SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19 - VOTE NOW

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19  

754 members have voted

1. 1. The membership this season is £90. Do you feel this is price is about right?

• No - Too Expensive
    • Yes - It's priced about right
  2. 2. Will you be getting a membership this season?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does the pricing of the membership alone affect your decision to buy a membership

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Would you use the megastore vouchers that come with the Membership package? (you can't use them to buy replica shirts)

• Yes - I'd use the vouchers
    • No - I'd not use the vouchers
  5. 5. Do you usually buy a membership?

• Yes
    • No I don't

Pretty sure the Fluff Boys will be here soon to tell us what a good job is being done or use diversion tactics to avoid the obvious calamitous way the club is run.

How many staff have left now, over 60 is it?

We are becoming an embarrasment and what general goodwill we had in football from many supporters is evaporating quickly.

There is a complete lack of understanding of his market and an even bigger lack of empathy with his customers.

Edited by 33
tyop
  • Like 1

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 20:36, muzz said:

I was fully intending renewing my membership until this announcement. Only ended up getting to 5 home games last year (live in Bristol) so the club made £25 more from my membership and discounted tickets than if i'd POTG full price. I didnt mind that at £50, but i do at £90. I wont be renewing sadly.

Yes, same here exactly.

A couple of my mates at work who support Charlton are now winding me up incessantly saying that Katrein  " night" Meire is behind this, but, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter, I won't be renewing either.

I'm still in love with SWFC., just a shame that our paths won't be crossing half as often this season

• Like 2

On 26/07/2018 at 11:42, londonowl said:

Probably because they have decided to charge £90 for sweet FA instead but don't worry, you can get £5 off each of your tickets so it will be £300 for your 6 games now, over half the price of a 23 game season ticket and without the priority level.

I've got a 14 year old and an 8 year old so 3 season tickets in North would be £780.

With last year's average prices, and current membership prices, 6 games would cost me £500.

I know they want ST sales, I do get it but FFS, I live 4 hours away and can't even get to midweek games after the kids finish school. It's a huge disparity, £500 for 6 games or £780 for 23. 

I know I'm being selective because we could go to Preston 3 days before Christmas for £12 but the point of having a membership is because we can only make some games so if the 'big reward' is for a particular game, it kind of defeats the object.

Like many others, I am not renewing the memberships. I refuse to.

Can't disagree with any of that. I'm glad that I can (just about) make a ST work for me and my two lads (£23 each in the grandstand). Why the club get some things so wrong I really do not know :(

2 hours ago, 33 said:

Pretty sure the Fluff Boys will be here soon to tell us what a good job is being done or use diversion tactics to avoid the obvious calamitous way the club is run.

How many staff have left now, over 60 is it?

We are becoming an embarrasment and what general goodwill we had in football from many supporters is evaporating quickly.

There is a complete lack of understanding of his market and an even bigger lack of empathy with his customers.

I know quite a few fans of other clubs and everyone of them can't believe the price of membership at SWFC

Clubs a total joke and I can't see it improving any time soon.

1 hour ago, Andoverowl said:

I know quite a few fans of other clubs and everyone of them can't believe the price of membership at SWFC

Clubs a total joke and I can't see it improving any time soon.

We are being charged premier league prices for mid table championship football, 

6 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

We are being charged premier league prices for mid table championship football, 

Do any Premier League clubs charge £90 for membership? Most are far cheaper.

What makes it so frustrating is that the season ticket prices are fair enough (as long as you buy them during the early bird phase), but the club seem hellbent on actively alienating the entirety of the fan base beyond that.

They don't seem to understand that there are plenty of Wednesday fans and potential Wednesday fans for whom a season ticket is just not a viable option. Rather than treating these fans as pariahs, the club should be offering them incentives to attend as many games as they can. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Do any Premier League clubs charge £90 for membership? Most are far cheaper.

What makes it so frustrating is that the season ticket prices are fair enough (as long as you buy them during the early bird phase), but the club seem hellbent on actively alienating the entirety of the fan base beyond that.

They don't seem to understand that there are plenty of Wednesday fans and potential Wednesday fans for whom a season ticket is just not a viable option. Rather than treating these fans as pariahs, the club should be offering them incentives to attend as many games as they can. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

I don’t think any other club in the whole world

charges what we are. 

At first I was just angry with the prices, now I’m at the point of realisation that I won’t be going to many more than 2/3 home games all season, 

Dont get me wrong it’s bad that it’s come to this but at the end of the day if there’s many like me then it’s going to hit the club in the pocket. 

What I really don’t understand is, is DC really this stupid when it comes to business or is it doing on purpose for some unbeknown reason?

Looked at membership last year but expensive in terms of I would need at attend 10 games to break even. This year I didn't even bother doing the maths, zero value for me.

Season tickets are good value but wouldn't attend enough games, I was all set though to buy with enthusiasm for the new season but as the summer has dragged on with weakening the squad rather than strengthening, enthusiasm has been lost.

I wouldnt say I've been priced out as such, accepted the high prices to allow for a decent product on the pitch challenging for promotion, but that's not the case bearing in mind we're starting the season with last year's squad, minus 5 first team players.

If we're going for a youth development strategy, fine. I'm  all behind this and accept a year or two in transition but dont expect me to pay £40+ to watch it. My football  this year will be as last, televised games at home and cherry pick the cheaper games.  

Might give the foundation a go this season as has been mentioned in a few other threads, good cause, value in terms of the prize draws and £20 tickets during the season.

Edited by striker

The pricing of the membership this year is an absolute joke. What the hell were they thinking when they set these prices. I feel we as fans of sheffield Wednesday we have been duped into buying season tickets because of The survey we took part in to keep prices high too keep on investing in team improvement, when there as been no investment whatsoever. Very clever By the club to bring out this survey before season tickets sales started, making us believe they would carry on improving the squad. 

If you don't buy a season ticket you're worthless to the club. 

How can anyone argue against that with the evidence of the pricing strategies in front of us. No other teams charge this. No other teams sailing close to FFP charge this. Most are clever enough to realise that weeing off the fan base isnt beneficial. Its staggering the attitude we have from the top down. 

We're being punished for not being able to buy a season ticket. Unbelievable.

Me and two (adult now) Lads have an ST, a 5 year one, which means he isn't getting any more from us for some time.

Similarly those with multi-year STs

So where is the money gonna come from then, especially if the rest of the non-ST fan base is marginalised or even worse gone for good?

Afraid 'Rip-Off' hasn't got the foggiest.

No corporate as it is ridiculous.

Hospitality down at his £100 plus + VAT prices

POTG down

Merchandising and Retail a joke

ST revenues totally dependent upon generating new ST holders from those disenfranchised

Successful Businessman

Edited by 33
tpoy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 33 said:

Me and two (adult now) Lads have an ST, a 5 year one, which means he isn't getting any more from us for some time.

Similarly those with multi-year STs

So where is the money gonna come from then, especially if the rest of the non-ST fan base is marginalised or even worse gone for good?

Afraid 'Rip-Off' hasn't got the foggiest.

No corporate as it is ridiculous.

Hospitality down at his £100 plus + VAT prices

POTG down

Merchandising and Retail a joke

ST revenues totally dependent upon generating new ST holders from those disenfranchised

Successful Businessman

You tell them Wolfie.

Power to the people!

garymegson

• Haha 2

Turn it on its head.

"Dear Mr Chansiri, due to the wife putting financial restraints upon me due to her version of FFP... (She calls it Profit and sustainability lol ..yea I know Delphjon)

I will no longer be able to pay £90 for membership...I want to...but I'm not allowed..due to the domestic regulations...

If you like...due to my unwavering loyalty , I am quite prepared to come along and support the lads for nothing.."

Happy to help

Andy the Owl

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Turn it on its head.

"Dear Mr Chansiri, due to the wife putting financial restraints upon me due to her version of FFP... (She calls it Profit and sustainability lol ..yea I know Delphjon)

I will no longer be able to pay £90 for membership...I want to...but I'm not allowed..due to the domestic regulations...

If you like...due to my unwavering loyalty , I am quite prepared to come along and support the lads for nothing.."

Happy to help

Andy the Owl

lol

GENIUS

Owlstalk Shop

Dear Chairman,

I have so many things I need to pay for and I can’t pay for everything. Every month I put everything into a hat and whatever I pull out of the hat gets paid.

If you are not prepared to consider a big reduction in membership then no longer will the piece of paper saying renew SWFC membership go into my hat.

You have been warned.

theowlsman

• Like 1

I think it's fair to say that memberships aren't flying off the shelves.

A) Do the club care? Or is this part of some bizarre plan to kill off memberships by making them untenable to all but the criminally insane?

B) If they do care, what can they now do to rescue the situation?

For me, a simple thing they could do is announce that the saving per game has been increased to £10. That way, even at £90,  it would become a tempting offer for those fans who fall into the 10-15 games per season bracket.

Of course, a price drop might be even more straightforward...

:duntmatter:

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 1