vote is not open to S/T holders.

it does seem a bit steep tho. I think it used to be £30 or something similar.

16 minutes ago, Lombado said:

My first membership was £20. It was great value for money. £90 is daylight robbery...

• Agree 4

17 minutes ago, Lombado said:

I'm not the greatest at doing polls to be honest

S/T holders should just vote on the questions that are applicable I guess :)

16 minutes ago, Paul said:

Had a membership for the last 20 years. Wife has had one for 15 years. At £50 it was too much as I didn't get the full benefit but still got them so could have a chance of away tickets etc.

Won't be buying any at £90 and that means we won't be able to get to as many games.

How can Wednesday get it so wrong?

I'm in almost exactly the same boat. I won't be held to ransom, so that's two fewer memberships that will be sold. Having bought two for well over a decade it's a shame I will go without from on - I had always assumed I'd renew indefinitely...

• Agree 3

Terrible strategy over last few years wasting money on some players and short sighted on a Manager who wrecks the squad. Now screw the supporters totry correct this while we watch dross once are best players have gone. £90 what a bargain !

• Agree 2

The most telling stat - as it stands just now - is that of the 25 people who normally get a membership only two are planning to do so this season. If this trend continues then surely DC will have to do something about it, won't he..?

Edited by punkskaphil
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, punkskaphil said:

The most telling stat - as it stands just now - is that of the 25 people who normally get a membership only two are planning to do so this season. If this trend continues then surely DC will have to do something about it, won't he..?

If that translates into actual real takeup then absolutely yes

This is certainly becoming a worry. DC seems way out of touch with the fans now, he is pricing the average supporter out of games, and he needs to know otherwise it will keep happening. I've had a season ticket the last few seasons, but decided to get membership this year, needless to say that won't happen now. What the hell's happening with our club? 

Edited by Maltby owl83

I moved to London in 2009. I bought a membership every year after, was the only way I could (pretty much) guarantee away tickets and it was delightful for Wycombe, derby's and Wembley. I got a second one from 2010 in my dad's name that I used either for him, my fiancée when she fancied a weekend away (Bristol City. She didn't approve) or a football supporting mate when fancied a day on the beers. 

I thought long and hard last year. And decided no to the second one. This year they can do one. I'll risk it on tickets. No way on earth am I paying £90 each. Two years ago they got £90 off me. Doesn't sound like the best financial model to me. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Maltby owl83 said:

This is certainly becoming a worry. DC seems way out of touch with the fans now, he is pricing the average supporter out of games, and he needs to know otherwise it will keep happening. I've had a season ticket the last few seasons, but decided to get membership this year, needless to say that won't happen now. What the hell's happening with our club? 

Oh and add to that the ridiculous match day ticket prices and the rudiculous shirt prices, what does he expect from the fans?? 

Nasty business this. I feel genuinely sorry for those affected.

Why the club wants to kill off membership I have no idea but that is the only outcome I can see from this appalling decision.

• Agree 1

I'd rather be in club 1867 than the Membership groovy gang.