SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19 - VOTE NOW

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19  

754 members have voted

1. 1. The membership this season is £90. Do you feel this is price is about right?

• No - Too Expensive
    • Yes - It's priced about right
  2. 2. Will you be getting a membership this season?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does the pricing of the membership alone affect your decision to buy a membership

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Would you use the megastore vouchers that come with the Membership package? (you can't use them to buy replica shirts)

• Yes - I'd use the vouchers
    • No - I'd not use the vouchers
  5. 5. Do you usually buy a membership?

• Yes
    • No I don't

My last season ticket in 1989 was less than 90 quid.

Used to buy 3 memberships for me and my lads, even though we rarely went to more than 3 games a season. it was my way of putting money into the club.

Stopped with the increase last season as it was becoming a rip off, now it's just daylight fecking robbery.

Whoever thought this one up has obviously read Baldrick's book on cunning plans.

14 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

even though we rarely went to more than 3 games a season. it was my way of putting money into the club.

Do you think football has moved on away from that thinking now and away from fans raising money to put into their club, to billionaires owning them and not needing this kind of thinking?

Owlstalk Shop

Sorry Wednesday, I'm almost out. Supporter since '65/66 season absolute 100% as a teen and thin to very regular depending on work ever since. This increase means I'll get to about 6-10 games depending on work and finances. I'll let the the powers that be work out the financial implications for themselves. They'll no doubt get that wrong as well.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Do you think football has moved on away from that thinking now and away from fans raising money to put into their club, to billionaires owning them and not needing this kind of thinking?

I don't think it matters who own the club, they still need the supporters, pricing them out helps no one, supporters need to feel included and as many as possible, you can't grow by dwindling the fan base.

Man City season tickets for example are around 299 quid, they're minted and don't particularly need the money, but they want the support, becoming one of the biggest clubs in the world can't be done by money alone, it's the millions of fans worldwide that make you that.

In the future Man City will need a bigger ground, we'll be looking to downsize.

I had a membership 3 years back it was either £25-30 been season ticket holder since , when it went upto £50 I thought it was a joke/big rip off ive looked at what other clubs charge and its a lot lower than £50 , so £90 I thought someone made this up as john McEnroe used to say ...you cant be serious . chansiri I feel will soon fall out with supporters ,then will he do to us what the hull owner did to them? that's my worry 

Since memberships have been available i have purchased one after getting rid of my season ticket in 2008 due to going off to university and I now either play or work most saturdays. However when able to I always travel up to hillsborough from Birmingham (midweek games are a blessing for me.)

With the price hike I will not be renewing my membership as I can not afford the price as a justification. For this to pay for itself i would need to attend 18 home games which I will not get to over course of a season as if i could I would buy a season ticket. On average I go to around 10-15 games a season both home and away and at the old price it was worthwhile however now i can not justify it. I am in a fortunate position as I am able to use a friends season ticket to secure away tickets as he rarely travels or I check on here and possibly pick up a last minute ticket. I understsand this is a sore subject amongst some of us but I would imagine this is the way most will go now as away tickets are difficult as is and for 5 quid off a home ticket I do not mind as much.

I understand the clubs stance on this as it is the price to pay having been out of the cashcow of the prem for so long. It is all geared towards having as many season ticket holders as possible which I understand fully and when i stop playing I will buy a season ticket. It will not stop me attending the same number of matches over the course of a season just going about it in a different way. For me I payed for the privellege of knowing I would secure a ticket for say wembley play off, yes I may miss out on matches now but I would imagine most members will not renew this year and for the money it's now not worth it and rightly so, this will either need a re pricing or a re think on insentives.

Edited by matt_johno43

I had a conversation with my dad only a couple of nights ago and asked if he was up for renewing his and my mum's memberships when I got mine and my wife's. He didn't even have to think about it.

I just phoned him now and he hadn't heard the new prices. He thought I was joking when I first told him, and he couldn't get his head around the fact that it's increased to £90 and yet we'd still get just £5 off the price of a match ticket.

Suffice to say we won't be renewing. That's £200 my family had set aside to give to the club in the next week which has stayed in our pockets, and I imagine there are plenty more in the same boat.

It feels like we've just been distanced from the club, to be honest.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

Surely the idea of the membership scheme is for the casual fan. There's absolutely no point in getting one now as far as I can see. They obviously want people to get season tickets.

For fans like me who can usually get to 12-15 games a season (give or take Sky's ridiculous rescheduling decisions), membership should be a given.

At £90, it's really not worth it. But neither is a season ticket - I just can't get to enough games.

So I'll go without, stump up an extra fiver for each individual match I attend, and feel slightly less included in this club of ours as I do so.

And when the football is mediocre and our season's petering out into nothingness again, rather than having that nagging voice in the back of my head saying: 'you spent £50 on this membership card - you best get down to Hillsborough and get your money's worth', I'll be less inclined to bother.

• Like 2

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

For fans like me who can usually get to 12-15 games a season (give or take Sky's ridiculous rescheduling decisions), membership should be a given.

At £90, it's really not worth it. But neither is a season ticket - I just can't get to enough games.

So I'll go without, stump up an extra fiver for each individual match I attend, and feel slightly less included in this club of ours as I do so.

And when the football is mediocre and our season's petering out into nothingness again, rather than having that nagging voice in the back of my head saying: 'you spent £50 on this membership card - you best get down to Hillsborough and get your money's worth', I'll be less inclined to bother.

Totally agree mate. It's a real shame in my opinion. Fans been priced out more and more.

The dearest ticket at Wolves next season - That's for one of only Six category A games, costs one pound more than the cheapest ticket on the kop for a non member to watch us play Hull.

The dearest ticket behind the goal at Wolves - to see Liverpool for example will cost £30

Parachute money or not - Chansiri is taking the biscuit.

4 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

Totally agree mate. It's a real shame in my opinion. Fans been priced out more and more.

It makes me sad, really.

I totally get the drive to push season ticket sales in order to secure revenue each season, but the club don't need to punish those fans whose circumstances dictate that they can only make a dozen or so games in the process. Those fans will still pay several hundreds of pounds to follow Wednesday each season, and yet they're being offered no incentive to continue their support.

21 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

I can't believe the club I love has come to this

They really just don't get it

Seriously taking the pish now Chansiri.

Its not just ticket prices tho . The kits are a complete and utter rip off too . I refuse to spend a penny inside the ground. I wont buy a programme , food or drink or owt from the club shop. 

• Like 1

Had a membership for the last 10 years.

Couldn't believe the price when I read it, then saw the vouchers and was tempted thinking you could use them for replica kit......them re read it and realised you can't! 

So no, definitely not