SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19 - VOTE NOW

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19  

754 members have voted

1. 1. The membership this season is £90. Do you feel this is price is about right?

• No - Too Expensive
    • Yes - It's priced about right
  2. 2. Will you be getting a membership this season?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does the pricing of the membership alone affect your decision to buy a membership

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Would you use the megastore vouchers that come with the Membership package? (you can't use them to buy replica shirts)

• Yes - I'd use the vouchers
    • No - I'd not use the vouchers
  5. 5. Do you usually buy a membership?

• Yes
    • No I don't

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think the club trying to be the footballing equivalent of Apple is fine - make the product look premium, get your core customer base doing your selling for you through peer pressure and ridiculing anyone who doesn't - I get that. It's business.

It's when the club does these misfires and missteps re Club1867 and membership pricing that it goes a little too far.

As with Club1867 hopefully the club will revise and revisit the membership scheme if nobody buys it

Hopefully they do but what misguided planning to end up having to do a U-turn.

Edited by toppOwl
  • Like 1

been in ticket office this am guess what they aint even sold 1 membership . who is running it? whose ridiculous decision was it to charge £90 , no other business what had somebody coming up with ridiculous ideas like this would stay in there job by the end of the week. we must have the lowest % of attending fans after season tickets in the championship sometimes as low as 2000 buy there tickets for games if there are appx 21000 season ticket holders and a few away supporters . if the club did away with these stupid bands and make tickets a lot more simple band a b c all night games band c . band a would be villa,utd,leeds ,west brom,stoke , band b Saturday games Rotherham, forest derby etc  band c Saturday ie millwall ,reading . charge on kop £30 £25 £20 fiver extra on north,south . membership £30  that way instead of as little as 2k they probably would sell 5k and a lot more for bigger game and if doing well , not only that a lot more would be spent in the ground and in shop , now if somebody as simple as me can suggest a simple business plan to attract more to the games ,hence much higher turnover why cant someone earning at the club 100k a year? in other words they are totally out of touch with the support ,and frankly shouldn't be any where near our or any other club . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, g-owls said:

We're too soft in this country.

Remember last season in Germany when about 40,000 Dortmund fans boycotted a game because it was moved to a Friday night for TV coverage?

There's nothing wrong with loyalty, but blind loyalty is a step too far.

I admire supporters like that ,that's the only way to try to beat these dictators running 90% of our clubs ,I remember a few Spanish teams doing certain protests , Valencia all left the stand in protest and went round the back for a certain amount of time during a game , the fa football league should do far more to govern certain club owners so they cant do what the likes  of allum do at hull ie charging kids same price ,otherwise the game is totally lost 

Guest Bulgaria

I have a season ticket which I share with my dad as obviously I can't get to many games. I also buy a membership so we would both be guaranteed tickets for big games.

My dad has told me not to bother this season as it's just becoming silly at 90 pounds.

Buying a membership  wasn't just to get you a ticket, it also made you feel part of our club.

Opening your wallet and seeing the card with SWFC on it made me proud, I would show it to folk from all over the world.

No more... Hope Chansiri treats his real family with more respect.

We have had memberships for years but this price rise is disgraceful.

The key thing is we need to know is who made this pricing decision?

The new CEO failed to get Hirst to sign a new Contract and both Bannon and Joao can leave for £0.00 in 11 months time.

I want to know ahat the hell she is doing to justify her salary?

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

We have had memberships for years but this price rise is disgraceful.

The key thing is we need to know is who made this pricing decision?

The new CEO failed to get Hirst to sign a new Contract and both Bannon and Joao can leave for £0.00 in 11 months time.

I want to know ahat the hell she is doing to justify her salary?

You appear to have already made your mind up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Teeside owl said:

mate of mine is a member of arsenal he pays he says 29 pound same perks as us they also get a invite to the training ground shocking is not the word

The main difference with Arsenal is that only 3,500 home tickets are made available to members per match, and the £29 Red membership only gives priority once all the other levels of membership have had their chance to buy.

5 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

This may well be a prelude to dumping membership; Increasing ST prices and building in loyalty sweetners !

It just seems such a daft idea to effectively alienate a whole segment of the fan base. 

I don't want a season ticket, it's not about price it's about I don't want to go to 23 home games a season. I go to about 6 games a season and throughly enjoy it. I am looking forward to tomorrow's game a lot. I believe that a significant amount of Wednesday Fans have a simalar requirement. 

Since I stopped having a season ticket I have bought the membership package every season  (with the odd exception), it suited me. I could get tickets for the games I wanted and I felt part of the club. 

I really would like to buy this again but I will not be ripped off. 

• Like 1

Our successful businessman seems to have the strategic commercial acumen of a wasp in a jar.

We are no better than when he arrived and are now splurting best part of £20M a year down the pan and failing to see and implement obvious opportunities.

Hopefully Daddy will take his train set away from him soon when he realises that 'Rip-Off' is frittering away the family silver

• Like 2