SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19 - VOTE NOW

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19  

754 members have voted

1. 1. The membership this season is £90. Do you feel this is price is about right?

• No - Too Expensive
    • Yes - It's priced about right
  2. 2. Will you be getting a membership this season?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does the pricing of the membership alone affect your decision to buy a membership

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Would you use the megastore vouchers that come with the Membership package? (you can't use them to buy replica shirts)

• Yes - I'd use the vouchers
    • No - I'd not use the vouchers
  5. 5. Do you usually buy a membership?

• Yes
    • No I don't

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 12:55, S36 OWL said:

This summer I decided not to extend my 3 year ST ,and let it run down ,so I'm going I to last season of it now.if the club continue to rip us off and take us for mugs I won't be renewing next summer and I will just pick and choose my games. 

I'd recommend getting one mate as by then the only way you'll be able to get a ticket to a home game will be the same method employed in Charlie and the Chocolate factory - you'll have to find a ticket hidden in a can of tuna, after spending £8000 you find a ticket to Wigan at home :Pelupessy:

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, james o connor said:

From a successful family of businessmen. The man himself couldn’t run a bath . 

Actually saddens me what he’s doing to the club . Just as crap as we were before he took over , we just have to pay 5x more for the privilege . Like many others , im well and truly out 

I’ll be going with my sister to watch Lincoln this season, Sheffield Wednesday don’t seem to care about fans like me anymore so I’m finding it incredibly difficult to care back.

I was fully intending renewing my membership until this announcement. Only ended up getting to 5 home games last year (live in Bristol) so the club made £25 more from my membership and discounted tickets than if i'd POTG full price. I didnt mind that at £50, but i do at £90. I wont be renewing sadly.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This

It's the biggest most unnecessary invention when you think about it

it was good idea for many years as it put you up the batting order for away tickets which is why i had when I lived away  but with so many season ticket holders now i'd think  it's not much use in that department as it sells out to them more often than not . 

Football is just something I'll watch on the tv every now and then through pirated streams or if we're are on the radio I'll listen in. But paying the extortionate prices for a ticket and then this overpriced membership scheme, no chance. 

A shame really, like many I have spoken to who used to go every game and all the away matches they could get to, there comes a point where you have to question the mentality of paying these bizarre prices.

And you just stop going and do other things instead.

Edited by mrgund

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Just scrap membership 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

This

It's the biggest most unnecessary invention when you think about it

No no no no no no no

Make EVERYBODY a member

Give everybody who buys a ticket a card they can collect priority points on. FOR FREE

Give every single Wednesday fan who buys a match ticket a membership and let them know they belong. The possibilities then are endless. Get them to put money on it to buy food from the catering stalls. 

3 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

No no no no no no no

Make EVERYBODY a member

Give everybody who buys a ticket a card they can collect priority points on. FOR FREE

Give every single Wednesday fan who buys a match ticket a membership and let them know they belong. The possibilities then are endless. Get them to put money on it to buy food from the catering stalls. 

OMFG

IVE JUST HAD THE LIGHT SHONE INTO MY SOUL

Of course. It’s literally that simple

We are literally paying £90 for a Tesco points clubcard!!?!!

WHY ARE WE PAYING FOR A CLUBCARD???

ha ha it’s mentalist innit!!

Owlstalk Shop

This is my first season without a season ticket in years and years. A financial decision on my part. But to be honest I'm not as bothered about not going as I thought I would be.

The club has alienated a number of supporters with its pricing. The kit is horrendous, with that stupid Elev8 branded on it and the rubbish badge. Chansiri plastered across the front of it. No signings, lack of transparency from the club. 

Genuinely lost a lot of interest and will still love the club and get to some away games but the spark has gone. I thought Chansiri was really creating something that season we got too Wembley. Since then it has been an absolute car crash.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

OMFG

IVE JUST HAD THE LIGHT SHONE INTO MY SOUL

Of course. It’s literally that simple

We are literally paying £90 for a Tesco points clubcard!!?!!

WHY ARE WE PAYING FOR A CLUBCARD???

ha ha it’s mentalist innit!!

Exactly pal

Its a bit of plastic that stores points. Thats it.

Every single time you go t a supermarket they try to get you to take a LOYALTY CARD. FOR FREE

We want our fans to pay £90 for the privilege of getting a bit of a discount on tickets and merchandise THAT WE ALREADY MAKE AN ABSOLUTE KILLING ON

Guest mkowl

Let's be honest if people are still buying them at £90 then it won't change.

If during the season folk are still buying tickets at full price then it won't change

That seems to be the logic. We make more money because the fans will still stump up one way or the other. 

2 hours ago, themaskedowl said:

Any indications that the price will change?

As somebody said earlier in the thread, if it’s back down to £50, I’ll buy one by c.o.b. even though it will leave a slightly bitter taste. 

(Sounds so final doesn’t it c.o.b.?)

It was me.

As long as people don't buy it I think he might back track when we reach the season ticket deadline. 

Two factors will impact the amount that POTG. i) success and ii) price. 

We're going into the new season with a weaker squad than last year and the division is arguably a lot stronger. As I see it for the first weeks (poss months) of the season our attack will be limited to Joao, Nuhui and Nando, so will be tough.

It's a massive gamble from DC. If we are struggling, walk ups will diminish so he will be left with the 20,000 or so ST holders and away fans. Very little match day revenue. 

His only other option to secure walk ups is if he prices games as category E,F or G. I personally think the £30 mark is a bit of a psychological barrier for people.

We'll see.

• Like 1

When the memberships were announced as being on sale on the website I looked at the under 11's one and thought I'd get it for my little girl but when I went to the online shop it wasn't on sale 

I kept trying - it wasn't on sale later that day either

When it eventually DID appear on sale I couldn't figure out how to buy a junior one on it's own - it only gave me the option of an adult one once I'd logged in (other options were greyed out)

Since then I've given up trying, and thought about it a bit more, and am not going to get one as I think the club will have to relook at these memberships once the sales figures come through.

The number of impulse buys that the club has lost from not having stuff on sale when announcing it is must be through the roof to be fair. They deffo need to look at making sure things are available to buy when they announce it as available and on sale on the website.

Meanwhile for my little girl have considered foundation but the offering for her isn't as interesting as the membership, so I'm going to put the money towards a long weekend away somewhere fun

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

If during the season folk are still buying tickets at full price then it won't change

That seems to be the logic. We make more money because the fans will still stump up one way or the other. 

We're too soft in this country.

Remember last season in Germany when about 40,000 Dortmund fans boycotted a game because it was moved to a Friday night for TV coverage?

There's nothing wrong with loyalty, but blind loyalty is a step too far.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

I think the club trying to be the footballing equivalent of Apple is fine - make the product look premium, get your core customer base doing your selling for you through peer pressure and ridiculing anyone who doesn't - I get that. It's business.

It's when the club does these misfires and missteps re Club1867 and membership pricing that it goes a little too far.

As with Club1867 hopefully the club will revise and revisit the membership scheme if nobody buys it

Owlstalk Shop