Mansfield Town vs #SWFC | official matchday thread

Guest Arcadianrocket
2 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

I've let so many of your comments slide, but do you really support Wednesday? 

Fox has had some bad games last season, when we had a collectively bad season across the whole squad.    He also had some very good games too, but people forget that.

Palmer likewise. 

But, let's get back to my main point?   Are you Rory Noonan?   Or just a poor replica?

Yes I do. I have seen Fox and Palmer play too many times. Palmer has been on borrowed time for years, most of our fans still think he's 18.

Fox would be ok as back up center back, that is about it.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Sounds like a severe lack of pace. When the hell will that be addressed!?! 

We can't spend any money, and we can't afford to let our better players go.

It's high time that non-parachute clubs in this division with money to spend got together and refused to play the parachute clubs unless spending restrictions are loosened.

Guest Kameron

Chill out, we'll pick it up second half.  The first half at Lincoln was the same, second half we looked a completely different side.

6 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

With 10 days to go till start of season ‘meh’ isnt really good enough! Mansfield seem up for it so why arnt we?!

Exactly this, its preseason for both teams. Okay, it theirs cup final blah blah blab, but our lot are supposed to be top level pros. 

2 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Yes I do. I have seen Fox and Palmer play too many times. Palmer has been on borrowed time for years, most of our fans still think he's 18.

Fox would be ok as back up center back, that is about it.

Yes, there is a big disparity in quality between front and back.

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

We can't spend any money, and we can't afford to let our better players go.

It's high time that non-parachute clubs in this division with money to spend got together and refused to play the parachute clubs unless spending restrictions are loosened.

Derby in a similar position and managing to do it, their approach buy now, sell later?

Guest Willow Owl
2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

True but i doubt anyone is judging Palmer and Fox on this pre season alone. 

So slagging them down at every opportunity helps. They are not the best but until they are replaced give them a break. 

Neither Palmer or Fox are wing-backs. Palmer is terrible going forward and Fox just isn't good enough either defending or attacking but when you're not bringing in players to improve the side, what can you do?

Guest Arcadianrocket
3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, there is a big disparity in quality between front and back.

Makes you laugh the state of our defense and full backs when we signed Rhodes, Abdi, Jones and Boyd. Wonder how much we wasted on all of them. Sure we could have had a few decent Wing backs and CB

I just dont get posters slating Fox and Palmer, they are only squad players they will only be used in emergency, stop worrying they will not be 

starting at all for the first team.

Chill everybody, Jos knows what he's doing.

• Haha 1