SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19 - VOTE NOW

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19  

754 members have voted

1. 1. The membership this season is £90. Do you feel this is price is about right?

• No - Too Expensive
    • Yes - It's priced about right
  2. 2. Will you be getting a membership this season?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does the pricing of the membership alone affect your decision to buy a membership

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Would you use the megastore vouchers that come with the Membership package? (you can't use them to buy replica shirts)

• Yes - I'd use the vouchers
    • No - I'd not use the vouchers
  5. 5. Do you usually buy a membership?

• Yes
    • No I don't

Even though I can only get to a limited number of matches I am a season ticket holder so obviously I won’t be buying membership. My son and his two children who live in Warwickshire have been members.  But they will not be renewing. They can only get to 4 or 5 games a year and they are not going to pay a total of £170.00 for a maximum saving of £75.00 on match tickets. I don’t know what possessed the person responsible for this mad decision. There will be a huge drop in the numbers renewing membership and probably a revenue reduction because of this. But worse is the callous disregard for the fans who want to support their team through thick and thin but are being priced out of doing it. I am beginning to despair about the people running our club. 

Edited by Portugal Owl
Typo

Reading this thread the thing I'm probably most surprised about is the number of fans who buy a membership even though they're abroad or unable to make any games in order to 'do my bit for the club'

In a time when multimillionaire chairman are giving multimillionaire players contracts worth millions and with their agents getting millions too.

It's such a strange thought process in this day and age that people feel they need to contribute towards that  and even more so when you look at the lack of sponsors, advertisers etc at Hillsborough

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hillsborough Mole
11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Reading this thread the thing I'm probably most surprised about is the number of fans who buy a membership even though they're abroad or unable to make any games in order to 'do my bit for the club'

In a time when multimillionaire chairman are giving multimillionaire players contracts worth millions and with their agents getting millions too.

It's such a strange thought process in this day and age that people feel they need to contribute towards that  and even more so when you look at the lack of sponsors, advertisers etc at Hillsborough

It makes people feel they belong, they are contributing, being involved.

In the last 4 years that involvement has gone from £25 to £90

People arent so keen to be included now.

Edited by Hillsborough Mole

3 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

It makes people feel they belong, they are contributing, being involved.

You don't have to hand over money to a billionaire for something you'll never use to feel involved.

Surely there are other products/services that Wednesday offer that are worth paying for/investing in instead?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You don't have to hand over money to a billionaire for something you'll never use to feel involved.

Surely there are other products/services that Wednesday offer that are worth paying for/investing in instead?

Other than Wednesday Player / iFollow ?

Struggling

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Think because when people say they are a member they can feel part of the club and can still be a supporter even though through circumstances cant get to many games. 

On 06/08/2018 at 14:45, matthefish2002 said:

Think because when people say they are a member they can feel part of the club and can still be a supporter even though through circumstances cant get to many games. 

I’ve been a member to save money (which has been the case) and get some sort of priority on high demand/away games. Simple as that. At £90 though it doesn’t make any sense to get one. 

4 minutes ago, Owlin' Wolf said:

I’ve been a member to save money (which has been the case) and get some sort of priority on high demand/away games. Simple as that. At £90 though it doesn’t make any sense to get one. 

At this price it's only any use if going to most if not all games but if you're going to most or all games you're most likely to have a season ticket or/and can afford one.

£90 is ridiculous, £60 would be a bit of a rip off but I think more fans would have accepted a £10 rise.

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

At this price it's only any use if going to most if not all games but if you're going to most or all games you're most likely to have a season ticket or/and can afford one.

£90 is ridiculous, £60 would be a bit of a rip off but I think more fans would have accepted a £10 rise.

I think £50 was pushing it but as I said it worked for me. The thing is with a membership it needs to pay off for the fan who can get to a decent amount of games but far less than would warrant a ST so it needs to be priced quite specifically, any more then £50 and it starts to become a bit pointless. If I’m honest I actually think I could just about break even on the £90 IF I managed to get to all the games with the EXTRA (more than £5) saving but there’s also a strong chance I’d lose money so there’s not much point. I was alll ready to buy again at £50 and as you say I would probably have begrudgingly paid £60. The other thing is I might even have bought a ST at the early bird price of I’d had known the memberships were going to be £90. 

Im one of those who seems to get to an awkward amount of games - 13 last season, 16 the season before, etc so I’m sort of in between a ST and membership but membership has been ideal for me and my daughter......until now.