Mansfield Town vs #SWFC | official matchday thread

2 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

I agree, I just used that analogy, before it got used on me. We should be schooling Mansfield, okay, they are no mugs, but if we are to have any hope next season we should be beating these teams comfortably. 

But Lukestheman comes from the back and takes the lead, this bedwetter from many years standing is protecting his cherished title of OT Bedweters Champion.

20 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

So slagging them down at every opportunity helps. They are not the best but until they are replaced give them a break. 

Fair do's with Fox but how many times do you see Palmer sauntering back to defence when the opposition is on the attack? That's nothing to do with not being good enough.

3 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

Team v Alfreton was 17 year olds mate against a conference team

Wasnt the 4-0 Scunthorpe pre-season defeat the same season we lost our first 6 games under Laws?

results maybe unimportant but poor performances can be concerning, like I was after the rangers game, which was my point 

Fair enough on the Alfreton game, it was an academy team.

We lost 4-2 at Scunthorpe a week before the start of the 2015-16 season with pretty much the team that would start against Bristol City. I am sure the performance in conceding 4 at Scunny was encouraging though!

29 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

I've let so many of your comments slide, but do you really support Wednesday? 

Fox has had some bad games last season, when we had a collectively bad season across the whole squad.    He also had some very good games too, but people forget that.

Palmer likewise. 

But, let's get back to my main point?   Are you Rory Noonan?   Or just a poor replica?

They aren’t good enough though are they

7 minutes ago, canyoujust said:

In Jos we trust crew make me smile ... What manager worth anything would sit quiet all transfer window with zero incoming ... 

Puppet and cheap is all he is 

What a strange sentiment. If DC believes he can't spend this Summer it doesn't matter what manager is in charge. How do you know he's not stressing to DC that he needs a couple of players in?

You're just as bad as the Jos in crew by going to the e theme the other way and saying he's cheap and a puppet.

Just now, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Absolutely bizarre second for Mansfield. Player crosses from right on the goalline to no one. Dawson seemed to jump over the ball, changed direction in mid air whilst the ball rolled along the line and in.

And there are people on here who think Dawson should be #1 over Westwood. 

WTF:

1 minute ago, MartinOwlMan said:

lol

The comments here

The reactions

The OVER reactions

It's a pre season friendly

If we were 8-0 up at half time it wouldn't mean we were setting off on a championship winning season 

and being 1-0 down to Mansfield pre season means nothing

2 nil is worse, we should be doing better so close to the seasons start

I know it’s only pre season but I feel sorry for the fans who’ve paid to go and watch tonight, so glad I didn’t buy a ticket for Saturday.

I can’t comment on the performance tonight but I just hope it doesn’t have the same worrying signs that the Rangers game had last season.

Leaving Hillsborough that day I knew exactly what was coming!!

People need to get real about the season ahead These games are unimportant for anything other than fitness (maybe we need to work on this) but this is a season of transition Mid table will do me, with this squad