SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19 - VOTE NOW

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19  

754 members have voted

1. 1. The membership this season is £90. Do you feel this is price is about right?

• No - Too Expensive
    • Yes - It's priced about right
  2. 2. Will you be getting a membership this season?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does the pricing of the membership alone affect your decision to buy a membership

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Would you use the megastore vouchers that come with the Membership package? (you can't use them to buy replica shirts)

• Yes - I'd use the vouchers
    • No - I'd not use the vouchers
  5. 5. Do you usually buy a membership?

• Yes
    • No I don't

22 hours ago, 1963owl said:

whoevers priced this up need to have their head examined. We are meant to be encouraging POTG not driving them away.

The club aren't meant to encouraging POTG, quite the opposite they want everyone to either be season ticket holders or buy their tickets beforehand (usually as a member due to the discount accrued). 

However with this ridiculous increase in membership, the club are just going to lose yet more fans as they can't afford season tickets and won't be able to afford to get pre paid match tickets as unless you go to over 3/4 of the home matches the membership just isn't worth it.

It will soon be season ticket holders only at Hillsborough, there are already alot less cash turnstiles, in a few years I can't see there being any.

This will just lead to less paying customers and alienation of fans.

Don't think the club realise once they lose these supporters it will be very hard to get them back on board again, they will start doing something else (much cheaper) with their Saturday afternoons, just looking out for results and supporting from afar. Very bad business decision imho.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

This summer I decided not to extend my 3 year ST ,and let it run down ,so I'm going I to last season of it now.if the club continue to rip us off and take us for mugs I won't be renewing next summer and I will just pick and choose my games. 

Memberships next year will be £162 going on this years increase. Enjoy. Lol 

23 hours ago, matt_johno43 said:

Since memberships have been available i have purchased one after getting rid of my season ticket in 2008 due to going off to university and I now either play or work most saturdays. However when able to I always travel up to hillsborough from Birmingham (midweek games are a blessing for me.)

With the price hike I will not be renewing my membership as I can not afford the price as a justification. For this to pay for itself i would need to attend 18 home games which I will not get to over course of a season as if i could I would buy a season ticket. On average I go to around 10-15 games a season both home and away and at the old price it was worthwhile however now i can not justify it. I am in a fortunate position as I am able to use a friends season ticket to secure away tickets as he rarely travels or I check on here and possibly pick up a last minute ticket. I understsand this is a sore subject amongst some of us but I would imagine this is the way most will go now as away tickets are difficult as is and for 5 quid off a home ticket I do not mind as much.

I understand the clubs stance on this as it is the price to pay having been out of the cashcow of the prem for so long. It is all geared towards having as many season ticket holders as possible which I understand fully and when i stop playing I will buy a season ticket. It will not stop me attending the same number of matches over the course of a season just going about it in a different way. For me I payed for the privellege of knowing I would secure a ticket for say wembley play off, yes I may miss out on matches now but I would imagine most members will not renew this year and for the money it's now not worth it and rightly so, this will either need a re pricing or a re think on insentives.

Join us.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/westmidlandsowls/  @WestMidlandsOwl on twitter. Plenty of us in the same boat. 

At some of the steering group meetings there was talk of a "multi-ticket" - pay (for arguments sake) £180 for the right to go to six games over the season. It would need to have some very clear T&Cs applied but I don't know why it never took off. Seems a good solution to me for all the people who through distance, work, family etc cannot justify a ST.

20 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

At some of the steering group meetings there was talk of a "multi-ticket" - pay (for arguments sake) £180 for the right to go to six games over the season. It would need to have some very clear T&Cs applied but I don't know why it never took off. Seems a good solution to me for all the people who through distance, work, family etc cannot justify a ST.

Think it was said elsewhere the club couldn't make it work due to complexity of the administrative side.

1 hour ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

I wrote to DC suggesting something similar, didn't get a reply...

15 minutes ago, Millhouses said:

I wrote to DC suggesting something similar, didn't get a reply...

It was a really popular idea at the Steering Group. Followed up a couple of meetings later. Then nothing. Shame really as I think the idea could be a real winner.

If the club read this forum please take note of these poll results. I realise it's a small sample and arguably not representative of the fan base as a whole but at time of writing 132 people said they normally get a membership. 9 have said they still will. 

6.8%.

Come on Mr Chansiri. Common sense must prevail. 

10 hours ago, Andoverowl said:

Successful businessman lol

From a successful family of businessmen. The man himself couldn’t run a bath . 

Actually saddens me what he’s doing to the club . Just as crap as we were before he took over , we just have to pay 5x more for the privilege . Like many others , im well and truly out 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, supersiggi said:

If the club read this forum please take note of these poll results. I realise it's a small sample and arguably not representative of the fan base as a whole but at time of writing 132 people said they normally get a membership. 9 have said they still will. 

6.8%.

Come on Mr Chansiri. Common sense must prevail. 

Common sense?...that's a novel idea DC.

51 minutes ago, james o connor said:

From a successful family of businessmen. The man himself couldn’t run a bath . 

Actually saddens me what he’s doing to the club . Just as crap as we were before he took over , we just have to pay 5x more for the privilege . Like many others , im well and truly out 

with what I pay i'm in the "i'm alright jack" brigade but for me he needs to go asap .his ineptitude on how he runs the club is staggering .

Just now, torryowl said:

with what I pay i'm in the "i'm alright jack" brigade but for me he needs to go asap .his ineptitude on how he runs the club is staggering .

It staggers me he can be that wrong every single time . I genuinely never thought I’d see the day when I turned my back on watching the club . Even in the darkest days of Alan Irvine , Chris sedgewick etc , I went week in week out . Last season I went to probably 10 matches despite having a season ticket , I’m sure I’m not the only one . 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

It staggers me he can be that wrong every single time . I genuinely never thought I’d see the day when I turned my back on watching the club . Even in the darkest days of Alan Irvine , Chris sedgewick etc , I went week in week out . Last season I went to probably 10 matches despite having a season ticket , I’m sure I’m not the only one . 

Very similar mate. Started going with my dad in the late 80s. Had season tickets from late 90s onwards. Stopped a couple of years ago as family circumstances changed.

Still had memberships and would go as much as I could. Did 12 matches last season.

I have never felt so distant from my club. I feel completely disenchanted with the whole situation. 

Chansiri has done this. How he has chosen to run my club astounds me. It's not altogether a cost thing. I could afford a season ticket but my family situation currently doesn't make it worthwhile and I refuse to blindly pay for a membership and ergo overpriced match day tickets.

He needs to realise that in the real world where daddy doesn't buy you a football club to play with, people have financial decisions to make. If some fans want to pay (in my opinion) ridiculous amounts of money to attend a football match good on them. But, I refuse to do that.

At one time of day I would. I travelled all over the country to watch absolute garbage but I am well and truly falling out of love with Sheffield Wednesday. I sentence I never thought I'd write.

My kids want to go on Saturday- I will probably take them but it will be with a heavy heart.

Guest Hillsborough Mole

I'm a season ticket holder

Last season was the first ever I went to more away games than home games

I missed 7 home games entirely by choice - just couldn't stand being there. Never felt like that before - even at the clubs lowest days, finishing just shy of relegation to the bottom division, club suing fans etc.

15 hours ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Probably because they have decided to charge £90 for sweet FA instead but don't worry, you can get £5 off each of your tickets so it will be £300 for your 6 games now, over half the price of a 23 game season ticket and without the priority level.

I've got a 14 year old and an 8 year old so 3 season tickets in North would be £780.

With last year's average prices, and current membership prices, 6 games would cost me £500.

I know they want ST sales, I do get it but FFS, I live 4 hours away and can't even get to midweek games after the kids finish school. It's a huge disparity, £500 for 6 games or £780 for 23. 

I know I'm being selective because we could go to Preston 3 days before Christmas for £12 but the point of having a membership is because we can only make some games so if the 'big reward' is for a particular game, it kind of defeats the object.

Like many others, I am not renewing the memberships. I refuse to.

I was around during the Dave Allen days - I was even one of those who he went after (without success of course)

Even at that point I still felt part of something with a Season ticket etc.

I've never felt so distanced from the club I've been watching for over 30 years. I know times change and things move on, but in this country at least there's millions of people who live for Saturday afternoons and the chance to see their mates, have a drink and watch the football.

Asking them to pay prices like this will force them away, there's plenty of people on here who that applies to, me being just one.

Welcome to modern day football - greedy, overpriced and morally corrupt.

With a heavy heart I may have to lend some support to a non league team near from my area - It's affordable, genuine and run by people who give up their own time to help keep the 'beautiful game' exactly that.

I've never expected Wednesday to win anything - I don't demand a win every week with stunning football and world class goals. I just want to see a game at an affordable price, just like my father did when he first started taking me back in 1986.

If Chansiri thinks the average Joe who can't make every game, will be able to justify these prices then he really needs a reality check on normal everyday life. It's bang out of order and a big 'up yours' to a section of supporters who are just as committed in their own way as anyone else.

He can stuff it, and I'd tell him to his face if I ever met him - And before anyone says - No I'm not doing an 90 mile round trip for a fans forum - Travelling to a game alone costs enough as it is.

• Like 2